JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
6/20/2019 2:48:22 PM

Here's the bottom line on Iron Banner

Here is the bottom line for Iron Banner. At over 2500 hours logged into Destiny 2, it is safe to say that I am not a casual player. However, the grind for iron Banner is very tedious and time-intensive, even with a dedicated team. I want to do iron Banner because I enjoy playing Iron Banner and I don't mind working towards objectives even if it eats up most of my weekend. However, this grind for this particular iron Banner is in my opinion over the top. I want Bungie to respect my time as a player. I would love to play Iron Banner for fun instead of doing objectives where I'm forced to use different types of guns that I don't particularly like to run around with such as auto rifles and Scout rifles and other dumb weapons. I really have lost interest in Iron Banner for the first time in Destiny 1 and Destiny 2. Why would I want to go and grind for armor that is going to come with random rolls and I'll be lucky if I get two or three drops by the time I get done with this ridiculous Quest on one character and never probably finish it on the other two characters when I can spend my time in a more substantial way inside the Menagerie getting multiple sets to drop on exactly the type of armor that I want and have a better chance of getting the types of roles that I want on that armor? This, by the way, is exactly what is wrong with the Reckoning. I have no desire at all to go back into the Reckoning for any reason. Get together a fire team and hope that you clear the objective and get a chance to get a piece of armor that has a chance of getting the item that you want. I'm just done with it. I'm not a hardcore gaming YouTuber. But I am a hardcore gamer when it comes to Destiny. And even this is too much for me.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

View Entire Topic
  • This grind is insane and the very definition of forcing players to do what they don't want to do and a lot of it really highlights the failings of the game and PvP. Let's start with the brick wall I smashed my face into for hours today, grenades. They suck in PvP and they always have. Especially when you mix in level advantage. If people can go around one shot meleeing each other maybe rethink the fact that it takes 2-3 pulses from most grenades to kill people. Not to mention a lot of grenades are downright useless. Most players are lucky if they get two grenade kills a game so asking for 100+ grenade kills is, well, It's sadistic. Especially considering grenades are on a timer so if the enemy survives, you miss, or someone takes the kill then you're shit out of luck for a couple minutes before you can even try again. Then we get to the part of the quest where you have to get kills in PvP with weapons you don't like (no one likes) because they generally aren't made to be used in PvP, aren't efficient, or likely suck because they've been nerfed seventeen times... gee what fun. Everyone loves playing matches against higher level opponents while using a weapon they don't like or know how to use! What a splendid idea! Then after that, and I actually haven't got to this step yet because IB (a mode I usually enjoy) was making me feel sick so I stopped playing, we have to win. I'm assuming a lot. Should be super easy and fun considering the state of matchmaking. And after everything you expect players to do it again on other characters? Hard. -blam!-ing. Pass.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

4 Replies
    1 2
    You are not allowed to view this content.
    ;
    preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon