JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

6/14/2019 8:00:35 PM
Then they'd have to take away the generous aim assist on console.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• No they just need to let us customize the sensitivity curve on console. Game doesn't need recoil reduction or removing aim assist. With a customizable sensitivity curve in the options menu, we'll be able to control recoil. You'll still need to have the skill and mechanical dexterity to control recoil patterns. What is a sensitivity curve? It defines what happens in the game when you move your controller's thumbsticks. The simple look sensitivity in Destiny (goes from 1 to 10) only determines how fast you can possibly move along the sensitivity curve. There are in depth guides out there about this topic, and there's a bunch of games that give you the option to customize the sensitivity curve. In Overwatch, it's called "Aim Ease In," in Titanfall and Apex Legends, it's called "Response Curve." Destiny 2 has a heavily modified sensitivity curve that Bungie put in the game and we can't change or even see it. It makes small, minute adjustments to aiming diagonally difficult, but makes looking straight up/down and left/right more stable. This is why it's a lot easier to make small adjustments to your aim with the strafe stick instead of the aim stick, and you see that all the time in Crucible. A lot of guns in Destiny have recoil patterns that do not go straight up, like SMG's, making them nigh impossible to control on console with the 1 sensitivity curve that Destiny has. PC Destiny is a different story, if you watch PC players using SMG's for example, it looks as if they have no recoil. This is because they can change the sensitivity curve of the mouse, and the mouse is a bit easier to make minute adjustments with. If you have Apex Legends downloaded, (it's a free game) you can find the option called Response Curve (it's a slider in the controller options menu) and find out for yourself how it affects your aim.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Please. Aim assist is a joke. Missed so many kills because aim assist decided to follow the guy who jumped infront of my crosshair.

Posting in language:

Aim assist is awful. I [i]wish[/i] you could turn it off.

Posting in language:

• Consider it a deal!

Posting in language:

• Honestly after playing overwatch I kind of would rather they get rid of how aim assist works currently and have the ability to make aim assist to what you want and then make targeting enhancement perks change to increase weapon handling and ads speed. So many times I'll be firing at one target and someone else jumps in front of them pulling my aim off my original target causing me to have to reaquire my target but this usually ends in my death before I can fire on my original target again.

Posting in language:

• There's still bullet magnetism.

Posting in language:

• [quote]There's still bullet magnetism.[/quote] It doesn't matter. No aim assist is a whole nother ballpark.

Posting in language:

• Theres aim assist on pc as well lol

Posting in language:

• No, there's bullet magnetism. There is no aim assist on pc when using keyboard and mouse, only when using a controller.

Posting in language:

• Wait, you talkin bout when the reticle moves when someone passes in front of you? LOL thats a detriment. Bullet magnetism is aim assist. Its literally a passive stat in every weapon. Pc and console.

Posting in language:

• Edited by gregoryw3: 6/17/2019 9:45:09 PM
    Aim Assist is when the reticle moves when someone passes in front of you. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL1_ht1EdAU]Halo 5 BM Dev Example[/url] [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F95eyzlT5fo]Destiny BM[/url] [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh6N9PwS6Fc]Halo Reach BM[/url] Yes, Bullet magnetism falls under aim assist, but generally when talking about "aim assist" people assume the type of aim assistance being talked about is the kind that moves your reticle as someone passes through. PC (Mouse and Keyboard) does not have the type of aim assistance in which your reticle moves but still has the kind of aim assistance that curves bullets.

Posting in language:

• They arnt the same but they are similar. Aim assistance is just that, the ability to help you aim. Helps your reticule stick to the target while ads. Pc does not have that because mouse does not need this help, while joy sticks do. Bullet magnetism is how far off the body you can shoot somebody but it still count as a hit. For instance you can aim a hand cannon above a players shoulder and your reticule dot not be on their head, but it will curve the bullet to the head even though your dot isn’t technically there.

Posting in language:

• I'm not sure if you think that bullet magnetism is not a form of aim assist or are just arguing semantics. If you gave console guns with PC recoil and bloom we would be happy to have no reticle slow down and keep magnetism.

Posting in language:

• They are different. Bulletin magnetism will pull the bullet towards the target if it’s close enough. Aim assist keeps your reticule on the body with extra sticky ness

Posting in language:

• Lol I know how it works...I also know that reticle slowdown on target and bullet attraction are BOTH forms of aim assist.

Posting in language:

• Except pc only has one, not both

Posting in language:

• And this thread is about console...which has both. Try to keep up junior.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon