JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help

Help us help you.
6/16/2019 1:06:59 AM

Windowed Fullscreen extreme stuttering/hitching (2 monitors)

System: [url]https://pcpartpicker.com/user/coasterreal/saved/YBJ7WZ[/url] I'll grab an example later and upload it hopefully with a graph. I use Windowed Fullscreen so I can easily move from one monitor to the other for DIM or other needs without having to completely minimize the game on my main screen. However, only in this mode or the Borderless Windowed do I experience these issues. What appears to be happening is that as I'm moving the mouse around, its going "outside" the playable area - at least to Windows and the GPU. I know that if you move the mouse out of the game window and click on another window, Windows will basically render the game window with the lowest possible resources. In most cases, it drops the frame rate down to 30 (even though I have dual 144hz G-SYNC monitors that are set at 144hz). While I understand this and it makes sense, nothing I can find to do will prevent what comes next. After only about 20-30min, the game will start to hitch BADLY. To the point where the rendering even halts for a second, then starts again. I have the EVGA Precision XOC up and the graph showing the GPU mhz shows that while everything is good, its running at max speed (~2000mhz). At each time it hitches, the GPU drops in utilization drastically. Its these huge drops in GPU utilization where the hitching occurs. This appears to be an issue that while playing, the mouse is "leaving" the game area and windows thinks that its not in the game so it stop rendering. Then, its back. Instead of the active window keeping the mouse inside its own bounds, its almost like its leaving the bounds. I'm sure if I didn't have multiple monitors, this wouldn't happen but I would just run in Fullscreen anyways. When I do run in Fullscreen, 0 issues. GPU runs at full tilt and everything is great. Windowed Fullscreen is where this pain is at. Help?
English
#Help #pcsupport

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon