JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

Edited by Odin: 5/19/2019 4:56:15 PM
Odin

As of right now, I'd say yes it is literally pointless other than for gamers to chat with one another. It wasn't as bad as it has been this last year in D2 giving feedback in D1, yes, at times in D1 things were like this but not as consistent as it is now. Why? because at least Bungie was somewhat listening. D2 they dropped it's like they drooped off the face of the earth because they knew they were going to get the backlash on how D2 released and how they are handling this game now. Just have Cozmo and Dmg repeat the same one-liners and call it good. Streamers are their only concern at this moment and they have proven that with the useless "community summit".
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I think Bungie took steps to insulate themselves from community backlash post #removeEververse. They had to. I don’t believe forum community angst is about Bungie listening; it’s for writers and investors, both of which do peruse the forum. Propping up Reddit was a move to insulate their devs and media. Anyone who gets censored there cannot be blamed on Bungie, and the censorship is real. They can’t afford to appear to have lost their community, so they widened it beyond the scope of this forum, though I suspect it isn’t easily defined.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by Kisaragibot: 5/20/2019 8:39:39 PM
    I agree with everything but the streamers, because if no one watches their content they won't make a living. With bungie doing what they are doing they are hurting them

Posting in language:

• You lost me when you said, if no one watches the streamers they won't make a living. This is nothing personal, just saying. Trying to get people to subscribe isn't the only job out there in this would. They can work like the rest of us if they need to make a living. It's called life...

Posting in language:

• Also,if people legitimately enjoy content they put out why should we govern what they enjoy? If they want to support then let them be. It's not hurting anybody, what's happening now would've happened, regardless of streaming. It sucks

Posting in language:

• I think this took a wrong turn. People can do what they want because that had nothing to do with what I was referring to when it comes to this game.

Posting in language:

• Yea for sure, they decided they wanted to do this for a living. You can't chastise someone for doing what they love doing, it's rude. If they get Satisfaction for what they are doing who are we to tell someone else to Stop enjoying their job.

Posting in language:

• I can call anyone out any time I want to that scam kids/teens to make a livin or people like the guy that Bungie allowed to cheated for 4 years until someone actually brought it to a devs face.

Posting in language:

• You do you, far be it from me to judge you

Posting in language:

• It was nothing personal and I know not all streamers are like that, but a lot of them just only care about themselves and people like that do not help this game one bit when it comes to looking at the player base and games best interest.

Posting in language:

• You're right, but something you can apply to a lot in humanity, ya know?

Posting in language:

• I mean if we're being honest, bungie has done more with D2 in response to feedback than they did with D1. . But we can ignore that to follow a narrative

Posting in language:

• The only and I stress only reason they changed anything about D2 in the first place was because it was hurting sales. $$$$$$$$$ are all bungie really care about and as they both use and are used by streamers, they get free advertising and streamers get their subs... the incestuous relationship will never be broken up.

Posting in language:

• Um..... By and large you could make the argument that any company only makes changes because it hurts their sales numbers. Because yes it's true, bungie as a business has the intention of making money Because yes its true, not making requested changes would hurt the game. However, the 2 aren't necessarily connected and causal of one another. Secondly, I keep seeing bungie only cares about streamers. How can that be true when bungie has screwed them over just as much as everyone else? Remember trials? The thing that was streamed daily and was the most streamed thing from this game? Why would bungie remove trials if they cared for all the free adverts from streamers?

Posting in language:

• Because by and large the streamers hated the new trials and team shooting meta that bungie introduced.....go back and see their reviews on it if you don’t believe me. They didn’t find it engaging or popular with their watchers, which dwindled...

Posting in language:

• So they removed it before sandbox changes could be made? And in the process purposefully destroying a huge revenue stream? And then the videos many youtubers have made complaining that trials is gone, those are fake?

Posting in language:

• I disagree, but since we all have our own opinions I'll just agree to disagree.

Posting in language:

• Seriously though, can you imagine the look in Dmgs eyes when the devs handed him the information to be released in this weeks TWaB. Or the absolute feeling of dread that went through his head? I’m Just saying here, Cozmo, DMG, Deej wherever the -blam!- he’s gone, or if he even still works there anymore, don’t make these decisions. They are only there to pass along info. But this would’ve been like being told the toilets blocked with the worlds worst case of diahhrhoea, go unblock it.

Posting in language:

• You can do a lot from a laptop even in the witness protection programme...

Posting in language:

• Yeah, I'm sure he really agonized over getting that merch sales-plug in there. We just peed on your toys... again. Give us money!

Posting in language:

• Oh, I know Cozmo nor Dmg have any say. I was just saying how Bungie uses them as puppets.

Posting in language:

• Let the tears flow

Posting in language:

• Bungie has basically abandoned D2. The changes they make going forward are nothing more than experiments to see what people will or will not tolerate.

Posting in language:

• D2 the real beta

Posting in language:

• So sad ,but true.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon