JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
5/23/2019 1:41:30 AM

If it's not a bother could you at least start Comp games with 8 players?

3 games today and 3 games I got -blam!-ed in the ass by starting one down. Seriously, wait that extra minute so one team isn't just -blam!-ed. It's pretty -blam!-ing hard to get fabled if I lose every -blam!-ing game before it even -blam!-ing starts.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Honestly, I think they always start with eight people in the lobby. It's just that players often leave or get dc'ed during the fly-in.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Depending on the game mode being down a person is an advantage

Posting in language:

• This would involve making changes to the crucible, which as you know is against policy, so... no.

Posting in language:

• You should specify 2 teams of 4. Playing 3v5 is not fun.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
    • Edited by funkyzeit1809: 5/23/2019 1:25:27 PM
      Took a break from comp, played gambit,same shit, every match we were 3v4, when I say every I mean at least 20 so far.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • Edited by Prof Sheitbag: 5/23/2019 4:36:14 PM
        Comp games that start with less than 8 should not count overall regarding wins/loss or points. Simple. If someone leaves they should be penalized, but the rest of the team should not suffer because of their decision. Same with Bungie's matchmaking - if you are in solo que and Bungie MM system puts you on a team of only 3, you should not be penalized for a poorly designed system. Nor should the other team be given an advantage just because Bungie's MM is crap. It is equality of opportunity, folks: if people are at a severe disadvantage from the start, then it is not "competitive". Even if they are able to pull out a win, it does not mean what was participated in can be classified as a fair, competitive event. [b]EDIT[/b]: To clarify as I realized this was not - I only think matches [b][i]starting[/i][/b] with less than 8 should not count, not if someone decides to leave mid-match. That sucks as well, but there was opportunity there to turn it around - that individual giving up is not the other team fault either. I am talking about when you are flying in, you have 8 people in the lobby, but when the game actual starts it's now 3v4 (or in my case a few times, 1v4). That is (generally) a case where someone was checking the other team, saw it was a full stack or someone was going full meta-ham and decided to bail out before landing. So, just to be clear, if you are getting stomped and someone leaves, that sucks but take your beating. If you find yourself dropping into a game at the jump that is 3v4, 2v4 or 1v4, then no that should not count. No points for anyone.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
        • Its because all competitive players are in quick play curb stomping the rest of us.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • You make some valid points seano77 and i agree that eververse must be removed from this game but, Whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars. So let's get to taking out their command, one by one. Valus Ta'aurc. From what I can gather, he commands the Siege Dancers from an Imperial Land Tank just outside of Rubicon. He's well protected, but with the right team, we can punch through those defenses, take this beast out, and break their grip on Freehold

Posting in language:

3 Replies
            • Get a team. This is caused by people leaving right when the match starts.

Posting in language:

• This occurs not because of bungie but because of players (I’m not trying to defend bungie I just want to explain why this happens) Matchmaking finds enough people for two full teams and at the very last second (right as it is about to start) someone backs out but the starting sequence has already begun.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • I f*cking hate Countdown.

Posting in language:

• How is it bungies fault that people quit before a match starts?

Posting in language:

8 Replies
                • Somebody run down stair and unplug the toaster that does Prime matchmaking and plug it back in. 3 games straight without full teams.

Posting in language:

• See what happens is people whine about not loading fast enough and then people -blam!- about missing people if you cant give a helpful solution then please just shut up what do you think is more frustrating having 1000 people hate mail skull fuxk you or someone leaving a game early yes everyone knows there are issues everywhere and i dont understand why they make it seem like they listen to there community there is such a huge disconnect between The Dev Team and Destinty Community but going on the forums just to vent is understandable but at least be constructive doing so.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • Make a Lfg team then and if you wont why the hell did you start a game thats online only and needs corporation between individuals through 70% of its content.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Elno: 5/23/2019 10:20:43 PM
                    If you played in a 4 stack this would NEVER happen. This isn't a game issue it is entirely a personal decision. Edit: wow you guys have just gone off the rails. Let me be clear that the gameplay balancing problems (ex. Heavy ammo) with comp are entirely bungie's fault. But, just as it is important to note what needs to be changed it is also important to realize what does not need to be changed (so we don't waste the devs time and stress them out over a player issue). Just becuase destiny 2 isn't an esports ready title (Outside of scrims) currently doesn't mean we can't balance the comp playlist towards something that is actually competitive (I'm actually not sure why this is so hard to comprehend). Providing an easier experience for <4 stacks (a stack ≠ a stacked team btw) by limiting matchmaking to similarly sized fireteams or even including a rumble playlist is inherently anti competitive. If you add multiple different matchmaking filters within one queue or another playlist players (self included) will always find the easiest route, which will definetly be even less competitive than the 4v4 hellscape we have right now.

Posting in language:

20 Replies
                    • Ahhh, fellow console player. Do yourself a favor and buy yourself a XIM adapter...like half the console comp population already.

Posting in language:

• Thats due to people queue dodging stacks. Unfair opinion and would force people to accommodate but they need to do a trials like pre-made team queue so there won't be any excuses or exploits. Sorry this happened to you and if I'm wrong still nobody deserves to go through that.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                      • Edited by The_Dusty_Potato: 5/23/2019 1:49:11 AM
                        It just shows how pathetically low the crucible population is. If you don't want to wait 15-30 minutes for a single match, then we have to play uneven games [b][i][u]AND[/u][/i][/b] against players from Asia, South America, and the Moon in the same lobby. Why else do you think every single quest for the past 6 months forces people to play shitty crucible and risk a time-out when bungie's own infrastructure collapses on itself?

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                        • Have to find them first....

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                          • Edited by rodnee king: 5/23/2019 6:48:13 PM
                            Wish I could post a screen shot for my last game. I was paired up with 3 other randoms and a 2-stack. Instead of making it 3v3 they put the 2-stack on a team with 2 of the other randos making is 4v2. Had a solid game but still got slaughtered. Lost my 3-game win streak bonus and the points for losing a match. If they are going to remain this lazy in fixing their matchmaking then they should stop locking the best guns behind bounties that require a mix of skilled play and fair matchmaking.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                            • I've just had the same issue, 2 matches in a row with the same clan team opponents and it didn't even give me a 4 player team for the last one. If your going to deduct from rankings for loses at least give a chance, I don't mind losing a fair match but this just makes me stop playing

Posting in language:

• It's hard to start with 8. The other 39 players still playing, are probably too busy.

Posting in language:

• Im never going hack into comp at the competitive lvl. I dont have all day to train anymore like i did last season. I might maybe do the 2100 but ill never go for legend again. Before i had time to train. Ppl are to good at the top for me to play lol

Posting in language:

• I feel your pain, happened to me multiple times, frustrating as hell. I really enjoyed it when the other team was a sweaty four stack with NFs, so much fun , like being punched in the nut sack, and not just a glancing blow, one of those solid gut deep shots.

Posting in language:

• if it helps ive started a PvP focused clan on PS4 with the goal of acheiving Legend. Ive been Fabled the last 3 seasons and done this season on my own, ive gotten fed up with it. So if you are interested heres my clan page! https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=3768826

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                            ;
                            preload icon
                            preload icon
                            preload icon