JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
6/4/2019 8:59:34 PM

Pursuits UI update not great on console

Unnecessarily slow to navigate now. Seems like it might be ok for PC though.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Agreed, its really annoying and takes forever to load.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I'll let the team know the community has lot of feedback on the pursuits tab. Let me know what you like and don't like about it, and what changes you would like to see in the future.

Posting in language:

65 Replies
    • the pursuits tab is ion the wrong place. It is not map or destination. It should be place the same location as inventory character position. why is it so large? It takes up the whole screen. what a waste of space and always defaults to the "none" fiilter. why can it not remember "quest?" altogether a poor design decision. Add to the connectivity issues and bungie silence on every issue other than generic nonsense esponses to questions, offers that Bungie/Bungo are in serious trouble. redo or delete Bungie. Fail. i want my money back.

Posting in language:

• I don't like it. More clicks to get to the same thing as before and too slow. Feels worse, not better.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
      • I still catch myself going into the original area for my bounties when I complete them. Very annoying.

Posting in language:

• Go to inventory Temporary confusion Sigh Go to director Go to Pursuits Wait 10 minutes for it to load Confused by horrible organization Find what I’m looking for Repeat.

Posting in language:

10 Replies
        • feels cluttered and slow.. geared to pc it may be great but, to many things geared to pc and the game moves away from console fun. look at how many teams have beat the new raid.. all on pc.. thats not a coincidence.. game is for user friendly on pc than console where we are encumbered with slow load screens etc.

Posting in language:

9 Replies
          • I feel like it's good, but there's some things that need to change. It should be more like how it was in Destiny 1, where we had quests and bounties separate. Currently it feels very disorganized.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
            • On PC it's going to run faster. PCS generally now have hybrid solid States or just regular solid States so any game is going to run faster. I believe if your console has a solid state hard drive in it then the game will have reduced loading times.

Posting in language:

• I'm on PS4 pro...and I'm not having any loading issues. Memory problem for the standard machines?

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • Its annoying on the pc too

Posting in language:

• Awful tbh. It’s like they don’t think about Xbox or PlayStation players and we make the majority of the playerbase (nothing against PC players).

Posting in language:

• It's not good at all. I hope its put back.

Posting in language:

• Edited by SMX87: 6/5/2019 2:17:55 PM
                Not ok on PC, it looks horrible especially on 21:9 resolutions. [url=https://old.reddit.com/r/destiny2/comments/bx27ws/had_a_go_at_creating_a_new_pursuits_tab_i_think/]Here is a superior[/url] version mocked up by a reddit user.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                • Edited by Fixxxer: 6/5/2019 8:11:25 AM
                  Why the -blam!- didn't they just move the pursuits page to the menu like we had in D1? Why are simple things so hard for these idiots to do?

Posting in language:

19 Replies
                  • No its even worse on PC. While it is faster to load in general, to navigate it on keyboard is mind boggling. They did not add the ability to shortcut it on keyboard which is already stupid but they set 2 different controls to navigate it, it requires you to use the WASD to get to the tab and then to go to the next page you have to use the up,down, left, right keys at the bottom right of the keyboard. Its -blam!-ing atrocious like why would anything require two separate parts of the keyboard when you already have your hand on the mouse to click or hover over a item? I hate it. So you just use the mouse to navigate and it takes alot longer then using a keyboard just because its less confusing.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • Went back to D1 during maintenance and the UI significantly faster. D2 allows us to collect 63 bounties now, but only allows to track 3? Pfff..

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • Edited by Racebum: 6/5/2019 3:32:00 AM
                        Terrible on PC too. Big giant boxes you have to look around for what you're looking for. Was much better before where you could see bounties at a glance. Really hate the restyled pursuits tab Extra space. Great. Giant tabs. Terrible. Simply adding on to what was would have been great

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                        • Edited by CookieNiki: 6/5/2019 7:09:17 PM
                          A complete useless change. [b]Much slower and much more confuse[/b] to find what we want. Also it's completely out of place. Completely. It's the perfect example of "if it's not broken don't fix it".

Posting in language:

8 Replies
                          • It didn’t change the amount of bottoms to get there, looks less organized, takes longer to load, and takes up 2 pages instead of one. No clue why they though it was a good change.

Posting in language:

• I checked it out and was vaguely irritated by the extra clicks to get there but I can deal with it. Single page, bigger buttons... eh, ok. Then I went to the tower and got my bounties... Oh good holy Christ, we have to tab through [i]pages[/i] of bounties now? The bigger buttons are [i]terrible[/i]. They seriously need to go back to the smaller icons, the UX in the new design is really just [i]awful[/i].

Posting in language:

• new pursuits location is a frigging NIGHTMARE , and aside from that horrible location choice it is ALSO freaking slow as heck to navigate. Whoever thought this up needs to be fired. And their boss.

Posting in language:

• Loading times on console are horrible.

Posting in language:

• i don't like the new system at all. it works, but it's slower and the old layout was better. i like that they give us more spaces. but i don't like it now being on 3 different pages . i stack up dreaming city bounties/ ada1 bounties/ other bounties for the 20 for Ikora...... so that when reset hits.... i've got enough to turn in immediately. before you could just pull up the menu and instantly see all completed bounties. i could say yep, i've got 8 DC bounties, 7 Forge bounties, and at least 5 others. now i have to go page by page looking for them, since it doesn't sort them together.

Posting in language:

• After they went for our exotics, they looked at what we valued next and nerfed that too.

Posting in language:

• Why can’t we hotket the persuits page to a button, dpad?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                            You are not allowed to view this content.
                            ;
                            preload icon
                            preload icon
                            preload icon