JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by OrycteropusAfer: 6/13/2019 4:26:38 PM

Luke Smith and Mark Noseworthy

So I’m at E3 for the first time and actually ran into Luke Smith and Mark Noseworthy in a hallway in between show floors (The linked image is proof). I got to ask them a few questions and they answered what they could. Also Luke Smith is a really nice and passionate guy and really doesn’t deserve all the hate he gets. Mark Noseworthy admittedly seemed kinda scripted in the answers he was giving me, but that’s to be expected. Some noteable things they said include: They didn’t seem to be planning to remaster and release the entirety of Destiny 1, and they are experimenting with the moon and how bringing D1 locations back updated to meet all the new events of D2. I play on pc and asked about features like /join and /invite being brought from the battle.net version to steam. Like smith seemed like he hadn’t thought of that before and said they’d look into how that’d work. Mark Noseworthy said when they move to steam they’ll solely use steam ecosystem features. Also in the coliseum conference (which I think can be watched somewhere, it’s only 30 minutes) they said console was getting a performance update of better resolution and frame rate at least at some point, and since they have the pc version upgrading console quality should be easy as they already have the infrastructure setup. And they said it’s not out of the question for destiny to be brought to the epic games store as well as any other launchers [b]and[/b] the current ones, still no exclusives. But being honest I’m pretty excited for shadowkeep and the future, call me a shill or whatever but the game looks good and is fun. Edit: included an image for proof, Mark Noseworthy is on the left, Luke Smith is on the Right and I’m in the middle. Yes I know I need a haircut Edit 2: Also pretty cool this is trending, my first trending post on here. And yeah my friends took the picture while I was in the middle of saying something so it looks kinda weird.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Just because I accidentally Eris morn causes our nightmares to come to life does not mean they are remaking Destiny 1.... My theory is this whole bring your nightmares will only happen to players who defeated certain bosses like example you might see a ghost version of calus etc however it may be very different for a destiny 1 veteran like myself like example besides seeing crota we might see aksis Oryx etc I came up with this theory because if you watch the teaser very carefully besides seeing crota you can even see Atheon from vault of Glass

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

9 Replies
    • Nobody said they were going to remake Destiny 1.. where did you even get that idea?? All they said was they want Destiny the franchise to become an action mmo a social game a game where you can play with your friends without level restrictions. that's the reason they made the whole new thing September new light basically you can play Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 for free but at the same time you can do end game content without a level restriction so you can play with your friends right then and there. again records told you that they were going to remake Destiny one which I'm sure it was a stupid YouTuber they don't check their facts they only make clickbait videos just to make money most YouTubers don't even check their facts and when you put them on the spot about their incorrect information they bully you and harass you

Posting in language:

• Look smoth can drink my bath water

Posting in language:

• Lol wow some of these comments are outright disgusting. I wonder if people would say half of these things to someone they know. These guys are doing their best to play it nice, I wish them the best and I am personally very excited for shadowkeep :)

Posting in language:

3 Replies
      • Cool story bro

Posting in language:

• Man that would have been awesome. Well done!

Posting in language:

• Is his name really nose-worthy? Imagine what the non-worthy branch of his family look like.

Posting in language:

• Luke Smith might be cool to hang with, but the things he has said and done justify all the criticism he receives. As the person in charge, the direction the game went is all on him. Ultimately his decisions are the underlying issues the game has had to correct. He might not have thought some of those were the best direction for the game, but he signed off on it.

Posting in language:

• Luke kinda looks like that guy from the purple mattress commercial.

Posting in language:

• Luke Smith is genuinely a nice guy, but that doesn't change the fact he made some terrible decisions, and there will be more to come. The expansion isn't going to be the savior of this game. The other guy, like most of the rest, is just a yes man. Although, to be fair to them, they are very limited in what they are allowed to say publicly before a certain date, maybe even at all. We had a guy that was head of a pretty big project in one of our departments, and with all the experience he has, he was still making bad decisions that weren't good for the short run, never mind the long run. He took it like a champ and changed everything. Project took a bit longer, but it was the talk of the building for quite some time. Dude is so talented he could go freelance and retire in just a few years. Not many people like him, but things would have been very different if he hadn't done what he did. That is the difference between him and other people. He is open to discussion and is not stubborn in his ideas. Bungie on the other hand, their way or the highway. They are best, everyone else sucks. Awful...

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Where's the pic of the both of them holding you upside down for your pennies? [spoiler]"pennies".. you sickos[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

Did Luke buy you dinner? A steak dinner, perhaps?

Posting in language:

2 Replies
          • Edited by bronze189: 6/13/2019 1:06:13 AM
            Ok let’s pretend that this happened because their is not enough evidence to proof that this happened. I would like to point out that just because he is a “nice guy” does not mean to makes competent decisions. Their are alot of decisions he made for this game that warrant the hate he gets. One thing especially was his interview with datto recently ugh he pisses me off just watch it yourself you will understand. Another is why you didint ask about how the /join feature is not working anymore if you play on PC. edit: asked the OP to post a pic and told him how to do it and he politely obliged and posted the link to the post. thank you OP you the man.

Posting in language:

21 Replies
            • Thanks for sharing. I need more shadowkeep news.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • Are these two dating? Why are they always together?

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                • [quote]So I’m at E3 for the first time and actually ran into Luke Smith and Mark Noseworthy in a hallway in between show floors (The linked image is proof). I got to ask them a few questions and they answered what they could. Also Luke Smith is a really nice and passionate guy and really doesn’t deserve all the hate he gets. Mark Noseworthy admittedly seemed kinda scripted in the answers he was giving me, but that’s to be expected. Some noteable things they said include: They didn’t seem to be planning to remaster and release the entirety of Destiny 1, and they are experimenting with the moon and how bringing D1 locations back updated to meet all the new events of D2. I play on pc and asked about features like /join and /invite being brought from the battle.net version to steam. Like smith seemed like he hadn’t thought of that before and said they’d look into how that’d work. Mark Noseworthy said when they move to steam they’ll solely use steam ecosystem features. Also in the coliseum conference (which I think can be watched somewhere, it’s only 30 minutes) they said console was getting a performance update of better resolution and frame rate at least at some point, and since they have the pc version upgrading console quality should be easy as they already have the infrastructure setup. And they said it’s not out of the question for destiny to be brought to the epic games store as well as any other launchers [b]and[/b] the current ones, still no exclusives. But being honest I’m pretty excited for shadowkeep and the future, call me a shill or whatever but the game looks good and is fun. Edit: included an image for proof, Mark Noseworthy is on the left, Luke Smith is on the Right and I’m in the middle. Yes I know I need a haircut[/quote] Ummm dude, they are the reason for d2 being shite and dumb ass mechanics

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • Bungie is a cool company [spoiler],BUT Balance:/[/spoiler] [spoiler]Balance.[/spoiler] [spoiler]BALANCE![/spoiler] they need actual people testing their game!

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • I would have asked them: 1. How does BUNGIE's funding look for the next year? How much debt does BUNGIE need to take on in order to meet current cash obligations? 2. What are BUNGIE's sales forecasts for Destiny 3 and how do they reconcile it with the fact that they plan on catering to streamers (who should get real jobs) and tryhard no-life gamers (in lieu of casual gamers and solo gamers)? 3. What is the employee attrition rate at BUNGIE? For every position vacated, how many are backfilled?

Posting in language:

80 Replies
                      • Come on Luke,post as yourself....

Posting in language:

• Well if he doesn’t deserve the hate then why did he go out of his way to f@%k up this franchise with his bullshit ..... him & those at bungie have had five years to sort out their shit

Posting in language:

14 Replies
                        • I am going to go ahead and point out why luke Smith is very widely disliked and he literally did it himself by being himself. Throw money at their screen then proceeded to hand us a the steaming pile that was D2. Also saying I know what gamers want. Again refer to vanilla D2. He continued to be a condescending human for several months until there was so much hate for him on Reddit twitter and here he finally disappeared. He called vanilla D2 a masterpiece. Master piece of sh...... and now here he is again saying he is listening to gamers and handing us a whole bunch of crap no one asked for. And not even acknowledging what we are actually asking for. Where I do thinks it’s cool you met him. I am sure it was thrill. And maybe you’ve forgotten everything Luke’s smug azz has done. But I and others haven’t. And yes he deserves everything he gets and more. If I was that bad at my job I would have been fired

Posting in language:

10 Replies
                          • ...lol... funny how you got starcrossed and forgot how messed up the game is atm. I met my company's CEO and asked critical questions, respectfully, he tried giving softball answers, so i pried. He kept evading. I walked away realizing what an asshole these executives really are. The fact they evaded and fluffed should indicate to you they are not ignoring the issues.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                            • That’s awesome. Thanks for sharing. It’s unfortunate that people take video games so seriously that they can turn disappointment into pure hatred. You should just be able to share this without preemptively defending Bungie, Luke Smith, and even your haircut. Sorry dude.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                              • Nice write up about your interaction with them, and the questions asked and answers given. All of this seems very constructive instead of the usual "never satisfied" take on Bungie/Destiny. They definitely seem to be heading in the right direction and I'm excited for the future of this game.

Posting in language:

• i'd gladly sacrifice graphics to have 60fps on consoles especially on xbox x, why can't it be 60fps now?

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                                • It would appear that you're wearing white socks with black/ grey shoes. Don't ever do that again.

Posting in language:

14 Replies
                                  You are not allowed to view this content.
                                  ;
                                  preload icon
                                  preload icon
                                  preload icon