JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

6/14/2019 4:44:25 PM
Agreed. This is why counterbalance and zen moment and hand laid stock type perks were very sought after in D1, because recoil was so bad and those perks helped turn weapons more manageable and even into laser beams in some cases. Almost every weapon is a laser beam on PC and almost none are now on console, lol. There are weapons I won't use because the recoil is so bad or awkward.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• It has nothing to do with recoil and everything to do with the built in hidden sensitivity curve that console Destiny has. Bungie has it set up so beginners can approach Destiny easily, but for us veteran console shooter players who can control wild recoil fine in other games that have a more linear sensitivity curve, we can't do it in Destiny because the controller options just don't exist to make it possible. PC Destiny players have access to great aim in part because they're getting a sensitivity curve that's closer to a 1 to 1 input output, paired with the extra precision a mouse can get. It's not all about the mouse, PC gets a better curve, there's just more options for the mouse than there is for the controllers.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Interesting. Well I guess we can hope for more sensitivity controller options in the future?

Posting in language:

• Edited by RaG nuh RocK: 6/16/2019 4:58:55 AM
    I hope so. I've always had to put up with Destiny's junk sensitivity curve, and the last Destiny anything I'm buying is/was Forsaken. I guess I'm just spoiled now by superior controller options in other games like Overwatch Titanfall and Apex Legends. There's a zillion YouTube videos for those games about just the controller options alone. I've never seen a single one for Destiny, because the options are so poor. We've got what, look sensitivity that goes from 1 to 10, cant even fine tune that by changing it to 1 to 100, or separating the look sensitivity into horizontal/vertical, there's just 1-10 for both. And then there's just a handful of button presets, nevermind a full button mapping option. Thank God Microsoft added Xbox Accessories, so I can customize my button layout because it can't be done in the game's options menu. In truth, Destiny 2 has nearly identical controller options to Halo: Combat Evolved, also a Bungie game. And that first Halo released in 2001, 18 years ago. That's an eternity in the gaming industry. It's time to modernize the controller options!!!!

Posting in language:

• That's why I hardly ever use the Last Word anymore. In D1 Last Word was my favorite weapon ever, I used it in pvp, and in pve, it was just so much fun. And in D1 even when I aimed down sights with Last Word I could still sorta control it, and I even spent a long time practicing and memorizing a certain maneuver with the joysticks to help better control the reload. And now in D2, the base recoil of the gun while ads is unbearable and I can't do the little trick I used to be able to do in D1 to help manage the recoil.

Posting in language:

• Why I use Steady rounds over accurized rounds on my better devils.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon