JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

5/22/2019 12:33:49 PM
Is it really that hard to use that time in between activities to clean out your inventory, or while getting a fireteam together in the Tower, to take a moment to go through your postmaster? Maybe I'm just innately well-organized and tend to forget others commonly aren't and prefer to have stuff cleaned and organized by others.
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• It's just unnecessary. You have to wonder what type of person it takes to decide to argue against the suggestion. What's the mindset? Also makes me wonder what you bend over and take in real life.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• It wouldn't be that bad if It didn't take a season to load anything

Posting in language:

• I bet if your in-game time was tallied up showing you how long you spent doing certain things you'd have a different feeling about it. If you enjoy those couple of seconds adding up and inevitably accumulating to hours on end of holding your dismantle button, then you're quite the masochist. There's like.. two rares in the game that are good. If you find one and like it, you generally lock it. With the remainder of these useless items... what's the problem with agreeing with a simple solution - such as a toggle to auto dismantle or instant dismantle-on-press?

Posting in language:

• It's a waste of time for the developers to implement this over other areas of the game that need their attention. And no, I'm not a masochist. I just make use of my time once the boss dies or the Crucible/Gambit match ends and start dealing with the added gear I picked up. As for the Postmaster, usually at the end of my play session, I go the tower, turn in tokens, Eververse/Prime Engrams, and clean out my Postmaster before logging off. They even added the ability to dismantle gear without taking it from the Postmaster.

Posting in language:

• Lol, waste of time. We're talking about the same people that implemented the new Banner consumables (Wolf's Favor/Iron Burden) that lasted for four sessions of IB. They're gone as soon as this new season starts. Great use of time. Coding is a hassle, but don't defend the company saying that they can't have a couple of people spend a day to insert code that says "if character is max level and their dropped item is a rare, dismantle prior to pickup". Also - they've got a large enough employee force that they have a few dedicated to QoL improvements. Care to share which fixes and additions they've worked on lately that are groundbreaking and more important? Because I must be missing something.

Posting in language:

• I didn't say that what Bungie HAS implemented in the past was a good/great use of development that brought Destiny 2 to new higher standard. They could allocate the staff and time to implement the auto-dismantle, I'm simply saying they shouldn't. Not when other issues need to be addressed first. Yes, they have somewhere in the neighbourhood of 800 employees. 1. Not all of them are programmers/designers 2. I imagine most of them are working away at the next drop of content. i.e. Season of Opulence touch-ups, Penumbra in September, and possibly that new contract game from a Chinese publisher.

Posting in language:

• To each their own, honestly nothing is happening with enhancement/infusion in the foreseeable future with the exception of the scrapper bounty change. Auto-dismantle has been suggested since Vanilla D1. On and off a big complaint from people is the amount of loading we deal with. Going to to tower to advance a mundane black armory frame pursuit. Going to a planet to go to said forge. Loading up the forge. (One small example) Average loading times across platforms has always been laughably slow given how simplistic our inventories are compared to other MMO/Looter-Shooter style games. As opposed to them making a claim that they're "improving loading times across the board", only to have that last 4 hours then tank into a state worse than how it was pre-update - they could do something like this. One time update rather than 18 attempts at fixing loading times. It doesn't fix the loading times, sure. But it helps alleviate the need to deal with them constantly. And the postmaster thing? That was a welcome addition. But it was still half assed. They easily could've extended the postmaster space notification to let you know outside of the tower. You know, like when you're grinding out an activity and have no need to go there every 30 minutes.

Posting in language:

• Now this just might be me, but I play video games so that I don’t have the stress of having to be organised and needing to complete tedious tasks like dismantling blues. Yes it takes a few seconds but add that to horrible load times snd multiply it by 5 and it becomes a horrible chore...

Posting in language:

• Soooo, wouldn't you just use those 'horrible load times' to dismantle the unwanted gear? Also, is Destiny 2 the only game that has an inventory that fills up with items/gear that isn't useful to you? If so, then I have no argument. Otherwise, inventory management is thing in games like these. I'd also like to know, out of curiosity, why and what cleaning is stressful to you?

Posting in language:

• [quote]Soooo, wouldn't you just use those 'horrible load times' to dismantle the unwanted gear? Also, is Destiny 2 the only game that has an inventory that fills up with items/gear that isn't useful to you? If so, then I have no argument. Otherwise, inventory management is thing in games like these. I'd also like to know, out of curiosity, why and what cleaning is stressful to you?[/quote] Inventory management is something im familiar with sure in the past, however currently no. Also horrible load times may be out if Bungies hand due to console limitations but this is something that can be fixed. Also in previous games i have a choice whether or not I need to pick up gear as opposed to it landing in my inventory

Posting in language:

• I pointed this out elsewhere in this thread: Use the load times to deal with your inventory woes. At least until they, Bungie, actually address the load times. Or rather, IF they address them. As for the choice of picking up gear/items (sorry for the tangent), I feel that's a better fix/addition. A toggle option that affects whether items missed on patrol, strikes, raids, etc. DON'T go to Postmaster.

Posting in language:

• Problem is your inventory takes a good 5 seconds to load and any what’s wrong with “if player is level 50 delete any blue engram below players power level”

Posting in language:

• [quote]I pointed this out elsewhere in this thread: Use the load times to deal with your inventory woes. At least until they, Bungie, actually address the load times. Or rather, IF they address them. As for the choice of picking up gear/items (sorry for the tangent), I feel that's a better fix/addition. A toggle option that affects whether items missed on patrol, strikes, raids, etc. DON'T go to Postmaster.[/quote] Im Sorry, but that last idea is horrible. Imagine running back to back strikes or farming/questing in each location and unknowingly missing Prime and Exotic Engrams. It would be a useless and underused feature like Guided Games.

Posting in language:

• It's not difficult to do but is a quality of life improvement. I've also ran into the problem of having my postmaster full of blues and shaders during long sessions of certain activities.

Posting in language:

• QoL improvement? Sure. Necessary? Not as long as other more pertinent problems plague the game. You do know that you can dismantle gear straight from the Postmaster instead of pulling into your character's inventory first. As for the shader problem, I only keep a maximum of 20 different shaders on my character, usually my favourites. For you to have stocked shaders in your Postmaster means your personal shader inventory is full at most times. Maybe take 5-10 minutes to handle your inventory?

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon