JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help

Help us help you.
6/12/2019 10:05:35 PM

problem reading game files error

the game keeps crashing at random moments saying it can't read the game files. basic deduction is to run the verify and repair thing from battle.net but the issue is still there. i've googled what can be done, tried everything (running the game as admin, setting the priority higher in task manager, etc...), but the issue is still there. the game is not playable anymore because of this. i tried reinstalling too and it didn't change anything.
English
#Help #pcsupport

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

View Entire Topic
  • I'm running game on Win7 64-bit and had same issues regularly, but running destiny2.exe as Admin helped me to get rid of these issues, but just 2 or 3 days ago I had crash once more after weeks of no issues. The only thing which was “special” this time, was that there was Windows Update available and my PC was automatically downloading it, that's my Windows Update policy set to check and download, but not install automatically. So my conclusion after this incident is that this error of failed attempt to read resource is also caused by game process not being able to read resource IN TIME. My suggestion to you is to reduce any disk and network I/O in background. Don't run anything that can potentially spike up I/O operations. Also make sure you have destiny2.exe process added for exclusion from runtime antivirus scanning, i.e. antivirus software will not scan files destiny2.exe is reading during gameplay.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon