JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
6/20/2019 2:48:22 PM

Here's the bottom line on Iron Banner

Here is the bottom line for Iron Banner. At over 2500 hours logged into Destiny 2, it is safe to say that I am not a casual player. However, the grind for iron Banner is very tedious and time-intensive, even with a dedicated team. I want to do iron Banner because I enjoy playing Iron Banner and I don't mind working towards objectives even if it eats up most of my weekend. However, this grind for this particular iron Banner is in my opinion over the top. I want Bungie to respect my time as a player. I would love to play Iron Banner for fun instead of doing objectives where I'm forced to use different types of guns that I don't particularly like to run around with such as auto rifles and Scout rifles and other dumb weapons. I really have lost interest in Iron Banner for the first time in Destiny 1 and Destiny 2. Why would I want to go and grind for armor that is going to come with random rolls and I'll be lucky if I get two or three drops by the time I get done with this ridiculous Quest on one character and never probably finish it on the other two characters when I can spend my time in a more substantial way inside the Menagerie getting multiple sets to drop on exactly the type of armor that I want and have a better chance of getting the types of roles that I want on that armor? This, by the way, is exactly what is wrong with the Reckoning. I have no desire at all to go back into the Reckoning for any reason. Get together a fire team and hope that you clear the objective and get a chance to get a piece of armor that has a chance of getting the item that you want. I'm just done with it. I'm not a hardcore gaming YouTuber. But I am a hardcore gamer when it comes to Destiny. And even this is too much for me.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I never liked IB in D2. Suffice to say I didn't even ranked over level 4 with Saladin.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• When they announced it i thought these armor quests would replace Saladin normal bounties, which would have been fine, but nope, they decided to make a chain instead. If you could work towards all the goals at the same time and/or it had account wide progression, it might not have been such a pain in the ass, but this is just way over the top

Posting in language:

• Iron Banner [b] [/b] [b] [/b] [b] [/b] [b] [/b] [b] [/b] [b] [/b] [b] [/b] [b] [/b] [b] [/b] [b] [/b] [b] [/b] [b] [/b] [b] [/b] [b] [/b] _____________________________

Posting in language:

• 61 matches and about 2 days of grinding. I got my hunter set. I think it is 1 set per iron banner. The shader is nice at least- and the benefit to this is we can use tokens to get good weapons. I wish instead of armor from the quests- it was the ornaments.

Posting in language:

• This....and I wish folks would use weapons that counted toward step 4 : Scouts, autos, fusions, snipes, and swords. All the hand cannons, subs, and pulse rifles mean zip. It would move it along👍

Posting in language:

• 83 matches, about 12 hours grinding and I've completed it. I'm a average pvper, it can be done obviously. Keep pulling that trigger.

Posting in language:

30 Replies
    • Edited by Dramatic Shot: 6/20/2019 9:07:17 PM
      agreed. finished the quest and on reflection was just a slog most of the way through. if the objectives could be completed all at the same time, giving a different armour piece each, would have been much more manageable. as it is, can't recommend for others to attempt

Posting in language:

• You have the whole season to complete the quest. Its fine how it is.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
        This is a good post to be fair, upvoted.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • I didn't like this question either until I realized when it says "As a team, do x, y, and z" that you also get partial credit for what a somewhat nearby teammate does. I noticed this when I got to the weapon kills. I planned on doing the sniping portion last due to sucking with a sniper in crucible and I had 50% before I ever touched my sniper. Im6pretty sure this works on all aspects of the "as a team" quests since I did notice that sometimes I had progressed more at times when landing a melee, grenade, and/or super kill than I did other times but it didn't register in my brain until I had 50% sniper completed before I ever used one. This gives full fireteams a huge advantage since they can equip and pair up people accordingly so every gets at least some progress no matter what they are using. When I do this on my hunter and warlock I will for sure be following a titan around for the melee kill portion, especially if it is a striker with skullfort. A full team can get The last quest "headstrong" done alot faster if they are smart and don't get overly greedy with capturing. I've played 3 matches since getting to that step and the 1st match was a loss and the next 2 were wins and I'm at 34%. I actually fired up the feedback section on n because I thought it was bugged after my 2nd win because it was only showing 6% so I left matchmaking to come to the forum. Then while typing it changed to 34%. As far as the rolls you get on an item goes that is a pretty moot point since in September it isnt going to matter anyway accept for maybe weapons since i haven't seen anything that say they are changing. As much as it would be nice for the quest to be account wide like the new pinnacle quests I kind of like that it isn't. It let's me get the quests completed on the 2 I care about the most, stock up on tokens, and then turn them in on the 3rd that doesn't have armor in the pool yet for token turn ins due to not having completed any of the quests giving me an extremely higher chance at specific rolls for weapons since I cant get armor on it yet.

Posting in language:

• Tbh in terms of loot This might be the best iron banner. Considering I'm only getting weapons, and the loot pool hasn't been diluted by crappy armor. I can solely focus on grinding for the perfect rolls on iron banner weapons.. Then if I want I can do the quest and get the armor later in the season

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Well the quest is meant to be completed throughout the season, not in one week.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
            • Good, the weak dont deserve to see the finish line

Posting in language:

10 Replies
              • The quest from what I heard yesterday lasts all season. If that's true, you don't have to finish it this week. But, I do agree it is a dumb idea. They should have left it the way it was with the 6 bounties and just made the quest for a pinnacle weapon. I heard you get the SG or RL with a curated roll when you finish the quest but not certain. I'm also peeved that some of the bounties, which are time consuming too, only give a power reward of just +1 more than your PL. IB so far this season is a disappointment.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • The first two steps I believe are okay, it’s when you get to the super, melee, and grenade step is when it’s gets time consuming. I just got to the 4th step, but I’m assuming I’m going to be doing a lot of grinding. I do wish they cut it back to 1/3 of the kills you need. This is simply because we have three characters.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • Iron banner is one thing but the control game mode tied to it is another. Control brings out the idiots who can’t follow simple objectives.

Posting in language:

• I WISH THE MATCHMAKING FOR QUICKPLAY WAS THE SAME AS IRON BANNER.

Posting in language:

• It’s a seasonal reward. I can’t say if the rewards are worth it...... But. It’s something to play for (and now I have hit 750 / beaten crown) is something to grind for.

Posting in language:

• Quest is ridiculous as is the matchmaking and lag.

Posting in language:

• I can concur with this. I really hope that if bungie is going to do this to us, then they need to make Iron Banner a perma event for the rest of the season. I am a pretty hardcore player myself, putting in roughly 4-5 hours a day and maybe 6-10 every now and then when I'm not working. The drops for this IB armor after the quest should have been masterworked gear with special IB perks and rolls. The quest thing is garbage right now as I just don't have the time, and the armor dropping from the bounties made me actually give a rip about those bounties. Now it's just to level up my character and the tokens are just for legendary marks and masterwork cores. I mean having the gear unlocked, and then grinding out IB for those tokens so that I can purchase IB engrams for those random rolls and hopefully get a decent roll... now it's behind a grind wall that if I don't make $100,000 plus net income and have a huge business that basically runs it's self to the point where I can invest 12 hours a day doing nothing but play Destiny... I am not getting this gear. Sorry but not all of us make hand over fist with money that we can afford to spend all our time grinding this thing out through these quests. I'm still at the second step (Scrub I know, but I was working in a professional restaurant full time Tuesday and Wednesday and I finally got a day off tomorrow so today is the day I got to sit down to invest time into IB). I know you guys want to go down the RPG route and I support RPG elements full bore... but I think this is a poor way of doing it and robs your player base of it's time. Either pay off my Student Debts and pay for me to live, or make this so that we can get and attain the armor and whatnot. Again not all of us can afford this.

Posting in language:

• Don't solo make a team ran into a full stacked clan left that game got matched 4v4 the other team had 3 ppl in a clan while my team had two. Best bet is to lfg if you solo you gonna regret it.

Posting in language:

• NotMyFaultSolo You make some valid points and i agree that eververse must be removed from this game but, Whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars. So let's get to taking out their command, one by one. Valus Ta'aurc. From what I can gather, he commands the Siege Dancers from an Imperial Land Tank just outside of Rubicon. He's well protected, but with the right team, we can punch through those defenses, take this beast out, and break their grip on Freehold

Posting in language:

• I don’t care about anything but the matchmaking...and it’s pure bullbungie! They’re never going to fix this shit, because it’s obvious that they don’t know how to. Raid matchmaking? F that...at least until a reasonable number of players learn what the GIANT A, B, and C represents in PvP Control. It’s just frustrating watching teammates consistently making it almost impossible to win from one game to the next.

Posting in language:

• I mean I got the third step that everyone has been whined about done and pretty much halfway through step four in one four hour session. Not saying it’s easy as piss, but you need to spec for what you’re trying to do and take your time. Don’t throw a nade when you might not get the kill. Just my two cents. That last step though is going to be annoying as hell.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • Bungie really should do something about the steps cos its to tedious for the casual players who want the armor i rather liked the previous way you got the ib armor way better the this -blam!-ing way

Posting in language:

• I think the quest is only supposed to be complete by the hardcores, when they pace themselves. It's no doubt that this quest will take all week if you grind non stop, and the season if you don't. It's not supposed to be completed day 1 and generally adds something to people who love iron banner to do outside the powerful bounties

Posting in language:

2 3 4 5 6 7 8
                    You are not allowed to view this content.
                    ;
                    preload icon
                    preload icon
                    preload icon