JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

6/12/2019 12:39:33 AM
f3
f3

[quote]What's the overal vibe now?[/quote] okay so you know how when you’re playing halo 3 customs but people start leaving and getting replaced by squeakers who only want to play fat kid? basically that
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

Lol who played custom games with randoms?

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

8 year old me. I’d go into my recent players list to find people playing custom games and join them.

Posting in language:

Ew. Gonna take a wild guess here and say you were a huge fan of MLG.

Posting in language:

Oh, god no. Even as a dumb kid I thought it was lame as shit. I just liked meeting new people and playing cool maps.

Posting in language:

I can respect that. I was 14 when Halo 3 came out and very anti social, but a lot of my friends from my small town school were outgoing pooular types so my friends list was always full of people to play with. We used to have LAN parties every other weekend with like 20+ people all stuffed into a basement with TV's and 360s

Posting in language:

• [quote]squeakers who only want to play fat kid?[/quote] Halo 3 In The WorkPLace was/is our clan of over 21 somethings (average age 35 or there abouts) that always had a "Friday Fustoms" (Friday Night Custom Games) night. We used downloadable maps others made, and had several in the clan that were in Chatrtis Graphein, or whatever the Halo 3 map maker group was that got maps into the actual game. We LOVED FAT KID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Duck Hunt. Some of the most fun nights we had we kept going only to see the sun rise and realize what time it was.

Posting in language:

• [quote]Halo 3 In The WorkPLace[/quote]Wasn't a part of it but the capital L always irked me.

Posting in language:

• It was a typo on the original group title that couldn't be fixed once it was made, and became part of your calling card.

Posting in language:

• What about when you're playing Reach customs, but then everyone gets replaced with squeekers who just want to play assassination tower?

Posting in language:

Those people were worse than squeakers. They were the kind of people who would un-ironically build bedrooms on Tower maps to role-play banging. which actually now that you mention it...

Posting in language:

• Wait, wait, wait... I thought the banging thing was an isolated, a sort of horrifying thing that only happens once. You're telling me there was more then one server for that shit?

Posting in language:

After a certain point, that’s all it was.

Posting in language:

• What the actual -blam!-.

Posting in language:

Yeah, after a while, it seems like the only people left playing Reach were edgy role playing teens. They’d form shitty UNSC clans to “raid” each other’s shitty bases or sit in AssTower maps for hours on end. Custom Games lobbies turned into Google Hangouts. They were fun to troll, but damn was it hard to find a good lobby.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon