JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by gauntthesoviet: 7/1/2019 3:11:31 PM

PINNACLE QUESTS ARE A PROBLEM

As someone who works full time, but has been trying to work towards pinnacles like the Recluse, it is painfully obvious that Destiny is currently in a terrible place for those that cannot devote ALL of their time to the game. Yeah, let me roll into comp where I’m greeted by endless stacks of Luna/NF/Recluse and mountaintop to try and get those weapons. If pinnacle weapons are generally only earned through quests that are not guaranteed through inevitable time-based progression, only the best players with the most time available to play will have the best weapons. I understand entirely that pinnacle weapons should be very difficult to earn. But there is a large difference between being very difficult and nearly impossible when anything I can bring to the table weapon-wise cannot compete with the current pinnacle weapon-based meta that we’re experiencing in PvP (and even PvE, as several weapons like mountaintop and recluse are dominating that field as well). The Revoker quest was a breath of fresh air for people like me who love this game but cannot devote every waking hour to it. I had a defined, clear objective that I wouldn’t lose progress on, but would take a good amount of time to accomplish. If Bungie wants pinnacles to be difficult, have me earn 5000 glory for it. I don’t care how much. Have me earn 10000 even. But if the best of the best players are the only ones that have access to the best weapons we will continue to experience a game that isn’t as enjoyable as it should be for those like myself who have lives/jobs/responsibilities and get steamrolled every time we play. Either design pinnacle weapons for the crucible whose perks are not helpful in PvE or design the quests better so that even if it takes me until next year to complete it, it is an inevitable progression towards the goal. It alienates large portions (I would venture to say the large majority) of the destiny population to have pinnacle quests the way that they are and IMO is honestly disrespectful to the amount of time and care that I and so many others have put into this world and this game. Make people work for things, but don’t actively punish people who can’t invest as much time as they want in the game.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon