JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by dmg04: 5/28/2019 7:22:53 PM

Rivensbane, 1K Voices, & Wish Wall BS

Id like to start by saying that I have my Rivensbane and I'm still disgusted with the drop rate of the 1K and the overall flaw of this raid. Husband and I conquered Petras Run together. I got to pop my shiny new Rivenabane seal. He didn't. The only thing holding him back is, you guessed it, the 1K. Its pretty disheartening to have worked on this seal together and we can't have it together, even though we EARNED it together, solely because of RNG. Every week we do 3 keys for him AND we sherpa a full run for a newbie in the clan. The newbie gets it. Everytime. Its a running joke at this point. (I'm CONVINCED that there is an algorithm to this). Except the joke isn't funny anymore. We know this no-effort 'guardian' who's NEVER done a full start to finish Last Wish [b]and he got the 1k from just farming keys every week[/b]. [b]Not a SINGLE start to finish Last Wish run.[/b] (We tried to sherpa/teach him and he gave up half way through). Meanwhile, my husband sherpas and helps out where he can and still can't get it to drop. That's just ONE example. I don't care if you're that newbie who got it on their first run. If you completed the entire raid, you're good in my book. However, Bungies system is extremely broken and flawed. [b]First: There should have been a stipulation on the Wish Wall. You can't wish to any checkpoints until you have completed AT LEASE ONE FULL Last Wish run, or have reached that specific checkpoint. (Ex: You and your team make it to Vault, but the week ends. Next week, you can wish UP TO the Vault encounter). Isn't that how most games work? Can't go to a checkpoint you haven't reached yet? What other game or raid do you know of where you can just WISH to the boss without ever getting up to it first?[/b] [b]Second: Petras Run should have rewarded the 1K upon completion and popping the triumph. Period. Its horseshit that there are people who haven't even done a full Last Wish and are running around with the 1K, but the guy who's done a Petras can't get it. Complete BS BUNGO. [/b] I know there are many of you out there who are in the same boat and I feel terrible for you all. You worked so hard and have nothing to show for it, meanwhile people no-effort their way through and get it. I doubt Bungie will do anything about it, but let's hope that in the future this BS doesn't happen again. Good luck to everyone still struggling to get it. It must be really discouraging for Destiny veterans and sherpas like my husband who keep getting shafted left and right. [spoiler]I love Destiny as a game and as a story, but EFF YOU BUNGIE.[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

Thanks for your story. Moving forward, the team is putting much more focus on challenges for titles, rather than RNG rewards. Over the course of development, there were notes on the Season of Opulence title to be aware of feedback over this as well. Last season, we increased the drop weights for various rewards tied to titles as well.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

103 Replies
    • I haven't farmed for this because I'm aware of how the experience would be; I'm sorry to hear this is still happening to people.

Posting in language:

• I have alot of people in my old clan that have ran Last wish over 50 times and still haven't gotten 1k voices. I spoke to a few of them a week and still dont have it. When they weren't on, I'd run it with randoms. On my 13th go, I got it. Love the weapon. A random I ran with had double completions than I had and still never got it. Yes, doing a challenge like that and even upping the difficulty and actually completing the raid should reward you. I could never stand running with someone who doesnt want to learn the mechanics of a raid. If they want to learn, then I'll explain it to the best of my ability. And I never have a problem helping people out with a raid, as long as I'm not doing something. Sorry to hear about your husband not getting a weapon hes been busting his ass off to get. I also know they're people out there who run a raid once, get the weapon that everyone else goes for and doesnt play the raid ever again. And for the most part, asking that particular person to lend a hand, they wont.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • That sucks! My buddy actually got 2 in one go! He even screenshotted it as well. One 1K from each chest he opened, it was ridiculous!

Posting in language:

3 Replies
        • I fell you pain here, a raid weopon should be a quest line not RNG, it should be a test of skill in the raid.

Posting in language:

• Your husband isn’t the only one suffering from rng, my good friend has ran over 60+ LW full runs and hasn’t gotten 1k. He’s the same guy who single handedly taught me how to run LW, and after 4 hours of me screwing up and at least 15 different randoms, i opened my first 2 LW chests to get the curated scout and 1k. It killed his spirit, it truly did. To see some newbie get his most sought after weapon in 1 go. What made it even worse is that i didn’t even know what it was at first, i just got happy about some powerful gear. After i learned what it was, and how rare it was, i made a pact with him. I love running LW and i owe it too this guy for this fun weapon. So i decided to be his permanent raid buddy. If he was running it, i would be right there with him. Months go by, no luck with his 1k. New raid comes out and we agree to start running SotP too. But week by week no 1k wore him down, and eventually, he had enough. He stopped raiding all together, even after the ‘drop rate’ buff. I hope he comes back for this new raid soon. And i hope your husband gets his well deserved reward soon enough.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • -blam!- One Thousand Voices, I’m still tryna get the Dreaming City Sparrow for my Cursebreaker title. [spoiler]RNG Titles are BS[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • 30 odd clears, 3 1K voices, just sounds like bad luck on your Husbands part 😬

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • I do Wish with the same group of friends pretty much every week. None of us really have the patience or time to go for Rivensbane, we just run it for fun and stuff, and occasionally carry new clanmates. Of the six of us, two have yet to get 1k, two have gotten it twice, and two have gotten it three times. It’s become a running joke at this point that someone will get their 5k before the others get one. They seriously need to add some smart loot that (preferably) slightly ups your chances of getting it each time you don’t if you haven’t gotten one before, because I honestly feel bad my friends have gone three seasons missing out on arguably the most unique weapon we’ve had yet because of Bungo’s crap RNG system.

Posting in language:

• Edited by lucky4783: 6/7/2019 8:01:39 AM
                Three full seasons a Petra's Run and 76 chests opened and still no 1KV. I love the grind but at this point I'm tired of it. It really does need RNG protection.

Posting in language:

• I haven't played since February. Guarantee if I did the raid right now it would drop. Lmao

Posting in language:

• I know that feel all too well, i only just got my 1k recently and therefore my title.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • Gonna have to disagree with you on the Wishing Wall bit. Last Wish is a long raid and a major time investment. This game needs direct routes to engage with the content you want; the Wishing Wall allows for that. What if a player wants to just play Morgeth every week? Should they be forced to play all the previous encounters? I get where you are going with your train of thought, but I think that an alternate option needs to be found - one that doesn’t penalize people for wanting to play certain content over other content. Let’s be honest, this game already makes us play enough content that we don’t want to, there is no need to add more to that list.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                  • I don’t like the D2 raids, but that sucks.

Posting in language:

• Yeah, one of the last things that made me stop playing was seeing all my friends get 1K voices like candy while I felt like the game secretly hated me.

Posting in language:

• Same boat here, over 100 chests opened , all challenges done for Rivensbane and still no 1K Voices . Running joke in my clan that I co founded , Sherpa new guys thru every week also and have watched over 50 people in my clan get it besides me. Frustrating is an understatement at this point

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • I got it on my 35ish run 1 full raid and 2x riven cheese

Posting in language:

• I feel you I got it on my 40th clear through last wish

Posting in language:

• Your husband deserves mine, if only there was a gifting system in this game*nudge nudge bungie*

Posting in language:

• Just got 1k today. Did SoTP before and got the curated threat level and curated fusion rifle. Got 1k at the same time as a curated chattering bone. #mytenthrun

Posting in language:

• Edited by ValorInDarkness: 5/28/2019 11:14:15 PM
                      Why is it when I look at your profile it comes up no activities found for bungie activities and comes up no charicters on game history also no raid report history and I double checked to see if it would let me send you a clan invite and wonders behold player does not have any destiny account Obviously this is a troll or they dont want any hate going to there psn xbox or pc account so they are using a second account

Posting in language:

15 Replies
                      • Edited by XxFILOVIRIDAExX: 5/29/2019 9:02:19 PM
                        It was the same thing with the milfoclast and the orb thing for the necrocasm in D1. Alot of people stopped playing the game due to the nonsensical drop rates. I used to sherpa alot and my clanmates would be on 20+ clears and not get certain drops while someone we where teaching would get the drops their first run.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                          Hope he gets it soon. as I have yet to do last wish can't really relate to the feeling.

Posting in language:

• I don't understand the problem with indeed just having it so that the petra's run rewards 1k voices no questions asked. This should be the case for scourge as well, the like a diamond triumph should reward anarchy no matter what.

Posting in language:

• There’s really no excuse for it. One of my clan mates had gotten 1K four times in her ten total completions. It is absurd that there seems to be zero interest in creating a better system.

Posting in language:

• How will he get through this terrible time in his life?!?!

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                          You are not allowed to view this content.
                          ;
                          preload icon
                          preload icon
                          preload icon