JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
6/20/2019 2:48:22 PM

Here's the bottom line on Iron Banner

Here is the bottom line for Iron Banner. At over 2500 hours logged into Destiny 2, it is safe to say that I am not a casual player. However, the grind for iron Banner is very tedious and time-intensive, even with a dedicated team. I want to do iron Banner because I enjoy playing Iron Banner and I don't mind working towards objectives even if it eats up most of my weekend. However, this grind for this particular iron Banner is in my opinion over the top. I want Bungie to respect my time as a player. I would love to play Iron Banner for fun instead of doing objectives where I'm forced to use different types of guns that I don't particularly like to run around with such as auto rifles and Scout rifles and other dumb weapons. I really have lost interest in Iron Banner for the first time in Destiny 1 and Destiny 2. Why would I want to go and grind for armor that is going to come with random rolls and I'll be lucky if I get two or three drops by the time I get done with this ridiculous Quest on one character and never probably finish it on the other two characters when I can spend my time in a more substantial way inside the Menagerie getting multiple sets to drop on exactly the type of armor that I want and have a better chance of getting the types of roles that I want on that armor? This, by the way, is exactly what is wrong with the Reckoning. I have no desire at all to go back into the Reckoning for any reason. Get together a fire team and hope that you clear the objective and get a chance to get a piece of armor that has a chance of getting the item that you want. I'm just done with it. I'm not a hardcore gaming YouTuber. But I am a hardcore gamer when it comes to Destiny. And even this is too much for me.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I think the quest is only supposed to be complete by the hardcores, when they pace themselves. It's no doubt that this quest will take all week if you grind non stop, and the season if you don't. It's not supposed to be completed day 1 and generally adds something to people who love iron banner to do outside the powerful bounties

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• This quest wasn’t intended to be done in 1 week. It’s for the entire season but it’s still tedious and a headache thinking about it.

Posting in language:

• Fourth step is a bit tricky. I have to get weapons infused that can compete. Hopefully the quest will be around for next Iron Banner.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
    • My problem with Iron banana is.....the armor is just has a different shader from past seasons. I am not interested in wasting my time on armor and guns i already have.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
      • You don’t even have to get it all done in one IB. I don’t see the issue.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • This quest isn't meant to be done in 1 week bruh its supposed to last all season

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Wow. Talk about run on sentences. That was an eyesore to read.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • I play the game all the time. I play Iron Banner all the time. I always took all 3 characters to rank five in D1 and when I saw how this quest was designed I decided well there just won't be much Iron Banner played this season. Only way to speak to Bungie. They hear numbers. Nothing else matters.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • [quote]Here is the bottom line for Iron Banner. At over 2500 hours logged into Destiny 2, it is safe to say that I am not a casual player. However, the grind for iron Banner is very tedious and time-intensive, even with a dedicated team. I want to do iron Banner because I enjoy playing Iron Banner and I don't mind working towards objectives even if it eats up most of my weekend. However, this grind for this particular iron Banner is in my opinion over the top. I want Bungie to respect my time as a player. I would love to play Iron Banner for fun instead of doing objectives where I'm forced to use different types of guns that I don't particularly like to run around with such as auto rifles and Scout rifles and other dumb weapons. I really have lost interest in Iron Banner for the first time in Destiny 1 and Destiny 2. Why would I want to go and grind for armor that is going to come with random rolls and I'll be lucky if I get two or three drops by the time I get done with this ridiculous Quest on one character and never probably finish it on the other two characters when I can spend my time in a more substantial way inside the Menagerie getting multiple sets to drop on exactly the type of armor that I want and have a better chance of getting the types of roles that I want on that armor? This, by the way, is exactly what is wrong with the Reckoning. I have no desire at all to go back into the Reckoning for any reason. Get together a fire team and hope that you clear the objective and get a chance to get a piece of armor that has a chance of getting the item that you want. I'm just done with it. I'm not a hardcore gaming YouTuber. But I am a hardcore gamer when it comes to Destiny. And even this is too much for me.[/quote] I so agree with your statement. I am at step 5, only because I want the ornaments available to me, but after doing this quest, I dont know if I want to run IB the rest of the week and on 2 more characters. This quest needed a bigger payoff and there isnt one.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                • Edited by Dredgen Ignatius: 6/20/2019 7:24:39 PM
                  They did this on purpose. The same people that cried for a meta change this was the dumb result. Bungie didn't change the meta but now they are just forcing you to use garbage. I'm all fine with this except the same people complaining about the bounties being too hard or impossible even are the same ones that cried for nerfs and dont like being told to play.oof for bungie and double oof for the community.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                  • They had it right in D1 with how obtaining armor and weapons worker but they turned Iron Banner into a shit show with how you obtain gear. Plus they are re-using season 3 gear and not allowing ornaments to be unlocked which seems lazy to me. They want us to spend a ridiculous amount of time playing but don’t put much time into making the rewards worth our time. It should work both ways Bungie.

Posting in language:

• Well, I'm a dedicated casual player and I think IB is just fine. This IB, I will concentrate on my hunter. Next IB will be for my Titan. And so on.

Posting in language:

• Can we still get the iron banner ornaments?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • Edited by jogboy: 6/21/2019 1:56:12 AM
                      "I want to play IB for fun," but "I want the loot associated with IB's quests without doing said quests." Strange, it sounds like you're not actually interested in playing IB for fun?

Posting in language:

10 Replies
                      • Edited by Verke0: 6/21/2019 12:34:35 AM
                        Same here, this is faction rallies borefest all over again. Count me out.

Posting in language:

• I have already dome all the grind for that armour and ornaments, yet I have yo do it again??

Posting in language:

• Same, love the Banner, but this is ridiculous. Hours upon hours for one activity and for armor we’ve had before.

Posting in language:

• I like the quest...jus tone it down a lil...cut 1/2 the current requirements on each quest n I'd be good with it

Posting in language:

• Hmm...not gonna lie, about 90% of this sounds like a You problem

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                        • Only cared for swarm of the raven having spike nades, call me once Orimund's Anvil is back in the loot pool

Posting in language:

• And the rng is so bad. I used all of my tokens yesterday (after completing the quest) and only got arms, rockets, and legs.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                          • The real bottom line is players + time!!! All I notice is the time spent to acquire weapons and armor. Which makes the numbers look good for "bragging" in order to appease investors and the like. How many times have you heard so many people log in daily and spend so much time on said game. Well I see it alot in articles trying to help boast said game. Fortnite did it alot til Apex came out. Nothing will ever change with companies until consumers make them change. It has always has been about the numbers.

Posting in language:

• I'd like a rank system with points earned by capturing zones, kills and medals acquired. With some exclusive loot only earned at higher ranks. And rewards based on the rank you had at season reset. Of course still allow tokens to be earned and cashed In for gear from salad head himself. This would make elitists and casuals happy. Or at least happier than we've been up to this point.

Posting in language:

• At the VERY least it should have added more lore or dialogue with Saladin. A quest with no real feeling of adventure isn't really a quest if there's no meaning behind it, imo.

Posting in language:

• Dude, this quest isn’t for you. This quest is for streamers, which is playing 10 hour a day, to say their audience to play iron banner this week cuz quest is awesome. And this works i guess. I heard many morons on this forum that asked to add more strikes and grind instead of new gameplay activities. I think Destiny became a game for streamers and stupid losers without live. Healthy ppl left that game long time ago i suppose.

Posting in language:

9 Replies
                            • I haven’t played IB since October

Posting in language:

3 4 5 6 7 8 9
                            You are not allowed to view this content.
                            ;
                            preload icon
                            preload icon
                            preload icon