JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

5/27/2019 1:16:31 PM
A simple answer to all this is, matchmaking. There is no reason these raids have no matchmaking.
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• agreed , no matchmaking in a online game is the worst game design ever

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• I know for a fact that it wouldn’t work. Why, may you ask? Simply take a look at Reckoning. And that’s a 4-player activity. Add two more randoms to the mix, increase the difficulty by a million and you’ve got a recipe for a disastrous raid. I don’t even know how this new 6-player activity is gonna go when it’s already difficult to get 4 players working together.

Posting in language:

• [quote]A simple answer to all this is, matchmaking. There is no reason these raids have no matchmaking.[/quote] I honestly hope they implement this. I can’t wait for the retort posts about trolls,afkers, potato players, no mics, And obnoxious kids that think every roll they get is a “god roll” (with perks like shank burn) that you’re stuck with and can’t remove from the FT! Good Luck with that dumpster fire.

Posting in language:

• Said nobody ever.

Posting in language:

• Wow how wrong you are. Matchmaking would be a shit show

Posting in language:

• Theres a very good reason. If you cant put a team together you sure as shite cant raid efficiently.

Posting in language:

• Matchmaking for raids with be hilarious. People going in without mics, or to purely troll. It would be one hot mess.

Posting in language:

• You know I only want them to add match making for raids just it can crash and burn, then maybe just maybe idiots like you will finally shut up about it.

Posting in language:

• When WoW added this to their game they stagnated in subs and have been declining ever since and with WoW classic coming out and the game is really high in popularity on twitch the numbers speak for themselves. Also matchmaking would be a shitshow for raids anyway people without the right gear not high enough light to do specific cheeses not having the right class composition the list goes on and on just find and lfg discord for your platform it allows you to be more specific as to want you want/need in a group.

Posting in language:

• The problem with matchmaking for raids is that it's a sound idea [i]in theory[/i] but the reality is that it's a very bad idea. For Raids, if you haven't completed the raid you're going into, you need someone who's not only willing to teach but is actually capable of properly explaining the mechanics for each section. It sounds simple, but explaining something in a way that everyone understands is vastly different from explaining it in a way that only makes sense to you. Success is heavily dependent on communication and one person not communicating can ruin the whole thing.

Posting in language:

• Y'all want matchmaking in raids but in reckoning where the bare minimum of teamwork is required, its "too hard" without a premade fireteam?

Posting in language:

• It depends on how you look at it. There’s technically no reason not to have matchmaking. It’s not like it’d be impossible to add matchmaking. However, there are very strong arguments against matchmaking, which are likely the reasons why we don’t have it.

Posting in language:

• I think people should have to complete every encounter once to unlock matchmaking for that raid. Boom. Easy fix.

Posting in language:

• I’ve seen plenty of people with completions who would be a nightmare to have stuck on your team by matchmaking.

Posting in language:

• If it’s optional, then that’s on you. With one completion at least they’re familiar with what’s going on.

Posting in language:

• I would certainly beg to differ on that. I’ve seen clueless people with at least one completion.

Posting in language:

• Well, they'll have more experience than a person with no completions; and that's a fact.

Posting in language:

• Yes, but that experience can vary from a useful amount to an absolutely useless amount.

Posting in language:

• That's what LFG is for. Not matchmaking.

Posting in language:

• I know that. That’s why even with matchmaking, I’d still use LFG. That being said, I can still express my views that matchmaking would be an awful idea.

Posting in language:

• And a lot of people prefer matchmaking. Not only your preference matters.

Posting in language:

• People prefer matchmaking for things that it already exists for. People cannot say for certain that they prefer something that doesn’t exist, like raid matchmaking is Destiny 2. Also, not once have I said that only my preference matters.

Posting in language:

• We'll only know if matchmaking happens. I get a tone that you're against what other people would like to see in the game, so that generally means "I'm right, you're wrong." Just let it happen and if it doesn't work then it will go away like guided games did. It will be effortless for Bungie to add matchmaking. They've been doing it since 2004.

Posting in language:

• I’m not against what other people would like to see, just some of it. That includes things like raid matchmaking, and removing enhancement cores from infusion. If you’re looking for a reason for that, it’s not the whole “I’m right, you’re wrong” idea, it’s probably because I take advantage of the adequate LFG features we already have, and haven’t had issues with cores. Nothing more, nothing less.

Posting in language:

• Your mentality is "I don't have a problem with it, so nobody has a problem with it." Give the game room to grow because it's far from perfect for a lot of players. Good things stay and bad things go. Just look at trials. Matchmaking isn't going to get rid of LFG BTW. Just look at comp and reckoning.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon