JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: Official Bungie/ Destiny 2 Complaint
6/12/2019 9:23:09 PM
Four words, one acronym. End-user license agreement EULA. That thing you agree to in order to play? Yeah that overrules the consumer rights act [i]since it’s like a contract.[/i] You agreed to explicitly mentioned terms including that Bungie has no obligation to explain reasoning or justification behind account termination to you. You don’t come to attack with legal arguments, against a business you agreed to legal terms with. That’s just dumb, to be fully honest. Sorry about what happened to you, though.
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by FastTrakz: 6/13/2019 6:28:29 PM
    A contract dose not override the law, it must comply with the law or it becomes invalid, get your facts strait.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Fairly certain that the Bungie and Activision legal teams made sure their LSLA was compliant with all local and national laws, seeing it has several international provisions.

Posting in language:

• I'm not disputing that, I'm disputing the fact he said contracts override the law.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Decca1705: 6/13/2019 7:00:20 PM
    I did not say they override the law. I’m saying a legal agreement is a legal agreement. If he agreed to a contract that says he doesn’t get to know why he got banned, in law it’s not a crime to not tell him why he got banned; even if there may be some acts which could state in some way that he deserves to know - probably followed by “unless stated or agreed to otherwise” Please do not twist my words 😁 I said overrules; as in it counts as an exception (when in reality the rights act is an exception at this point) not overrrides; which suggests it makes the act irrelevant

Posting in language:

• Clearly have no idea what you are talking about, you said The EULA is like a contract therefor over-rules the act, the act is embeded in law, also no accounts are terminated, licanses to access the software is revoked. No one is twisting your words, only calling out your nonesence information.

Posting in language:

• This act, which is embedded in law, holds exceptions. These are situations in which it’s clauses do not fully apply. Guess what a EULA is? It’s an exception, because without it, you’re not a consumer - because you can’t use the service. It is a licence agreement. It holds up against any lawsuits surrounding topics it covers - including [i]what it literally references as[/i] termination (the revoking or prevention of access to the service) even against such acts (because, it is an exception). Please, do not tell me I have no clue if you, yourself, are none the wiser.

Posting in language:

• Edited by FastTrakz: 6/13/2019 8:25:17 PM
    Again more mis-information and your totally missing the point, I'm done with this conversation.

Posting in language:

• Unfortunately, I’m afraid not. But I too am tired of this useless discussion. So, good day.

Posting in language:

• fair enough.

Posting in language:

• That's a hard to swallow pill right here.

Posting in language:

• I’m not trying to make it that way, it is what it is. I don’t know why, but it just annoys me to see people acting so powerful in this kind of situation, claiming they have some kind of counter that really they don’t have at all. It’s as if their intelligence is actually stupidity. It’s something I can’t understand, so it gets on my nerves.

Posting in language:

• No I completely agree with you. I laugh when I see posts like these. Bungie doesn't owe them anything. They have resources to tell if someone broke the Terms of Service. When people get busted, they turn into Lawyers demanding things. Then people like yourself drop truth bombs and maybe then they'll realize they have to move on. It's quite entertaining.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon