JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by BearedLegend: 6/24/2019 3:21:23 PM

You all seriously need to figure out this matchmaking shit

I'm sure we are all tired of getting paired against 6 stacks with 6 solo players and turns out 5 of those solo players cant even fight their way out of a wet paper bag, let alone capture zones in iron banner. Edit 1: I have concluded that Iron Banner is the worst game mode to ever be implemented into this game. If you arent max level you are -blam!-ed. Edit 2: CAPTURE -blam!-ING ZONES IN IRON BANNER ITS CONTROL NOT CLASH
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• they really dropped the ball in adding new weapons in iron banner in d1 it always changed

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Control is clash.... The optimal way to play clash is to control the map, and keep the enemy team stuck in one spawn while you dump supers on them. The optimal way to play control is the same as above except you need to step on a zone for 10 seconds first. Too many people play control like it’s called “capture”. The objective is to CONTROL 2 zones. Not sprint back and forth capturing every empty zone you see causing an endless spawn flip.... Generally speaking the “play the objective” crowd tends to be the latter, complaining about people playing it like clash. While they themselves are screwing the game up

Posting in language:

2 Replies
    • I agree. i have never been above 1200 glory and some how im always placed against people with crucible pinnacle weapons. how the f does that work? I know im not good but damn why make me cannon fodder instead of placing me with other players of my lvl?

Posting in language:

10 Replies
      • I love loading into short stacks during an opponent's aggressive super push while on a power play. Love it!!!

Posting in language:

• Lmao, Bungie needs to remove their blatant SBMM and then the game modes would be fixed....

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Edited by Jorah Mormont: 6/26/2019 9:35:06 AM
          I agree. I did all 3 characters and it SUCKED. But hey, I got the armor for all 3.

Posting in language:

• Edited by taedee2014: 6/26/2019 9:25:31 AM
          Until there is a cool down period for farming the pinnacle sniper rifle.... Unfortunately there's going to be a lot of camping. I literally had to capture zones myself during IB because everyone else had snipers sitting in corners.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • I love how the pve side wants matchmaking for everything and the pvp side has it, but it's crap. This is why we don't have it for raids.

Posting in language:

• It was the thing that brought me back in D1 despite all the problems. Now I haven't played any IB for two seasons. And nobody needs the loot anyway.

Posting in language:

• I just want the spawn system to be better 😕

Posting in language:

• [quote]I'm sure we are all tired of getting paired against 6 stacks with 6 solo players and turns out 5 of those solo players cant even fight their way out of a wet paper bag, let alone capture zones in iron banner. Edit 1: I have concluded that Iron Banner is the worst game mode to ever be implemented into this game. If you arent max level you are -blam!-ed. Edit 2: CAPTURE -blam!-ING ZONES IN IRON BANNER ITS CONTROL NOT CLASH[/quote] "Its not fair people have friends and i dont" qq more

Posting in language:

Never mind Iron Banner, Quickplay is also just as bad if not worse. I mainly play solo, and last night I lost 5 games in a row thanks to imbalanced teams. Most of the time we lost where the enemy team almost doubled our score. I was about to lose a sixth but backed out because I wasn't having fun (the score was 30-70 when I left.) It's way worse in Control than in Clash. The enemy team holds zone advantage the whole game and you get stomped. As a solo player there's basically nothing you can do to stop it. Clash is similar with Power Ammo. One team will horde heavy the whole game. Quickplay matchmaking is just a lottery to see which team gets the most ringers. At least in D1 I could choose whether I wanted to play Clash or Control so I could reduce the chances of getting stomped by avoiding objective based modes entirely.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • There is no incentive to capture zones outside of one easy and fast bounty and there is no incentive to win when it's the difference of 2 tokens. I will never understand how you people don't get that this mode is not structured for winning to matter so stop getting upset. The quest alone should tip you off that it will be a bunch of people who are looking to complete those steps verses caping zones or winning. -blam!- caping zones, I need grenade kills. If you want winning to matter, go play Comp. IB is not and will not ever be real endgame. It's just another -blam!- around mode that comes for a week and then done. The quest doesn't require winning and neither does the loot pool you are drawing from. I don't understand why it matters if people are just doing whatever they want in it's current form because the only two things that actually matter are completing the quest for armor and turning in tokens for the GL.

Posting in language:

14 Replies
              • Yea it’s the trials of full team guardians. That’s the point, either strong or skilled.

Posting in language:

• Well if a huge part of the Iron Banner quest wasn't to kill enemies with specific weapons/abilities where the less zones you have the more kills you need to win, people just might capture zones.

Posting in language:

• Solo Playlist: Control, Clash, Rift and Zone Control - For when 12 players have good connection to each other. Then the system automatically balances the teams so the overall average K/D on each team is similar (many games already do this successfully) If the system can't find enough players with good connections to each other, put 6 players into a 3v3 Elimination or Rumble. PvP fixed.

Posting in language:

• I got my Luna's and recluse last season solo. Just got Revoker last night solo, and yes, while its remarkably easier to get than previous pinnacles, I'm still never setting foot in comp again until sbmm is introduced to comp. I don't mind going up against 4 stacks, but when those 4 stacks are made up of highly skilled players and my team is made up of potatoes then -blam!- that. Also, my experience of solo queuing for Revoker has shown me that the no loss penalty is a mistake, there's nothing to dissuade people from leaving the game if things aren't going there way. Too many times in the last few weeks we'll go a few rounds down and all of a sudden there's only 2 or 3 players left on my team

Posting in language:

• I definitely agree with your first point. Bungie needs to change matchmaking to force full teams to wait in matchmaking to find other full teams...basically the trade-off of stacking: you play against another full team and if you have to wait longer in que, too bad, you chose to stack. But your Edit 1 is totally wrong, like literally the most idiotic thing Ive ever heard. Iron banner is ACTUALLY the ONLY power enabled PvP playlist and has been ever since D1 Y1. Like, my mind cannot take this; the whole point of is to show of your strength and power (power / light level). That is like saying the raid is the worst thing ever because if youre not high enough light level, you are screwed, like literally WTF OP??? Have you lost your mind!?

Posting in language:

• I've never understood people's inability to capture zones... Literally, you run back and forth between the zones capturing them and shooting people. How do you mess that up?

Posting in language:

• I got tossed in the middle of a blowout game. We lost. Then the notice came up to break up the teams. Ok. Waiting. I get tossed in the middle of another blowout game. We lost. GG Bungie

Posting in language:

9 Replies
                • One thing I notice when facing a stack team, half of them is lagging, which makes them even more difficult to beat.

Posting in language:

• You have understand that this is done in purpose to make the all the Whinny little Pub stomping sweaty elitist and their clans happy. If they did not have a consistent source of bunkum to drool over then what would they do.

Posting in language:

• If you see a guardian using a GL, let them kill you. It helps them out and helps the game out. They are most likely working on their mountain top quest which is stupid and shouldn’t even be in the game. Who ever designed this quest needs to be fired, punched, and hung by their right arm until they realize the gravity of their choices. Aka let the poor people grinding for this quest get it done and do everyone a favor

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                  • D2 tracker has ELO and predicted match winners that are correct 90% of the time. Why can't Bungie match the teams evenly? I had like 10 games in a row that were mercies (Back and forth, I won some but still stupid.)

Posting in language:

• It is clash with zones added to multiply the points for a kill. You can win without capturing a single zone.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • *gets farmed by 6-stack because blueberries want to shoot clouds. "We're breaking up those teams"... *matches against another 6-stack next game. This was my experience. Luckily I was able to back out of most matches before they began.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                      You are not allowed to view this content.
                      ;
                      preload icon
                      preload icon
                      preload icon