JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.
5/30/2019 10:51:34 PM

Reminder to Bungie that Off-topic is also your player base

I Play Density

Halo Holdout

I Do Not Play Density Anymore/Ever

Recently I know that Bungie has gotten tired of Off-topic being [i]hostile[/i] to the [i]player base[/i]. While the rules are determined by Bungie, and they can do virtually whatever they want, we want to remind you that Off-topic is also your player base. Many of the users who joke about "salt mines" or invasions actually play Density 2. Many, if not most, do not, but still, everyone of us has bought, rented, or borrowed D2 at some point to get in here, making us all your player base...your children. [spoiler]Brought to you by Xombie and Ring[/spoiler]
English
#Offtopic #Rl77

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by GabyDo: 5/31/2019 2:17:24 AM
    I play Density. A lot. D1 too Density changed my life. I’ve lost weight, somehow began writing again, and fell for OffTopic, all since discovering D2 and it’s players (toxic as they can be)

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

3 Replies
    • I got D2 via gameshare, so I figured "eh, might as well play it and see if they fixed what they -blam!-ed up in D1". For a while, it seemed like they did. But then, of course, worthless expansion after worthless expansion came out. Glad I got into Monster Hunter. It finally got me out of Density. Hopefully permanently, presuming I don't miraculously get the 3rd installment for free like I did this time.

Posting in language:

• Edited by fieryhotChipotle: 6/5/2019 4:55:59 PM
      I really loved what Bungie used to be. Check out some of their documentaries and other video documented footage. Especially when they were based in Chicago. Bunch of friends making games because they had a vision and passion. They were just different and better than other game studios, even when they were working under msft. With activision, they pretty much started going full corporate. Now to me they’re just like any other game studios. Only this one had an authentic and rich history with its own culture. I feel there’s no reversing the course they’re on, making the past irrelevant. I guess I stick around and interact with the company for old times sake.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • Halo has its own website. [spoiler]You wouldn’t understand, it’s a Halo thing.[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

4 Replies
        • There’s just something about the damn game that I love, regardless of how much cash they try to milk out of us with nerfs and microtransactions

Posting in language:

2 Replies
          • Okay Density is cool and all but did y'all hear about the Reach Remaster?

Posting in language:

• Wrong, I just played the demo as I'll do when reaching whatever stupid level in D3 becomes the next prerequisite for accessing this dump.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • Offtopic is like a sanctuary to me, as a density player who really itches to see how toxic the whining/complaining stuffs are in the density forum, so here I come to offtopic, to calm my mind and reach my Zen

Posting in language:

• It's very unfortunate, most of us play density and can hold civilised discussions, but we stay in the place where you can't talk about density. So bungie is left with the uncivilised salt miners for opinions, who fail to see the difference between constructive feedback and complaining/whining (most of them that post at least)

Posting in language:

3 Replies
              • Edited by Orcinus Orca: 5/31/2019 11:15:55 PM
                Where did Bungie complain about our hostility?

Posting in language:

Gragink-Tilman G
                Gragink-Tilman G

Becoming legend. - 9/15/2019 6:48:08 AM

Ironically the people here play destiny while the people complaining in the destiny forum do not.

Posting in language:

• They banned everyone that didn't play Destiny. Even some of the most veteran members of this site and former mods. So you cant really be a member here and not play Destiny, or at least have played it before.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                • Is Density similar to Destiny, just more compacted volume? Sounds cool.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • 68% of you disappoint me

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • i play it casually. almost got one character to max light. pissed that i forgot to get my geomags from xur a couple weeks ago, so warlock is still on the shelf. still waiting for a nice big drop of actual story content and lore. and for them to stop nerfing things. and for them to remove enhancement cores from infusion.

Posting in language:

• Ok, where do I fit? Fell in love with Halo the moment I saw it, but couldn't make my hands work with gamepads, so gave away my Xbox (and Halo). Bought Halo 1/2 on PC upon release, now waiting for MCC release in Steam. Played Destiny 2 quite intensively (4+ hours a day) until... Until game seriously overstayed my patience with not giving me loot I think I earned (extrapolating other loot I got). So since May I don't play (unless you count Allegiance reward/Xur stuff as playing).

Posting in language:

10 Replies
                      • Part of me wants to play, while the other part of me says nah play D1 and wait for a remastered version

Posting in language:

• I made the mistake of buying Density 2. I still have it, even tried playing it one day but the servers kept crashing on me so I eventually gave up all together. But the point still stands, many of us are just joking (although I don't know that entirely, but since nobody from Density came here to complain about offtopic I'd say many of us are just goofing off, but I can't say for certain).

Posting in language:

• Yeah we still play, we just hate the D2 community. Offtopic is bettr

Posting in language:

• I feel like talking about density has some weight to it. It might be a heavy subject. We should not think too lightly about density. [spoiler]Ok I will leave now please don't kill me ; :-p[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • Halo holdout

Posting in language:

• I am both a Halo Holdout and I do not play Destiny anymore. 3 weeks after the last DLC I was done. Then again, I only last about 3 -4 weeks after every Destiny release. It is just so terrible for solo players who wisely abstain from their decrepit host based match making. The PvE aspect is all grind and nonsense "nether world" BS to try to do anything. It is just no fun at all.

Posting in language:

• [i]I officially quit playing Density in January due to frustrations regarding the progression system, and the shitty Enhancement Cores economy. I come to Off Topic to get away from talk about Density, and Bungie.[/i]

Posting in language:

• I don't even own Destiny 2, I just played the demo.

Posting in language:

• I didn’t think 60% would choose “I play destiny”. Something’s strange here...

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                          • i'm not playing Destiny 2 until the final season. i'm just here so i don't get fined. 🤘🏽

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                          ;
                          preload icon
                          preload icon
                          preload icon