JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: The power fantasy is dying.
5/18/2019 5:34:11 PM
Power fantasy is only dying for people who suck at the game. The problem that ya'll are having is the fact that content is not trivialized for people with no thumbs & half a brain now. You can also blame PC players who abuse exotics and mechanics to solo shit that was not meant to be soloed. It's obvious that Bungie does not want shit like Zero Hour, raid encounters, Whisper mission, etc to be soloed. So anything that allows this content to be soloed will get nerfed.
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• But they feature it on their weekly posting. And therefore glamorize such achievements.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• What is it with you elitist asshats? Seriously. You want a challenge? Go outside and put in a full 8-10hr day of actual work. I guarantee, by the time you are finished, you won't be looking for a virtual challenge. You'll be looking to relax and troll smash some aliens on your way to picking up some cool gear. Which is what a solid 90% of this community is looking for. Relaxing Steamrolling aliens Cool gear Not an irritating, artificially drawn out boss fight, where were forced to peck away at his health with weak ass abilities and weapons just for a chance to get what? Another weak ass weapon? Maybe a strong weapon that'll be nerfed anyway. Yeah.......totally worth it dingle.

Posting in language:

• Go get brainjacked by some nice loot boxes. Pretty colors, bright lights, explosions, and a nice loud chaching when you open the box. You're loosening up just thinking about it, huh? I bet you "turn your brain off" and watch marvel movies "to relax" too.

Posting in language:

• Edited by EvrFine: 5/19/2019 2:14:59 AM
    [quote]What is it with you elitist asshats? Seriously. You want a challenge? Go outside and put in a full 8-10hr day of actual work. I guarantee, by the time you are finished, you won't be looking for a virtual challenge. You'll be looking to relax and troll smash some aliens on your way to picking up some cool gear. Which is what a solid 90% of this community is looking for. Relaxing Steamrolling aliens Cool gear Not an irritating, artificially drawn out boss fight, where were forced to peck away at his health with weak ass abilities and weapons just for a chance to get what? Another weak ass weapon? Maybe a strong weapon that'll be nerfed anyway. Yeah.......totally worth it dingle.[/quote] I agree with this, I work 40+ hours a week, and now I maybe play video games for 5 or 6 hours out of the week. I just wanna have fun lol. Doesnt seem like it's much to ask for... I mean, I've had alot of fun with my friends and stuff in the past, it just feels like its slipping.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Dredgen Luna: 5/19/2019 12:39:41 AM
    I work 40 - 60 hour weeks, just completed my masters, and have a social life. And I actually like more of a challenge my guy. Your point?

Posting in language:

• We had that. It was called Curse of Osiris.

Posting in language:

• Well said

Posting in language:

• [quote]Power fantasy is only dying for people who suck at the game..[/quote] This is so far from true. Since they incorporated enemies scaling to your power, power level is just a an entry requirement to access content. The days of being powerful got left behind with Destiny 1. [quote]The problem that ya'll are having is the fact that content is not trivialized for people with no thumbs & half a brain now..[/quote] Reading your statements i quoted above and below I think you fit in this category as well. [quote]You can also blame PC players who abuse exotics and mechanics to solo shit that was not meant to be soloed. It's obvious that Bungie does not want shit like Zero Hour, raid encounters, Whisper mission, etc to be soloed. So anything that allows this content to be soloed will get nerfed.[/quote] Blame PC players? Nice try. People on consoles were abusing exotics and mechanics to solo shit that was not meant to be soloed long before the PC crowd started playing. All of D1 was a massive solo cheese fest in most everything and it wasn't even on PC. Content in D2 was being glitched before it was released on PC. How again can we blame PC players?

Posting in language:

• [quote]Since they incorporated enemies scaling to your power, power level is just a an entry requirement to access content. The days of being powerful got left behind with Destiny 1.[/quote]D1 had the exact same power scaling.

Posting in language:

• [quote][quote]Since they incorporated enemies scaling to your power, power level is just a an entry requirement to access content. The days of being powerful got left behind with Destiny 1.[/quote]D1 had the exact same power scaling.[/quote] No it didn't D1 enemies had set levels. We were health and damage capped and the the health and damage cap was pretty high. Which is why it was easy to solo alot of things in D1 that is more difficult to solo in D2. I used to drop my light level during heroic strikes to get matched with low light people on a regular basis and I was like a God when we landed after equipping my high level gear. You do that same thing in D2 and you get wrecked just as easily as the people you matched with because the enemies scale to you individually. D2 the enemies scale to your level

Posting in language:

• It worked the same way in D1. https://www.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/Levels [quote]Level vs. Damage Test Using the same weapon against the same enemy (Level 24 Acolyte) with only Light Level as the variable. Light 21: 184 damage per shot Light 23: 261 damage per shot Light 24: 383 damage per shot Light 26: 383 damage per shot Light 28: 383 damage per shot Level vs. Damage Scaling Damage Scaling: If you are 4 levels or lower below the enemy: 100% damage penalty If you are 3 levels the enemy: ~52% damage penalty If you are 2 levels the enemy: ~42% damage penalty If you are 1 levels the enemy: ~32% damage penalty If you are 0 levels below or higher than the enemy: 0% damage penalty[/quote]

Posting in language:

• The underlevel is accurate, but not the over level. I know full well if I am a higher level than the enemy I do more damage than if I was the same level. That was proven many times. I don't care what wiki says.

Posting in language:

• Bungie have a really weird power levelling system. As a fire team we did our own experiments. As an example at 695 we could take far more hits and mow through enemies in the begusia forge easily. We used exactly the same loadouts for everything multiple times. At 700 we took a lot more damage and even though our weapons were allegedly doing more damage, the results were less by quite a bit and it also took longer to kill enemies. We did the same for our favourite ogre testing our results...the same.

Posting in language:

• Yup isnt it awesome to gain power and have to use more bullets to kill things instead of less?And it is nowhere near the same outcome in D1. Our light truly made us powerful and not just used as an entry requirement for content.

Posting in language:

• Edited by jvp wrench: 5/19/2019 1:34:59 AM
    Okay, how about a video where a guy uses a level 170 Praedyth's Revenge & a level 330 Glass Promontory & they do the same damage?

Posting in language:

• Of course they would, his light is far above what the recommended light would be. That is what, recommended like light 70 or something if you die?

Posting in language:

• Okay, so how about the same test, but he raises his overall light by 100. Still think D1 didn't scale your power?

Posting in language:

• Out of curiosity I decided to test the 160 with higher armor on and the damages were pretty much the same like what was in the Wiki you linked. Same goes for the 320. I also take more damage each time I raise my light. This is what I was talking about originally. In D1 we take far more damage as a high level guardian than what we do in D2. Why? Because the enemies in D1 have a set level and we gain light for attack and defense up to a maximum cap. In D2 they scale to our level so our power essentially means nothing more than an entrance requirement for content. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=316QKfkLyxA

Posting in language:

• Edited by torch327: 5/19/2019 3:45:17 AM
    That isn't power scaling, that is power capping and there is a big difference. Raising his power didn't do anything to show what I'm talking about. In order to see that the enemies indeed have a set level and we infact get capped you need to be under the cap, I don't remember exactly what we cap at. The examples you linked from Wiki is if you raise your light with armor and keep same weapons and with as old as that is I'm not sure how accurate it is. I did not test that Here is me in Crota pit recommended light 150 At 172 with a 160 hardlight doing 132-137 damage per shot At 191 with a 320 hardlight doing 232-234 damage per shot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaT1u2-vkmg So no, D1 enemies do not scale to us like D2 enemies do.We do however have a cap we hit. I' son't remember what it is for sure, but obviously 172 with a 160 weapon isn't the cap.

Posting in language:

• Cool, now do the same thing in D2 & notice how it works the same way.

Posting in language:

• I don't need to because I know it doesn't. Our damage and health goes up as we level up, but so does the enemies health and damage dealt. In D1 the enemies health and damage dealt stays the same.This is the difference. Since you are too stubborn to see this and just want to argue I am done with this conversation. Have a nice day.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon