JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
6/20/2019 2:48:22 PM

Here's the bottom line on Iron Banner

Here is the bottom line for Iron Banner. At over 2500 hours logged into Destiny 2, it is safe to say that I am not a casual player. However, the grind for iron Banner is very tedious and time-intensive, even with a dedicated team. I want to do iron Banner because I enjoy playing Iron Banner and I don't mind working towards objectives even if it eats up most of my weekend. However, this grind for this particular iron Banner is in my opinion over the top. I want Bungie to respect my time as a player. I would love to play Iron Banner for fun instead of doing objectives where I'm forced to use different types of guns that I don't particularly like to run around with such as auto rifles and Scout rifles and other dumb weapons. I really have lost interest in Iron Banner for the first time in Destiny 1 and Destiny 2. Why would I want to go and grind for armor that is going to come with random rolls and I'll be lucky if I get two or three drops by the time I get done with this ridiculous Quest on one character and never probably finish it on the other two characters when I can spend my time in a more substantial way inside the Menagerie getting multiple sets to drop on exactly the type of armor that I want and have a better chance of getting the types of roles that I want on that armor? This, by the way, is exactly what is wrong with the Reckoning. I have no desire at all to go back into the Reckoning for any reason. Get together a fire team and hope that you clear the objective and get a chance to get a piece of armor that has a chance of getting the item that you want. I'm just done with it. I'm not a hardcore gaming YouTuber. But I am a hardcore gamer when it comes to Destiny. And even this is too much for me.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Havent played too much due to work but managed to finish quest for my first character today. Frag part went pretty fast with skiphands and frag mod in every slot. Once again a quest that makes you adapt in given situation. Of course you might not be able to wear those very special red luckysocks you think you absolutely must wear in every situation...

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Agree that IB quest chain is super grindy. Disagree that it’s a problem. All you get is powerful armor drops as a reward for each quest step culminating into a full set of IB armor... with RNG rolls. That’s really the kicker. Both armor pieces I’ve gotten thus far were shit rolls that I’d never equip. Enhanced Bow Reloader with Scout Rifle Scavenger? Enhanced Remot Connection with Shotgun Scavenger and Primary Ammo finder? Plus a majority of the Titan armor is Mobility based so.... -blam!-ing GARBAGE. This Quest grind isn’t really anything to worry about. Play some IB the way you like and if you progress, cool. If not, WTFever. The rewards are in no way worth the grind... Now some curated armor pieces with synergized perks..? That’d be worth grinding for.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
    • The quests sucks and Bungie knew damn well what they were doing requiring those weapons to be used....but my only complaint is that it should've just been per account not per character. I didn't on my hunter I'm NOT doing it again.

Posting in language:

• This isn’t so bad. Jump on and kill stuff like an unhinged psycho. This quest line seems to be made to be completed over a whole season anyway.

Posting in language:

8 Replies
      • I agree, and add the fact cheating has become rampant in all forms of PVP. You report these people but they are still there DDOSING, lag switching, manipulating crap. It’s not fun. Last month I had to replace a router due to a ddos attack I received when playing Comp. My ISP confirmed that I was hit with a massive denial of service attack. Thankfully I had insurance on that router. Still though PVP isn’t fun when he who has the worse connection wins. :(

Posting in language:

• Bottom line on iron banner: grenade part of quest is 100% BS. Totally broken.

Posting in language:

• IB has been worse for the entirety of D2. Maybe its the matchmaking, maybe its the meta, maybe its the maps. It kind of feels like all of the above are to blame for a less than desirable IB.

Posting in language:

• Done. Got the full set and the two triumphs, on Thursday. That's also with doing dreaming city, 8 gambit matches and strikes. What's the issue? What grind? Go play the game instead of whining.

Posting in language:

18 Replies
        • Yall mustve forgotten about Warmind's Iron banner grind.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Has anyone got ANY solutions for the grenade kills?? Hunter, btw.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
            • What so many of you are failing miserably to look at is this is a seasonal quest. You guys are up in arms because its too long to accomplish it on three characters within a week. Which of course it is. By design it is. They wanted a quest that you can work on through all the Iron Banners within the season.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
              • A "seasonal" grind to earn armor that we already earned in year one but with random perks that made our year 1 armor obsolete! All so we can have the year 2 armor made obsolete again with shadowkeep! 😁😁😁😁😁😁

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • My fear is that Bungie would release this armor option on us, finally, after all this time, only to make it obsolete all over again in 3 months. Which I should add, might be how long it takes to unlock this quest line for the majority of players considering the extreme demands that weren't intended to be accomplished all in one IB. Bungie doesn't exactly have a good history when it comes to letting us keep our stuff.

Posting in language:

• To be fair, nothing about it says it needs to be done this week alone. We've got all season to do it. [b]The problem[/b] is that unless we complete it, we can't get armor. Bounties and Iron banner coins just give weapons until you progress in the quest (which is fine for some people.) Personally, I don't know why people even want the armor. It'll become obsolete in a few months, from what Bungie's been saying about the changes they're making.

Posting in language:

• It's a grind, sure, if you try and do it in a week. I imagine it was meant as something to work on throughout the entire season.

Posting in language:

• Git gud

Posting in language:

• I got to this really difficult portion of the quest.. the supers, melees and nades one.. in one match I got to 10, 15 and 10 percent. I really don't think 10 matches is to much to ask for this. Its a season long persuit not an afternoon grind session.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                  • Hated the gren kills with a hunter BUT after one hitting with duke then a flux, job done with three/four kills a match. In the end I enjoyed the whole shooting match. For those who moan about sameness/ had it before/why the grind/ armours ugly/ random rolls suck etc etc........ WHATS NEW, that’s destiny for you, love it for what it is or bugger off.

Posting in language:

Kai Ritsu
                    Kai Ritsu

Our fate begins - old

I was happy with iron banner Until they said light level is getting re enabled because as a warmind player I can’t do shit in iron banner. All those powerful gear bounties yeah well I can’t do them cause I deal 50% less damage and take 50% more. Meaning iron banner for someone without forsaken is already terrible. You die instantly You can’t get kills sometimes even your super refuses to kill someone who’s already had their shield broken. It’s toxic because every iron banner it’s like they’re teasing the people who haven’t paid for forsaken with all that powerful gear. Saying hey you want this go play iron banner and suffer or better yet pay us money to catch up so you can do them without losing brain cells. I haven’t gone into iron banner since the first one post forsaken. Which sucks because back then I used to love iron banner. It was my go to for leveling up and now I can’t even use it to level my 350 guardians up to 385.

Posting in language:

20 Replies
                    • Isn’t the armour the same as year one IB armour?

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                      • The quest to get grenade, melee, and super kills was pretty bad. Grenades aren't the easiest to get kills with, good thing I was on my warlock and had Nova Warps one-shot nade. I stopped after that. Way too long of a grind for gear that isn't too good.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                        • Sad enough that if you've gotten it year 1 you have to do the quest but if you've gotten the weapons from year 1 you'll get it in the loot pool.

Posting in language:

• I like the quest except that one where we have to get kills with certain weapons. I don't mind switching up, I do all the time to keep it interesting, but to have a quest step forcing players like u said is a little much. If that step was get kills with these types of weapons would be fine if you could choose any of those weapons not kills for each of those weapons. I thought that's what it was at first. Like I had to use any of those to progress not all of those. The rest of the quest steps are fine I think. Grenade kills could if been a little less since it's hard to get final grenade blows even with sticky

Posting in language:

• That’s a whole lot of lines for the bottom line

Posting in language:

• This is what bungie learned from those they have already grinded into the dust. They just UP the grind... That's bungie for you.

Posting in language:

• I have been lucky that it came along as it gave me an opportunity to reset my Valor again Otherwise agreed its just a slog to try and complete gear bounties when your being decimated by Jotuns and wolves 4/10 for this IB

Posting in language:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
                        You are not allowed to view this content.
                        ;
                        preload icon
                        preload icon
                        preload icon