JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by dmbfan09: 7/6/2019 10:35:27 PM

Do you guys still think Destiny 2 is a bad game?

Now, seeing as how saying the D-word around here is taboo I fully expect to be bombarded with hate but I want to know peoples opinions on D2 right now. do you still think that it is a bad game? Why is it a bad game? What do you think they could do to make it better? [spoiler]Moderator edit: This thread has been updated with tags that are more appropriate. Feel free to private message the moderator who moved your post, link to topic, for further clarification about why this topic was moved.[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• I left the game because it felt pointless and unrewarding. There were no motivation to do anything except on Tuesday (maybe Wednesday too). Has this changed? Do you still have to wait a week to get higher PL gear piece from the (idr the name) power engrams (?) Or can you grind PL by playing and getting drops?

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by EXALTEDoreo: 7/8/2019 8:05:02 PM
    I’d say it’s overall pretty solid. Would love to see pvp get a bit of love though. We haven’t had a sandbox update in ages.

Posting in language:

• Currently? No, it’s in an okay spot Release? Yes, terrible

Posting in language:

2 Replies
    • Remove the grind

Posting in language:

• Bad? No. But it still has [i]lots[/i] of room for improvement.

Posting in language:

• Name 5 console games to have over a million population after 2 years... Answer, no.. It's not a bad game, just full of babies who are 90%of the gaming population demanding for more all the time..

Posting in language:

• Edited by Organic Machine: 7/10/2019 1:42:29 AM
      Can be fun but it’s also EXTREMELY rigid. Like nearly suffocatingly so. And it just gets bogged down to a point in which it starts to feel like work or chores for several reasons. I feel like I always login to the game with the mentality “What do I HAVE to do today?” instead of the mentality “What do I WANT to do today?” And spare me the “you don’t have to do anything, you’re not being forced” routine. You know exactly what I mean when I say that. They dictate our loadouts WAY too much. They do it for the sake of quests, bounties, triumphs, upgrades, resources, other pursuits. Here’s this looter shooter where you make a custom character with the abilities you like the best and can get the best loot for how you play. Now use this weapon for this, get these kills with this for that, use this element for this, get these ability kills for that, get these kills in this activity....... and it’s coupled with nearly all of the rewards that are worth anything being very activity specific and spread across the entire game which consists of VERY different types of activities for which there are NO alternative paths of progression/acquisition, and a progression system that reaches a point in which it attempts to force feed the entire experience on everyone. You’d think a game that requires grinding of the same activities for extended periods of time would make at least some attempt to add variance to the activities, or rely more on the randomness that can exist in open world areas, but they don’t. The best we get is some strikes may have a different enemy faction in a certain area. I wish they’d lean on the open areas more for replay value. Make them bigger, make more things happen, make rare things occasionally happen that requires large numbers. The type of thing that players WILL gravitate to because the rewards will be worth it. Instead nearly everything is a closed fireteam activity and some don’t even have matchmaking either arbitrarily so or because they have convoluted mechanics. I do enjoy the game but there’s nearly ALWAYS this nagging thing in the back of my mind of what this game COULD be. I hate to see such a cool universe squandered on a rigid and impractical game model.

Posting in language:

• PvE is alright PvP is an imbalanced mess, it's terrible

Posting in language:

• I don’t think it’s bad, but can be improved, bungie seems to be fixing majority of problems with shadowkeep, bringing cross save, and are now in control of what comes next, hopefully there will be less posts about how bad comp is cuz really I’ve been seein posts like these since curse of Osiris lol, I believe it’ll be better

Posting in language:

• Its dressed up well but it’s a lemon. Remember kids, everything that glitters isn’t gold

Posting in language:

5 Replies
      • Before people tell me to make my own game. Or buy Bungie and fire everyone to hire new people and real games with fresh ideas. I'm going to tell you a little something. I do find the game fun in every dlc release but it only last 2 days. I think the boring and punishing grind kills d2 the most. Not to mention the lack of fun weapons and instabilities of supers and weapons.

Posting in language:

• It’s stagnant it’s not moving backwards but not really going anywhere either For instance menagerie is great something new and gives you goals to achieve But the rewards are nothing new just old armour and guns with jewels or old armour and weapons with different perks Shadow keep and I know not too much is known but from what I can gather it’s d1 moon stages with d1 bosses Eververse is taking priority over new content but some stuff is actually ok so half half there Biggest gripe is that d2 hasn’t got its own identity whether you were for or against the sequel we got it and it just seems like bungie want to just make it destiny 1.5 We have sooo much potential for new areas new armour new weapons And we constantly get reskinned recycling Two steps forward two steps back

Posting in language:

• I want to play d2 on PC. I'm tired of playing it on console.

Posting in language:

• No. Just needs a few improvements in the long run this game is good

Posting in language:

• I don’t think it’s ever been bad. Until Warmind it definitely didn’t have the replay ability of D1 but since then it’s just been getting better and better. Forsaken brought about the best incarnation of any Destiny for me and although the season pass was a bit inconsistent, I think it’s good value for money, a good model for the game and it finished strongly. Looking forward to Shadowkeep and Bungie’s emphasis on more RPG mechanics. In terms of what could be done better: PvP needs some attention. I think weapon balance and general class balance is decent but roaming supers need less armour and bottom tree striker needs adjusting. More maps and a true end game PvP mode - whether that is a reinvention of Comp, Trials or both. PvE has been satisfying for me but the Forges and Reckoning don’t seem to have the same ‘pull’ as other activities, I hope next year’s season pass introduces things that you want to play again and again. Finally, keeping activities relevant such as Escalation Protocol would add so much depth to the end game for little investment - just updating the weapons to year 2 and increasing difficulty would be enough for me but new bosses, weapons and armour could be an option too.

Posting in language:

• At current, it probably has about as much content as year three D1, and is a much better game, but at current, the price you have to pay to get it to that point is much too high. It'll certainly be much better come this September when the base game and the bad expansions go FTP, but honestly, just wait for the "D2 Collection" edition like D1.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Bad? No. Terrible? Yes.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
          • Yes it is.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • Bad game? Well, great graphics, soundtrack and Gunplay. I’ll give it that. So therefore, can’t call it a “bad” game. Does it still have a load of annoying aspects that are very limiting and waste your time?,.....yes, absolutely. This game had/has the potential to be twice if not three times better than it is. That alone is unnecessarily irritating.

Posting in language:

• My only quarrel with bungie is that they are putting game changing weapons in the hands of exceptional people to stomp all over normal people. Elitism has always been bungies worst trait. Other than that the games awesome.

Posting in language:

• I wouldn't say bad, I'd say annoying af! I love playing PvP, but it's beyond annoying getting constantly thrown into ongoing matches and you get killed off respawn. Honestly... Everything with crucible is absolutely shit and even though they said they would say how they will be "fixing" the problems, we all know that won't happen. PvE is fun, but RNG hates my guts so I can't really give good feedback

Posting in language:

• The game has issues but it’s still the best multiplayer game on the market right now. I think D2 surpassed D1 shortly after Forsaken released.

Posting in language:

• You know what, I am cool with this, so why not. Ok, I have never truly thought Destiny was a bad game. The landscape took my breath away. I loved the way the actual weapons fired through the controller, it was like second nature to me. I loved the dead ghost hunt and finding the Easter Eggs. I loved the Crota Raid, the strikes and the Nightfalls. I loved just zoomin around on my sparrow. This is what I did not like, praying to RNGesus. Why the hell did I get 4-5 Gjallarhorn rocket launcher when my one or 2 friends never got it and why was this carried over into D2. I hate, absolutely hate being forced into game modes I do not want to play in and having those modes effect the other parts of the game. Some people do not want to play PvP, just as some people do not want to play PvE or PvG. Yet every weapon quest requires you to go into each of these. Why? If I am a PvP'er, why do I need a PvE'er gun load out? Well, if makes sure that there are people playing.....there already are and there are people that will get earn the same gun through PvP for PvP rolls, PvG for Gambit rolls and PvE for add control rolls and to say, "Look Ma, I got it!” I hate that I can not explore this huge beautiful "open" world. I hate that I can't build the armour set I want with the shader I want. I hate that I take the time to get good with certain guns, then someone decides they are cool and then Bungie decides they are too good and makes them worthless because too many folks are using them. Well I am good at driving too, do you see anyone taking my truck away? No. I hate that the story is not in the game and it feels incomplete and I have to go to the Lore guys to learn anything deeper. I hate that my "space magic" is worthless. I hate that I got good with my throwing knife and some whiny baby cried that they were OHK from a knife to the [i]head[/i] and it got nerfed. I hate that someone cried about grenades being OHK and they got nerfed. Really? Do you think you are going to survive a space magic grenade? I hate that this game, which was a joy and an escape for me to play, became a job for me to be able to play, I mean work. I got off work and had to go to work at Destiny 2 so I could get that final pair of boots to be at a certain power level, oh wait, I got my 4th chest plate........ Overall, I am tired of loving this game and feeling like the developers do not care about that. I am tired of just getting kicked in the balls every time I get my hopes up and lying to myself that the game is good, when it is very, very flawed.

Posting in language:

16 Replies
              • If they bring back factions thatd be cool, buff jotun and move it to heavy, throw lord of wolves in the trash, and move any small grenade launcher to energy slot and limit it to 2 rounds for pvp. Then make crucible selectable game modes so we arent tied to control all the time

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • They could improve it a lot by removing countdown, bringing back shaxx weapon bounties, and arms day. Just saying. Those were what kept me playing destiny 1 when there was no new content.

Posting in language:

• It's gotten better. I'm enjoying where it's at overall. The playerbase is building back up, there's stuff to grind (some meaningful, some meh). D2 started out bad. Wasted a lot of potential and detailed it's own hype train. Followed by the worst character bastardization ever. Warmind showed they still had the potential to do something. Foresaken really turned things around. Yeah, Joker's Wild wasn't popular (I liked it), but overall the added content has helped expand the game. I just hope Shadowkeep keeps the game trending upward now that Bungie is unchained.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  You are not allowed to view this content.
                  ;
                  preload icon
                  preload icon
                  preload icon