JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Savvage Cabbage: 6/17/2019 6:48:02 PM

A fixer for the Whisper (Whisper of the worm idea)

So, I get it Bungie. I totally understand that no heavy ammo weapon should be able to be used infinitely no matter how good you are at the game or how much skill it requires, but by removing that ENTIRELY from the whisper... you've destroyed its purpose entirely. But hear me out, I have an idea that would potentially fix this, make whisper usable and reliable, while keeping it balanced within the game. My idea is simple: Every time a whisper user lands 3 precision shots, 2 bullets are generated back and one is reloaded from reserves. It's simple, keeps the weapon powerful enough to be sustainable damage, yet also ensures that it will run out of ammo eventually. This is how it would work: Lets say you have 3 shots loaded and 13 in reserves (3/13) and you hit 3 criticals, what happens next is the weapon will generate 2 bullets that are directly in the mag, while reloading 1 from reserves so you end up with (3/12), this essentially will keep the weapon it's worth of an exotic slot while also not making it powerful enough to shoot literally forever; you'll run out eventually. Eventually you'll have 3 bullets left in the mag and 2 in the reserves, you'll shoot those 3, end up with 2 again generated and one pulled from reserves leaving only one in reserves. With that last shot you are out of ammo. I believe this idea could work. I'm not the biggest whisper fan, never was a fan of snipers in general but this sniper felt exotic to me and ever since Destiny 1 I have loved wielding it. I agree with the nerf but I feel it is overboard, and it makes the weapon potentially useless compared to other exotics that won't require as much, plus lunafaction and titan barricade make it literally a pointless exotic to have.This fix would enable the weapon to keep its ammo generation but deplete it slowly overtime to ensure that it isn't broken op. Also as many people pointed out whisper is literally useless right now because most people have lunafactions or a Titan barricade any time they are on a dps phase on a boss, making reloading in general entirely void to pump out as much damage as possible; so why would we use a sniper that reloads itself when we have stuff that does that already lmao

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Give it triple tap. 4th times the charm would be ideal but only if it had 4 shots in the mag....so give it 4 in the mag I guess.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

1 Reply
    • I feel like if whisper was a special weapon it would be less of a problem, even make it so its natural damage per shot is on par with a rapid frame sniper and whispered breathing brings it up to an adaptive/high impact frame.

Posting in language:

• it's Pointless, Because the Vault will be destroyed by Truth Missile once it gets nerfed, losing its ability to track anything and randomly just flies around like a roman candle making those TSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE noises. At this time, the explosion is pretty severe and not only do we lose our vault, again... but Master Rahool gets killed by a piece of flying debris. you being distraught by the fact that he dies but Tess gets to live, as she cuddles an eververse engram like a h**ker holding onto a bag of d*ldo's. As the tower falls, you decide to jump off, knowing that your ghost would resurrect you once you are at the bottom you just think to yourself, "yeah its going to hurt for a second" and then "LERRRRROY JENKINS". you fall hard, fast, and hit the ground like a popped tomato. You wait for your ghost as he is trying to fly out of the sock you left him in after you beat yourself to sleep at night. He appears but alas its too late and he revives you. you have no memory of your previous life, and even having a whisper of the worm, nor do you even remember your name. Your Ghost however thinks this is funny and keeps calling you Jeff, and like Lenny from Mice and men you can't stop killing innocent little puppies as you walk around saying... "My Nym Jeff". Dont fear, for 5000 Silver Eververse in D3 (once they rebuild the tower, again....) will sell us some memories and i can get a whole new quest for the whole new Whisper of the Worm, which will most likely work like it did but we would think it's amazing.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
      • Orrrrrr, just undo all nerfs on it.

Posting in language:

• I miss my whisper everyday 😪 rip

Posting in language:

• Even one would be better than what it is now...

Posting in language:

• Hmm... That might just worm? I mean work! However I feel like Bungie would have to lower the amount of ammo whisper can carry

Posting in language:

4 Replies
        • I appreciate this idea. Hopefully the emotionally charged hostility doesn't get to you! Take care!

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Bungie definitely utterly destroyed the thing with their nerf. Now it's just a worse version of itself from D1 and far inferior to DARCI. There were much better options on how to handle it, but Bungie straight slapped it down to unusable status. I think the best solution would be a return to form but with a total ammo count of 3. This way it's still viable, but more high risk, high reward. Another option would be to rework the White Nail perk so that every time it pulls ammo from the reserve it receives a stackable damage buff. Let's say that every time you land 3 shots the damage increases 20%. That means with 18 total rounds your final shots (a x5 stack) would deal 200% damage. That would make it worth using still.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • Don't worry, it will be back to its former glory in Destiny 3 where you can unlock it again and have fun with it for a few weeks before it becomes a Gold legendary again!

Posting in language:

• Should just be changed back. No taking ammo from reserve and let me have 20 rounds like it was before. It's supposed to be an exotic and it only got nerf because bungie can't think of better raid encounters than stand here and hit this same spot over and over. It was fun wasting time earning it for it to be made useless. Also unnerf sleeper too.

Posting in language:

• BEAUTIFUL

Posting in language:

• 4 shots total. One as a grace shot in case you miss. But other than that, leave it so it stays infinite ammo but if you miss, your dps is crippled. Maybe Mulligan for the Catalyst

Posting in language:

• Here's a better idea. Put sniper rifles back in the heavy slot and give a damn choice and more variety of sniper rifles. Screw you. The reason it was nerfed is because it is one of the only sniper rifles in the game that is used for dps for bosses only and never used for any thing else. I worked so hard to get all the EP weapons,perfect paradox,my exotic sniper rifles,fusion rifles,shotguns,my alone as a god sniper rifle just for them to be come realitivly worthless in the long run because now I must chose power over ammo. No. I refuse to use a sniper,shotgun,or fusion over my guns with ammo. I could make better loads outs with the Destiny 2 vanilla weapon system. It was better. We went from 7 different heavy weapons to use to 4. How. It what world does cutting down heavy options become acceptable. Sorry. I say leave whisper as it's shit self till more variety comes back. I miss using weapons that mattered and were a viable second to what is being primarily used. Hope the damn thing stay broken. My ikolos sniper did what whisper does now after patch but more with overpentration.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
              • Edited by Talia Sendua: 6/17/2019 10:13:54 AM
                I read at first in the title "a fixer for the -blam!-.xer"... 😂

Posting in language:

• The solution was to not give Whisper the perks of the original Black Hammer because they nerfed that too. It was a lose-lose situation and they dove in with both fists.

Posting in language:

• Honestly i think the change they made to whisper is nothing special considering how you can auto reload with a rally barricade or a rift and well of radiance if the warlock is wearing lunafaction boots. They should have just kept it the way it was in my opinion.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • 1. It shouldnt have been nerfed. When it dropped they made a big show about how it had its original perk, time for them to stop with the "check out this new gun in our dlc" make it over the top only to nerf it once people buy it. 2. The change should have been to only hold 3 rounds. Miss and you're done but chain and you get to endlessly 3. Whisper is one of the highest skill ceilings when it comes to destiny weapons, it's a high flinch, high recoil sniper that requires rapid precision chaining to do anything, no other gun I know requires as much from its user, shotgun spam doesnt, rockets and nade launchers dont, 1k, sleeper or linear fusions dont and swords dont

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                  • Bungie if you are reading this I want ask a question. [b][u]why would I use Whisper of the Worm when Wendigo exists.[/u][/b]

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                    • That's too complicated. An exotic perk should be understandable to all players without an entire essay. Besides, it's fine the way it is. It still reloads automatically, and that was its main purpose anyway. That plus whispered breathing give it insane DPS.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                      • This could work.

Posting in language:

• Or, since bungie nerfed it to be black spindle then they should also put it in the special slot just like how black spindle was a special.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                        • Or make it so if you hit all 3 precision shots it creats AoE and reload your ammo from reserve. Or make it like the ice breaker, unlimited ammo but a slow rate of fire. Or leave it as is but up the damage from whispered breath back to what it was.

Posting in language:

• Even generating one bullet would be enough with 20rds

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                          • I still remember when they said only exotics should have infinite ammo, so they nerfed Black Hammer. They never let the damn exotic version keep it's infinite ammo though. Doesn't help that it's a HEAVY this time though.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                            You are not allowed to view this content.
                            ;
                            preload icon
                            preload icon
                            preload icon