JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
6/16/2019 5:50:08 AM

Do you want micro transactions removed?

yes

no

I thought you guys were gonna remove those after you split with Activision. I was excited to not see Eververse when i booted up D2, and i was very disappointed when i saw more stuff to buy than before the split. I know that some will argue that its only cosmetic(there is actually a few small advantages they can give), but i don't care, i don't like them anyway. As destiny becomes more of an rpg and mmo, having cool looking gear is large part of the gravity of the game(at least i think so). Being able to buy such things for real money not only hurts my immersion in the world, but makes me care less about seeing someone that looks cool. I know not all will agree with me, but i hope you all can try to see the positives in a destiny where micro transactions are no more.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• So Bungie lost Investors and you thought they were going to stop trying to make extra money? You don’t know much about business do you? It’s just cosmetics. If you do t have them it won’t effect your gameplay. End of Story.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

2 Replies
    • At least its not pay to win like black ops 4

Posting in language:

• Rekt by your own poll lol

Posting in language:

3 Replies
      • [quote]I thought you guys were gonna remove those after you split with Activision.[/quote] So, to be clear you thought after they lost their main backer they would remove another source of income?

Posting in language:

3 Replies
        • Microtransactions are gonna be the major force of how Destiny stays alive at this point. Bungie can't make any more revenue for Year 1 content following the New Light model. Hopefully some people will be drawn into microtransactions so the game can stay alive for a couple more years. DLC purchases are a decent chunk of change but is nothing compared to microtransaction purchases.

Posting in language:

• Lol. Get real and get a life. Don't buy stuff and shut up. A stitch in time saves nine. It takes one to know one. Git gud. Bet a dollar to a donut you buy everything. Women be shopping.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
          • Edited by Brad7402: 6/17/2019 1:03:16 AM
            I don't want them removed, but sticking us with year one crap from our engram drops while greatly expanding the amount of stuff available with real money was a shitty thing to do. We should be getting new stuff from engrams and the year one stuff should be available for purchase for those that don't already have it.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • Micro transactions are fine. I just wish they would put more of that cool gear in eververse into activities instead of behind a paywall.

Posting in language:

• I don't care if they have them, but removing the engram drops and only giving us year one stuff in them was a pretty crappy move.

Posting in language:

• [quote]I thought you guys were gonna remove those after you split with Activision. I was excited to not see Eververse when i booted up D2, and i was very disappointed when i saw more stuff to buy than before the split. I know that some will argue that its only cosmetic(there is actually a few small advantages they can give), but i don't care, i don't like them anyway. As destiny becomes more of an rpg and mmo, having cool looking gear is large part of the gravity of the game(at least i think so). Being able to buy such things for real money not only hurts my immersion in the world, but makes me care less about seeing someone that looks cool. I know not all will agree with me, but i hope you all can try to see the positives in a destiny where micro transactions are no more.[/quote] I'd understand removing eververse if they were selling exotic weapons and catalysts, but they're selling [i]cosmetic[/i] items. If someone wants to blow $10 for a skin on a game they love, let them. That dumb decision is on them, not us.

Posting in language:

• Edited by IngweQueen: 6/17/2019 8:20:34 AM
              Why would they? Every game now has some sort of microtransaction it is the way of the world today. You do not have to use them. Just because Joe Bloggs has that whatever does not mean you have to have it.

Posting in language:

• Ummmm. Bungie will be making Destiny 2 a free to play game. Eververse is going no where. Get over it. It's cosmetic shit anyways. Gives no advantage to core gameplay.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • I despise the changes made to make monitization a thing. shaders, vehicles, shells, all have a cost in dust to pull from collect which is for one reason. GREED. D1 had it right in every way and people should be fired if they keep pushing this. If you want sales instore make it worth it. No pay to win garbage and making things one time purchase and account wide, You get a ship dont you dare ask for dust to pull it out again. Your marketing pull should be made to walk the plank with seals strapped to thier backs in white infested waters. Im not bitter, not a bit. I perorder your games twice and you fooled me with how good Rise of Iron was. You really made me regrets preordering things in general. I for one do use the store but It just isn't worth it. I bought in d1, the D2, waiting for the reset so you can try to resell me all the stuff i already. Your are the reason I wrong so many congressmen about loot-box legislation. The predatorial practice of making games suck and limited consumable are dishonest and anti-consumer in general. Know that your game and business will be scrutinized thoroughly.

Posting in language:

• I'm actually ok with the way eververse is right now since they are going to be pretty much giving away D1Y1 for free in September and those same people will have access to all patrol locations. Does it suck that right now engrams give me things I already have?absolutely, but I can see where it makes sense financially for right now. They need to get at least a small headstart financially to support what could be a large amount of new free players. Hopefully after September the engrams go back to the way they used to be and more stuff becomes available for bright dust.

Posting in language:

• Good god. Stop it

Posting in language:

• Since New Light will be coming in Fall I have to disagree so long as paid items can also be found in Bright Engrams.

Posting in language:

• I think it’s pretty evident that the progression of Eververse to now is the result of the store not doing well. Bungie has its own merch store, on top of selling the base game + expansions + annual pass, with another cycle in September. Not to mention selling exotics in South Korean eververse. But hey, I’m doing my part

Posting in language:

• They're reasonable micro transactions at this time, so I'm cool with it.

Posting in language:

• it's not pay to win like warframe where you can literally buy everything that evers stuff is only for people who don't have time to play this game but still want to collect all cool stuff

Posting in language:

I give zero cares about micro transactions. I have a lot of bright dust and a lot of patience.

Posting in language:

• Edited by DarkUnit529: 6/17/2019 3:53:13 AM
                Nah, I usually buy cool exotic emotes and the occasional ship or sparrow so I’m not really spending much of my dust. If Unfinal Shapes came back I’d buy that in a heartbeat. I didn’t switch to PC until a couple weeks after the ship was last sold, if I remember correctly

Posting in language:

• Edited by Yuno: 6/17/2019 3:47:44 AM
                Could care less either way. You can get almost every microtransaction just by playing, and people who rewlly want them can buy what they want. Dont see any problem

Posting in language:

• Edited by Niinja Slayer: 6/17/2019 3:22:52 AM
                Nah, it’s up to you if you want to spend your money. It’s all Y1 stuff now anyways. I wish EVERYTHING from D2 was available at once now on a knockout list.

Posting in language:

• There relying on micro transactions even more now that they’ve split with Activision, but the only thing I disagree with is that we have year one engrams instead of new season engrams, I think it is a little unfair we can’t earn the cosmetics Like we used to 😐

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • Minimal time investment, and high yield = more money for further content. As long as we don't see any pay to win mechanics microtransactions should be encouraged.

Posting in language:

• Edited by BoomerJuice: 6/16/2019 4:50:08 PM
                  They're probably relying on microtransactions more than ever now that Activition is gone and they don't have a publisher fronting them money so I'm fine with them selling cosmetics. As long as it's not a pay to win system, or a pay for guns thing like Black Ops 3 was, I really do not care. Most of the armor in this game is ugly anyway.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                  You are not allowed to view this content.
                  ;
                  preload icon
                  preload icon
                  preload icon