JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

6/7/2019 4:26:56 AM
So, if the practical meta is largely unchanged in terms of how endgame (broadly speaking) content is approached and what exotic armor people are choosing, that suggests what we have from Bungie is a failure of design. I suspect the root of the issue is that, at least as far as PvE is concerned, super energy recharge simply vastly outperforms any other stats that exist, so without Bungie making a more meaningful effort to more deeply redesign exotics to make them more attractive or simply rebalance how exotic armor benefits players, it’s difficult to see overly positive outcomes here other than simply trying to reign in player power for the sake of easier content difficulty tuning for the designers. In short, and unsurprisingly, your findings seem consistent with what an observer of Bungie’s sandbox handling would expect: they’ve made adjustments to only a narrow piece of the sandbox when actually attempting a meaningful and full solution to the sandbox problems requires targeting a much wider slice.
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by Sinisis: 6/8/2019 1:38:39 PM
    I would like to agree with your speculations about Bungie's intentions but the facts point to the contrary. Jotun is SUPER OP! Outbreak is OP. 1k Voices...OP. Arbalest ... OP. All the recent exotics, from season of the Drifter are OP (for the most part). Bungie's pattern of releasing OP exotics, while nerfing previous ones, with new seasons/dlcs in order to lure in fish-memory or naive players is very much in effect. I can guarantee that Jotun, Arbalest, and possibly 1kV will get nerfed, but ONLY after the next waves of exotics are released with the new dlc. There is a level of insanity or perhaps delusion in seeing Bungo repeat the same nerf pattern year in and year out and STILL believe that somehow they seek "balance". It hurts me to say it, but they're playing a psychological game of conditioning with us that most haven't caught on to.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• I mean instead of nerfing exotics so none of them feel like anything more than a legendary they could of redesigned/buffed the under used ones. Oh wait Buff isn't in Bungie's vocabulary.

Posting in language:

• Well said.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon