JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

6/13/2019 12:11:51 AM
I got it and tried it last week (Borderlands 2) and couldn’t get into it. Don’t know what it is but I just find it boring. I realise saying this will probably piss a lot of people off but it just feels like a less polished version of Destiny to me.
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• I agree. I’ve only been able to play Borderlands (amy of them) as one character without getting bored. And they have [i]sixteen[/i]!

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• It's only fun co-op IMO

Posting in language:

• People like it for the story and characters. Good loot drops so often that you don’t get attached to guns. Dragon Keep is one of the best DLCs to ever be released. Just the story is longer than Destiny’s story. There are then side quests, a horde quest and a raid boss. That’s all just in the DLC The main quest is like 20-30 hours long.

Posting in language:

• Maybe I’ll give it another shot. I just wasn’t getting into it. Is it a slow start or something?

Posting in language:

• Depends on the character actually. If you’re playing someone like Zer0, chances are the start will feel like [b]forever[/b]. The skills don’t get good until you max out a tree. If it’s someone like Axton or Gaige, it’ll be one heck of a ride. You’ll feel like your abilities are actually doing something. Oh, and play Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep. If you like RPG references, it is [i]chock[/i] full of them, and the dialogue itself should keep you hooked. I would also take a look at the numerous headhunter dlc’s if you’re feeling burned out. They’re simple stories that are about two missions max that provide refreshment from the main course.

Posting in language:

• Here’s my tip; play as Gaige.

Posting in language:

• A little slow. It picks up once you find the FireHawk. If you do find yourself liking it, do NOT play the Dragon Keep DLC until you beat the main quest, since it has major spoilers for a big plot point. How far did you get before you quit?

Posting in language:

• Not very far at all. I fought some boss named Captain Flynt and quit not long afterwards. I really didn’t enjoy the game at all. I’ll try to push on with it though and give it more of a chance.

Posting in language:

• Oh, yeah, that's SUPER early in the game. The characters do get better, at least in my opinion. The story does get more serious later on. Getting to the Fire Hawk usually takes about 3 hours or so, form what I remember, but it's been a while since I played the beginning. The skill customization is miles better than even Destiny 1 at it's best. The change in gameplay comes much more from the classes and skills than the guns. The classes play pretty differently too, much more so than the classes in Destiny ever had. Destiny classes have different jumps, supers and grenades, but they all play pretty similar. The skills in Borderlands 2 build off of your super, but the supers recharge so much faster, like the Siren's only takes like 8 seconds or less. The Siren's ability freezes an enemy in place, but then you can get skills to make it last longer, do more damage, do elemental damage, chai to other enemies after you kill the enemy trapped by it. You can have it to where after killing the enemy you get health. You can have skills that make your gun damage and reload speed get buffed when using Phaselock. You can also revive a player with it if you play co-op.

Posting in language:

• It’s slow, but it gets a lot better.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon