JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
6/20/2019 2:48:22 PM

Here's the bottom line on Iron Banner

Here is the bottom line for Iron Banner. At over 2500 hours logged into Destiny 2, it is safe to say that I am not a casual player. However, the grind for iron Banner is very tedious and time-intensive, even with a dedicated team. I want to do iron Banner because I enjoy playing Iron Banner and I don't mind working towards objectives even if it eats up most of my weekend. However, this grind for this particular iron Banner is in my opinion over the top. I want Bungie to respect my time as a player. I would love to play Iron Banner for fun instead of doing objectives where I'm forced to use different types of guns that I don't particularly like to run around with such as auto rifles and Scout rifles and other dumb weapons. I really have lost interest in Iron Banner for the first time in Destiny 1 and Destiny 2. Why would I want to go and grind for armor that is going to come with random rolls and I'll be lucky if I get two or three drops by the time I get done with this ridiculous Quest on one character and never probably finish it on the other two characters when I can spend my time in a more substantial way inside the Menagerie getting multiple sets to drop on exactly the type of armor that I want and have a better chance of getting the types of roles that I want on that armor? This, by the way, is exactly what is wrong with the Reckoning. I have no desire at all to go back into the Reckoning for any reason. Get together a fire team and hope that you clear the objective and get a chance to get a piece of armor that has a chance of getting the item that you want. I'm just done with it. I'm not a hardcore gaming YouTuber. But I am a hardcore gamer when it comes to Destiny. And even this is too much for me.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I finished today as a solo. Here are my thoughts.... The grenade section was by far the most frustrating. They either need more damage, or a few more percentage for each kill towards the quest. I liked the fact it forced you to use different weapons. It mixed up the meta, so it wasn't unrelenting sweats with the same OP guns every match. I enjoyed feeling myself get better with each weapon type as time went on. 5 years later, folks still don't understand basic zone capturing strategy, or just ignore the objective completely. Rng frustration for tokens could be halved by letting you turn them in for either weapons or armor. Let us choose a category. Why can't we have a path to earn the past ornaments? Overall, I kind of enjoyed it.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Here are a couple ways Bungo can stop “bungling” Iron Banner… No more character specific quest… EVER!!! (y’all backslide on this one) Make bounties easier on your second and third character if you finish them on your main. (from D1) All endgame drops are either Iron Banner or Crucible with the small chance of a powerful drop. Put some appealing weapons in IB with “god roll” versions from the vender… same goes for gear. Switch up the game mode. At this point, I think ever Supremacy would be welcome. Side Note: If it has to remain Control, calm that fire and smoke down from the control points. People are hiding in it and once the particle effects start, you can’t see a thing.

Posting in language:

Sat down with a few of the folks who worked on S7 Iron Banner yesterday, walked through the feeback we’d been seeing here and elsewhere. 1. Quest format works for armor acquisition, but specific steps are not enjoyable- in other words, we see good feedback on how players have a direct path to earn armor, but some specific objectives are very time intensive for a single season 2. Grenades, as a “verb”, are difficult objectives to complete - this step takes a very long time compared to others 3. The quest being character scoped would feel better if the quest was easier to complete. As it stands, players are giving feedback that this feels like a quest meant to be account scoped 4. Iron Banner engram now has quite a bit of loot, making it hard to get random rolls on the things you care about What else do you like or dislike about the quest? Sound off!

Posting in language:

274 Replies
    • Overall I liked the d1 setup the best. Because although it may be nice to be able to grind for anything any given iron banner the loot pool is just too big. Have two pieces of gear and two weapons each iron banner is ideal because you grind for those items and that should be the only things dropping that week. By time I get swarm of the raven with spike grenades or an iron banner armor set I actually can make use of they will be irrelevant.

Posting in language:

• Congratulations on over 2500 hours on Destiny 2. That’s quite an achievement 🏆👍

Posting in language:

• These quest bounties are for the season no? Yes, 100%, the grenades/melees take a long time.(still grinding melee kills)... but it is also not meant to be done this week alone. Not defending it, I am just saying when bungie made these, I am sure that their intent was for the season. Something to work on each time iron banner comes around.

Posting in language:

• Came looking for a physical line. Left disappointed

Posting in language:

• I finished it on thursday and yes I was in work both days, not that hard, spent the rest of the time helping others to do theirs as my kills with certain weapons help my clan mates complete theirs. It was a bit grindy to be honest that's why I haven't all three, because I can't be bothered and I haven't levelled them yet either, maybe next time I'll go for the three character completion, it the only one I have left

Posting in language:

• Very well said. The quest is forcing players to play their personal quest objectives instead of game objectives. This has negative impact on the entire team experience. This is exactly, as said before, why previous season was not fun - why force players into long quests that complete at the end of the season for gear that when finally earned is by then meaningless?

Posting in language:

• This grind is insane and the very definition of forcing players to do what they don't want to do and a lot of it really highlights the failings of the game and PvP. Let's start with the brick wall I smashed my face into for hours today, grenades. They suck in PvP and they always have. Especially when you mix in level advantage. If people can go around one shot meleeing each other maybe rethink the fact that it takes 2-3 pulses from most grenades to kill people. Not to mention a lot of grenades are downright useless. Most players are lucky if they get two grenade kills a game so asking for 100+ grenade kills is, well, It's sadistic. Especially considering grenades are on a timer so if the enemy survives, you miss, or someone takes the kill then you're shit out of luck for a couple minutes before you can even try again. Then we get to the part of the quest where you have to get kills in PvP with weapons you don't like (no one likes) because they generally aren't made to be used in PvP, aren't efficient, or likely suck because they've been nerfed seventeen times... gee what fun. Everyone loves playing matches against higher level opponents while using a weapon they don't like or know how to use! What a splendid idea! Then after that, and I actually haven't got to this step yet because IB (a mode I usually enjoy) was making me feel sick so I stopped playing, we have to win. I'm assuming a lot. Should be super easy and fun considering the state of matchmaking. And after everything you expect players to do it again on other characters? Hard. -blam!-ing. Pass.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
      • You said it and I wholeheartedly agree. This Iron Banner quest is just plain nonsense. It's actually nerfed my drive to take part. It's as you said, Menagerie is far more worth any player's time.

Posting in language:

• Mostly its the scout rifles they are so bad.

Posting in language:

• Couldn’t agree more!

Posting in language:

• It should of been a 3 step quest Class item and boots Chest piece and gauntlets Helmet Capture Ability kills Wins/Kills Slightly better, roughly same difficulty

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • You don't have to finish the quest this week.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Worst thing about it is getting matched against a 6 stack like every 2-3 games

Posting in language:

• IB is in a bad state for 2 reasons (imo) rn; 1- this long ass questline for reprised year 1 armor. Like, why? Literally 2- Matching is trash. Multiple 4/5/6 stacks running around, and yet I always spawn in with a 4-5 out of 6 team? How the hell are starting a match with anything less than 12 players? Just makes it really fricking unejoyable when you get triple cap'd in less than a minute

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • Edited by memba teamwork: 6/22/2019 10:23:42 PM
              Sword kills really wow Trash Decisions who is worse you BUNGIE OR EA

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • Just afk this crap use rubber bands

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                • Edited by Black Dynam1t3X: 6/21/2019 2:51:47 AM
                  it seems many are failing to take into account two huge aspects of this quest. 1. you have the entire season's worth of IB to do this 2. it's not about individual performance, but team performance. the quest isn't meant to do in 1 or 2 days, slow down and enjoy the game. it's not difficult or as pressing as made out to be.

Posting in language:

40 Replies
                  • Edited by AllSeeingRoque: 6/22/2019 6:10:18 AM
                    So I was crazy enough to do 2 characters for this iron banner. 2 full sets of armor so far. Oh god it was bad grinding it.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                    • Edited by D34N0000: 6/21/2019 4:12:29 PM
                      So I got back into destiny again this season after simply rejecting the casual mess d2 began as. But as far as the game has come I see the forums are the same, enough said really. This is a seasonal quest! Not daily or even weekly! Stop expecting to do it today, like any of it! In fact stop even checking it's progression. That would be a start for most of you complaining about this. With every step in this quest being "part of a team" it doesn't even reqiure you to focus on them to complete. You can literally play how you like an still make a little progress most of the time. Peoples impatient and entitled mindset is what's wrong here in my opinion. It's a quest for people to collect a set of this seasons iron banner gear with the intesion of it being passively completed, requiring a decent amount of time spent in iron banner over the course of the season to complete. But bungie didnt take into account how simple minded people can be and how they just HAVE to complete that quest like their dam life depends on it. and now all the poor little jimmies have lost god knows how many hours grinding that final iron banner quest before they had even engaged their brain long enough to relise this quest isn't designed to focused on and finished today. And by the looks of this post they still havent realised it. Play iron banner if you enjoy playing iron banner. If not, don't this quest isn't forcing you to do anything! It's as simple as that really. But honestly the idea of someone spending hours focusing on this quest is funny to me but you've no one to blame but yourself. Stupid people are capible of really annoying themselves and not even know it, thats all I see here.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                      • It's a seasonal quest. You have multiple chances throughout the season. Stop whining

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                        • Dude I’ve completed most of the quest in three days, all of them work days. Get over your egos.

Posting in language:

18 Replies
                          • I would imagine the lot of you complaining about doing the quest over the season for your rewards never played D1 at all. 2 armor pieces and 2 weapons per IB, took several IB events to get a full set of armor, much like doing the quest of the course of a season would do.

Posting in language:

• Edited by crumbly: 6/22/2019 11:59:55 AM
                            Just finished my grenades. Took like 10-15 games. Actually didn't feel too bad. Got in a decent rhythm. Basically once I hit 750 I didn't feel like I had other things to do.

Posting in language:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
                          You are not allowed to view this content.
                          ;
                          preload icon
                          preload icon
                          preload icon