JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Silencersix: 6/14/2019 9:04:12 PM
Silencersix
Silencersix

“Don’t buy those Req packs” old

The cosmodrome and dreadnaught potentially coming back?

To be honest, I’d like to see them come back. But for new patrol zones, I’d want this: https://imgur.com/a/kQC4MzY
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• You people do realize D1 still exists right. It's only a few years old and it's pretty much identical to D2. It's not like replaying a game from the 90s. You can always go replay D1 if you want to revisit those old areas. It's not cool, not cool at all that Bungie keeps regurgitating old areas and old content. So far every single earth area in D1 and D2 has looked exactly the same. The EDZ is almost identical to the cosmodrome. All the mars areas look exactly the same. Now more moon and deadnaught areas that will look exactly the same as the ones in D1........then they keep reselling the same damn exotics. Or reskinning old legendaries. Then meanwhile one of the best areas in D1 was Venus and they haven't reskinned that place yet. Of all the places they could have us revisit that place should be at the top of the list. But nope, lets keep going back to ugly, unoriginal bland places instead.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Well there was that hint that the dreadnaught would come back, as well as a new backdrop that appeared as a glitch when flying to titan. But maybe it’s been delayed as it’s most likely not part of shadowkeep. But also worth remembering that mars has come back but it’s completely different. I’d love to see new parts of the dreadnaught.

Posting in language:

• If the cosmodrome were to come back, I think it would have to be merged fully with the plaguelands, simply because it would not match the size of the locations in d2

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • I think people forget this is a universe. Stop expecting a new planet or location. Especially if it is in lore, lore basically predicts everything.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
      • Bungie, let us visit Uranus , so soft...so blue.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
        • Edited by LiquidDrumming: 6/14/2019 2:20:09 AM
          That's a pretty lame excuse to call it "new" and you know it. Stop enabling recycled content. Shouldn't have to pay for this stuff twice. And the excuse "it's part of the lore" is lame. If that's case, D2 should have just been expansion on D1 and I would gladly pay all the money no problem.

Posting in language:

32 Replies
          • Edited by Haunter: 6/14/2019 5:33:06 PM
            Hell no We already played those out Time for NEW locations and planets Stop enabling bungie to resell content it's old, boring and stupid to willingly ask to pay for content twice. Maybe for once we'd actually get a new location with new enemies, new bosses and weapon models. Instead of same reskins time and again Now how they brought back thunderlord, a free event for all? 100% all for that type of returns. But behind a paid for dlc? Absolutely never.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
            • To be honest, this is all content that should’ve been around since day 1 d2.

Posting in language:

• I'm pretty sure that the cosmodrome's been irradiated, meaning that it's not exactly safe for guadians to be present. Guardians with radiation poisoning can wind up in a pretty much never ending death loop. Resurrections, from a lore standpoint, don't cure things like this. I believe it's talked about both in the Ecdysis lore book, and the Drifter talks about it. He said that in the dark age, guardians would starve to death and be brought back still hungry.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Flibby_Jinx_2: 6/15/2019 4:30:35 AM
              Tbh, I never liked many of the patrol zones in D1. Not really a whole lot to do in them, especially considering how big they were. Lotta big, open, empty spaces with just a few dregs chillin' in the corner. That being said I did like the Dreadnaught and Mars (it being a desert made the emptiness make sense). Plaguelands were also nice, with that frozen foundry theme 👌 Wouldn't mind seeing them revisited.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • all for the low price of, another crappy Annual Pass

Posting in language:

• The Dreadnaught has a lot of potential to it. It could basically be a Hive version of the Leviathan. The Cosmodrome, because it's relatively small compared to other places, would likely need a drastic face-lift again much like what it received in Rise of Iron to make returning to it valuable. There also isn't really a lot of strong lore potential tied to the Cosmodrome. They had to invent a plot device in order to make returning there reasonable, and we all but neutralized that plot-point. I'd rather see a new environment brought to light (An extreme cold arctic-esque environment) or a return to regions that either haven't already had a revisit or have good story potential.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • Ah, Europa

Posting in language:

• Didnt they mention we will likely return to the dreadnaught? I remember something somewhere mentioning that its been five years since being there, and there has been alot going on there that should be checked out.. so maybe?

Posting in language:

• Cosmodrome will be back, I'd bet my console on it. Dreadnaught, that's a little iffy but I wouldn't doubt it. It's a lot less work to use all the distant imagery, sky, mountains, buildings, etc. and just add some close up structures than it is to build a while new open world area from scratch. Bungie is always trying to do things on the cheap.

Posting in language:

• <The Dreadnaught should've been a location this year, but the Moon and Black Garden have taken its place.>

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                  • I mean, you can see the Dreadnaught from Titan, so I would not be surprised that it has some significance to the game now. Never know, the Hive congregating on the Moon may have a plan to get onboard the Dreadnaught.

Posting in language:

• We have a dreadnaught loading screen in game.

Posting in language:

• I believe the Moon in Shadowkeep is supposed to be a remastered D1 base map with additional areas to explore. Possible Bungie add more D1 patrol spaces into D2 as well.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • Edited post and calling comments "toxic" = OP got butthurt and gave up

Posting in language:

• You also have to keep in mind that there are limits to how much client space they can use on consoles. D2 is already pushing the limits on this with download size, so we're not likely to see all of D1 rolled in and expanded.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                      • Reskin in progress.

Posting in language:

• No, I don't think I will

Posting in language:

• Is it toxic because people might not want the same thing as you?

Posting in language:

• Destiny somehow manages to be one of the most toxic communities ever when it comes to any sort of disagreement. You know it's bad when fights break out over infusion, freaking INFUSION Not even the Crucible for god's sake

Posting in language:

• [quote] ”But it’s recycled content!” Yeah, well it’s not really “recycled” content if they add on to it and make it twice as big. I know that it won’t work lore wise. So at least bring back the dreadnaught....[/quote] is what i think he said before he editted it.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        You are not allowed to view this content.
                        ;
                        preload icon
                        preload icon
                        preload icon