JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: Official Bungie/ Destiny 2 Complaint
6/12/2019 1:44:01 PM
Did you have any cheat/hack/mod/trainer software open (even if it was for another game)?
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• As far I as I know with my knowledge I did not. Only CPU, GPU, FPS overlays, Streamlabs OBS capture software.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• [quote]As far I as I know with my knowledge I did not[/quote] Then I would recommend not trying to push legal methods, because if you dont know what is running on your pc you are going to look the fool in court when bungie presents the log file and the bill for their legal services.

Posting in language:

• I only download software from reputable sources. Examples are Asus, Google, NZXT, Corsair etc

Posting in language:

• Edited by TuxyDoh: 6/12/2019 2:03:44 PM
    there are "reputable " sources of software that are on the restricted types list and can get you banned. Bungie's anticheat detected something either in your gameplay or on your rig that it felt it violated the game's policies, it then flagged your account for review, Bungie SRT Staff members then reviewed your account, validated the reason for the flag, confirmed it violated policy, then manually placed the ban.

Posting in language:

• Is there an official Bungie list? If I have to resort to buying and making a new account I won't want this to happen again.

Posting in language:

• it is the restricted page and 3rd party apps pages. It tells you the types of programs not allowed.

Posting in language:

• Thanks.

Posting in language:

• You don’t know what programs exactly you had opened up?

Posting in language:

• Razor cortex, NZXT CAM, OBS, Streamlabs, MSI Afterburner, Asus sonic studio, CPUZ, Sophos Antivirus, Malewarebytes, SCP driver for PS4 controllers, Spotify, chrome, discord. My RGB lighting with NZXT CAM software gets flagged by Apex Legends easy cheat software. I have to force close lighting service.exe everytime I play apex. That's all that would be running at once I believe.

Posting in language:

• Edited by dcbaseball: 6/12/2019 1:59:00 PM
    Then if it’s flagged by other games as cheat (likely because it either injects code or can have same properties as a cheat software), then that may have also been flagged by Bungie as a “cheat”. As for refund (which you specifically requested in your post, so don’t give a bs response about it’s no interest to you), you must take that up with the retailer where you bought game from & you are subject to their refund policy.

Posting in language:

• It has never caused an issue with any other online game played on this PC such as TES online, Planetside 2, Call of duty, Titanfall 1 and 2 (which you would think use the same cheat detection as apex) and overwatch. Although apex hasn't flagged it for the last few start ups.

Posting in language:

• Other games/companies don’t have same detection/stance that Bungie has. So using other developers/games is a moot point.

Posting in language:

• Seems a bit silly if my RGB lighting control caused it though. It's NZXT software.

Posting in language:

• Edited by dcbaseball: 6/12/2019 2:07:48 PM
    And I’m not confirming that it was the cause....but if it’s being flagged in other games, then it may have flagged your account in D2. Regardless, Bungie doesn’t discuss bans & rarely is there a false-positive that gets overturned.

Posting in language:

• I guess if push comes to shove I will have to create a new account and buy the game again when it's on offer. Just the principle of it though. All that time and money already spent. Very upsetting.

Posting in language:

• Correct. However, I would advise against it until you can 1) determine the exact root cause of ban, and/or 2)uninstall/force close any/all programs that may have been the cause.

Posting in language:

• Had a look at the compatability list and such programs as Razer Cortex, Discord, OBS, MSI Afterburner are flagged as not compatible. Seems like it could be anything.

Posting in language:

• Not compatible =\= bannable. Discord has the overlay feature not compatible, but won’t cause a ban. Similar with OBS/GeForce Experience...they have features that aren’t compatible, but haven’t caused bans.

Posting in language:

• Well I will wait a while to see if anything more comes from this post. If not I will have to speak to my Solicitor about the possibility of Blizzard refunding me the cost of a product I can't use. Then I can perhaps put that money into buying D2 again and playing it in safe mode only. 419 hours on the same PC no problems and then this. Guess life likes to give you lemons from time to time.

Posting in language:

• Solicitors, no matter how good, cannot argue over the top of terms that you literally agree to. Don’t agree to a EULA if you don’t want to stick to it. That’s what screws people over.

Posting in language:

• Well... 1. Bungie won’t give you any answers. Do it’ll only be other players/gamers giving you their speculation/opinion 2. Highly unlikely to get a refund. But blizzard is your only option for possibly getting it.

Posting in language:

• Seems a bit silly if my RGB lighting control caused it though. It's NZXT software.

Posting in language:

• If you think their software causes it maybe you should message nzxt about it

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon