JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: My Game Keeps crashing (PC)
6/14/2019 9:41:34 PM
Hey Jesika, This sounds like a tough one. Difficult to know exactly what is causing the issue. In regards to the minimum specs, you can find them [url=https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/109713]here[/url] - how does your current system look compared to that? Have you read the help pages for chicken and buffalo? If you haven't, I recommend taking a look at those: https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/11917 https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/11876 Are you using a wired or wireless connection on your PC?
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Well, I don't have a fancy gaming computer. This is what I'm able to find: Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (With latest service pack) Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100U CPU @ 2.30GHz Memory: 6144MB (6.1GB) RAM I have plenty of Hard Drive Space I have Wireless internet. I don't know where to find my Processor: AMD, NVidia, and Video: AMD. (Unless that means I don't have them) But like I said, I've been able to play the game just fine with what I have, until January. That's why I was asking if they changed them. And about the chicken error: That was a completely different problem. Long story short: One day back in January, my game started to run really slow. Low frame rate, freezing, etc. After trying a few ways to fix it, I tried to log back in...and that's when I started getting the chicken error. I couldn't even get to the character selection. I know what the chicken error means, I had to update to the latest version. But the problem was, I had the latest version. I literally tried everything to fix it. Nothing worked. This went on for 6 months. Until this last Monday, the 10th, I logged in after the forth time reinstalling, I got a message about 2 ghost projections having a visual error, and that my account was impacted by it. I was able to select a character again. I thought everything was finally back to normal, until I tried to go somewhere. That's when everything I described started happening. I wasn't sure if it was the servers or not, which is why I waited so long to say something. The buffalo error is confusing me. I'm the only one that plays Destiny in my household. I hope this was useful.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Thanks for the info! Much appreciated. You can find your GPU by clicking 'Start' then type 'dxdiag' and hit enter. It should bring up a window titled "DirectX diagnostic tool". There should be a tab 'Display 1' (you may have multiple 'Display' tabs but the first should be fine) and if you can tell me what the it says against the 'Name' that would be great. Unfortunately it looks as though your CPU is slightly under the minimum requirements, so that may lead to some issues such as crashing. Also, while you do meet the minimum requirements of 6GB of RAM, it's still not much to work with. As the game gets updates over time, the game may become more demanding in terms of resources, but it's difficult to know for sure. The minimum specs page was updated 7 months ago so it's possible things have changed since then. I see that you also use wireless internet. If you can, I recommend switching to wired and see if that helps at all. Bungie recommend using a wired connection within their network troubleshooting guide, which also may be worth reviewing if you're having persistent connection issues: https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Troubleshoot?oid=13604

Posting in language:

• My GPU is Intel(R) Graphics 520. I'm more convinced now that it's my computer. But still, I was able to play the game before. But like you said, the updates will change over time and my computer might not be able to keep up with the requirements, especially with the new expansion coming out this fall. Oh well. I'm planning to buy a new one eventually anyway. At least my account was fixed and I'm able to login.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon