Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
5/22/2019 3:00:35 PM

Everyone: STOP THE NERFS! Bungie: Thank you for your feedback but fu*k you

I mean, seriously
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• You make some valid points Centaurus23454 and i agree that eververse must be removed from this game but, Whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars. So let's get to taking out their command, one by one. Valus Ta'aurc. From what I can gather, he commands the Siege Dancers from an Imperial Land Tank just outside of Rubicon. He's well protected, but with the right team, we can punch through those defenses, take this beast out, and break their grip on Freehold

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

4 Replies
    • Omg they only nerfed everything so the raid would be "harder" this company is now even more of a joke.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Prof Sheitbag: 5/23/2019 7:57:10 PM
      COMMUNITY: We hate nerfs! Stop doing them! BUNGIE: So what we are hearing is you like nerfs, and need more of them.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • Not everyone, less than 1% of the playerbase. The game will be fine without them.

Posting in language:

35 Replies
        • They just nerfed power levels for the raid. Just when ya think it can’t get any more hilarious 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Posting in language:

• The nerfs are to prevent power creep, players are to strong that they ignore mechanics. Ever wonder why are greatest threat in reckoning are enemies that push us off. I don't think people understand that power creep is bad for the game.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • vote with your time and money, people these dudes ain’t gonna reply to sh*t

Posting in language:

3 Replies
            • Edited by Erijian: 5/23/2019 9:26:34 PM
              I wouldn't mind the nerfs as much if other items were going to receive buffs.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • No Buffs this coming update. To be honest I'm not surprised. If you are, then you got to start looking at life differently. Well. Hopefully some of you hardcore players won't be on comp anymore so that way I can finally get my recluse

Posting in language:

• The ninjas must be getting soft. I'm truly surprised the left the header lol

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                • The nerfs were planed, most likely because of the next part of this Annual Pass. So this explains to an extent why Outbreak prime quest was added to D2 even though it doesn't belong in this game, it was used as the last mine carrot. It was also a way to say, see, we added a pauls rifle to the unbalanced exotics added to this game like the 10 hand cannons that were more important to the streamers and some PvP gamers. I understand that this game needs its adjustments as all games do especially when it comes to PvP. The problem with nerfing a lot of the time in a game like this is there are 2 aspects of the game and whether the nerf is for PvP or PvE, one side affects the other's experience. Take Truth for an example, a fun weapon to use in PvE and PvP for its time. When Truth was nerfed from 3 to 1 in the tube it ruined the experience mostly for both PvE and PvE because it literally became another weapon thrown in the vault to collect dust. [spoiler]IMO if the nerf was to take it should have been only nerfed to 2 instead of 1, and Bungie could have done as they did with D2, reduce the tracking making things a little bit more of a challenge if that was their goal. What I realized way before D2 released in The Taken King was how Bungie was setting up Rocket Launchers for D2. After D1 y1 Bungie made rockets useless in Ttk forcing gamers to use snipers when Kings fall released until sleeper and Black Spindle etc... but nerfing rockets prior to D2 wasn't enough for them, they created more rockets with 1 in the tube, no tracking, less damage, etc... D2 released and lone behold rockets start getting more nerfs. What I come to find out about all this, as with this recent batch of nerfs is (Bungie likes to control how gamers play their game and what they use.) They just try to put it softly when explaining what they are nerfing even though it's actually rough.[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

• I like how the community twists it. Literally you guys ask for it and Bungie responds with no and you guys think its a big middle finger. You guys don’t have as much control as you think. Just wait for the changes jesus

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                  • Bungie is methodical. They added the "Outbreak prime" quest right before the new content drop, to get us engaged again. If they could just put their marketing people in the content department, they may be onto something. This is just another carrot to chase, to get us all to buy content for Opulence, along with playing it. They don't care about these post. But I bet if we put our money where out mouths were, and stop playing and paying for content, they would. I'm just sayin. I'm guilty of it because I love the game. But at what point is enough....enough?

Posting in language:

• They’ve done this since D1, this is Bungie. There’s no Activision now and it’s abundantly clear that Bungie devs are a bunch of untalented, arrogant -blam!- witts.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                    • Community morale is at an all time low

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                      • I really dislike those nerfs, but there is no reason to insult anybody.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                        • What makes you think it's everyone? The reason why they haven't listened is because it's basically only the people on the forums complaining. It's kind of amusing actually. You all think you're so vast in numbers and have so much control, but really you're very small and weak. Now all I need is popcorn and I would have a new show to watch. 🤣

Posting in language:

22 Replies
                          • Bungie hates their fans and does the opposite of what people want because their angry little nerds.

Posting in language:

• Seriously you need to grow up.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                            • Edited by BRADEN OWNZ: 5/23/2019 5:19:18 PM
                              They're going to make the changes regardless of what the community wants. Personally I think these changes make sense and in the grand scheme of things, aren't even major changes. I've also spent more time developing software and playing games than the vast majority of people who are going to read this. The changes to Sleeper and Ace are a non-factor. The Sleeper change to bounce damage does nothing because the bouncing is a cheesy gimmick and will only be used for cheese. They made the weapon better overall too. There clearly making encounters where Sleeper in it's current state will break them, and the changes don't effect using Sleeper normally. The Ace changes were for PvP and only really affect PvP. All of the other changes effect equipment that break the game. Whisper breaks the game, and will beat out every other weapon in the game over time in terms of overall damage. The ammo economy is one of the ways that weapons are balanced and it's something Bungie wants players to think about when they choose a weapon. Choosing between One Thousand Voices and Sleeper Simulant is an interesting decision because of the ammo economy difference between the two. Sleeper has a much better ammo economy, but isn't as good against mobs. 1K is better against mobs, and does much more damage but you have less ammo available to you. If you give 1K the same ammo economy as Sleeper, it's just straight up better. Why would you ever choose DARCI over Whisper outside of some VERY specific scenarios like speedrunning when Whisper has infinite ammo? You won't. They tried to address Whisper by reducing it's ammo reserves but that only made players never use it outside of when they knew could get infinite ammo. Whisper trivializes a lot of content currently and would in the future if it remains the same. The Insurrection Prime fight is a joke because of Whisper. Try doing this fight in an LFG group using any other weapon and see if it's actually kind of hard. I did it last night with a really good LFG group with a new player and we couldn't make it work. We actually switched to Whisper because we knew we could count on it and basically allowed us to, in essence, circumvent a lot of the challenge of the encounter. As for the changes to exotics, it's sort of the same idea. Skull of Hamkara is straight up ridiculous and everyone knows it. You can kill like 5 thralls and get your full super back. Bungie doesn't want you to get your full super back from using a super because anytime you can do that, it's a gameplay non-decision to do that. If you can cast your super knowing you will get your full super back, not casting the super just means you're playing the game inefficiently. These exotics will still be strong after the nerf because they still give you a lot of super energy back giving you substantially more uptime on your super. It also forces you to think about if you want to cast your super, even knowing you'll get a pretty good amount of energy back. But the affected exotics won't overshadow things like Nez and Verity's anymore. Those can be legitimate options now.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                              • Sorry bud, you don't speak for everyone. These changes are needed so that the game does not become stale and that the space magic fantasy continues to grow. These forums are worthless now. Every other post is some entitled crybaby voicing there useless opinion. OMG, Bungie is changing the way my favorite exotic works. Better jump on the bandwagon with other crybabies so that Bungie will clearly see how mad we are. Bungie this, Bungie that, I hate this game, I am now quitting this game(my fav), and last but not least Bungie is not getting my money! Bungie is listening, Bungie is watching. I mean, seriously

Posting in language:

70 Replies
                                • Sorry, but you don't speak for me. I don't mind the nerfs.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                  • They are really gonna listen to you with a title like that

Posting in language:

• To be fair, a good number of people understand the why about the nerfs (including me to some degree). I mean, it sucks but game design wise, some were needed. Although the white nail perk should be changed to something else cuz rally barricade or lunafaction rift nullifies that perk now.

Posting in language:

• Bungie fanboy/BDF: "OMG YOU -blam!-ING IDIOTS LET GO OF YOUR DAMN CRUTCHES AND GIT GUD"

Posting in language:

• Whisper needed infinite ammo removed but I agree that white nail needs something added to make it worth while like maybe a rapid it type addition? Super gen. Exotics could have had perks tweaked to add more nuance like direskull changed so that each kill with a nova gives a player a stack buff where each kill consumes 1 stack and gives a chunk od super energy. So it CAN reliably allow multiple supers but requires more than using your Super. Apply similar changes to other exotics everybody happy.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                                  ;
                                  preload icon
                                  preload icon
                                  preload icon