JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: Nerfing Luna's Howl Thoughts D2
5/24/2019 3:27:23 AM
Just to clarify, 150's can 3 tap to the head anyway as long as you're in range so there is nothing to worry about that part but luna would still need a buff so it wouldn't be in not forgotten's shadow.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Luna's Howl [i]is[/i] supposed to be in Not Forgotten's shadow... There's a reason why you get one at Fabled and have to make it to Legend for the other.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by Im Not A Robot: 5/24/2019 6:24:42 AM
    I think he meant that Luna's Howl still needs a buff so it wouldn't be completely useless against the Not Forgotten. So far it's either the Ace of Spades or the Luna's Howl that are the only counters against Not Forgotten. He's saying in other words, if those two hand cannons are nerfed, there will no longer be a counter hand cannon against Not Forgotten. Of course, Not Forgotten should always be better than the twin baby brother, therefore, Luna's Howl being in Not Forgotten's shadow, but that doesn't mean the twin brother should NOT have a chance against Not Forgotten and become completely outclassed by it. As of right now though, it's really only a counter if the Luna's Howl is in the right skilled hands. And that's the way it should be. But if it's nerfed too much compared to the Not Forgotten, it'll lose that skill requirement and basically WILL be outclassed by it no matter what. This means, if your opponent(s) on the other team have the Not Forgotten and are JUST skilled enough and say you only have Luna's Howl with all the skill you need, no matter how good you are, that opponent will always beat you in that gunfight giving you ZERO chance to win, therefore will cause chaos around crucible and deranks across the board not due to skill.. but to unfairness. That's NOT what we want at all. Not Forgotten will always have an edge on Luna's Howl.. but should not by all means.. become completely useless against it.

Posting in language:

• I'll fortunately be able to actually try LH before and after the nerf (got to 1998 Glory this week and gonna let weekly reset get me rest of the way to Fabled), but I think the status quo will remain the same. As long as the players aren't trying to use LH outside of its intended range, it will still come down to who can hit those 3 shots first. But again, I personally have zero experience except for going against these guns, and there are relatively few spots that NF can flex its Range stat over LH.

Posting in language:

• True that. It all comes down to who's the faster player in this scenario. I hope that one day I'll get that beast of a hand cannon so I wouldn't be so handicapped with range. But as long as I got the skill, speed, and coordination, I'm sure I can make it on the road to NF. Wish me luck.

Posting in language:

• Good luck! I'd probably shoot for NF next season, but I hate round-based gametypes. So I tend to stay away from Comp. Only reason I went for it this season is because I really wanted Recluse.

Posting in language:

• Agreed.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon