JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
5/18/2019 2:30:03 AM

Titans and Auto Rifles are garbage in PvP

Only two competitive classes: Hunters and Warlocks Only two competitive primary weapons: Hand Cannons and Pulse Rifles. This is how Destiny always seems to lean. Why does Bungie bother with anything else if these are the only classes and weapons they care about?
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Only 2 competitive weapon types? Shotguns and fusions are both extremely competitive - for better or worse, shotguns are THE meta weapon. And with the arrival of The Recluse, it’s woken people up that SMGs are killer in crucible as well. And if you get the right roll, I use sidearms as my ape hunters and do fairly well with those. Scouts are the only weapon class that truly should stay away from crucible.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

4 Replies
    • Warlocks are bad in pvp. They are just fancy blimps.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Pocket: 5/19/2019 12:04:50 PM
      Deleted

Posting in language:

• By looking at your stats I can say that youre the problem.

Posting in language:

• DFP is somewhere laughing at this 🤣

Posting in language:

• But what about Titans USING auto rifles? At that point is it so bad that it becomes good? You know, the Snakes on a Plane effect.

Posting in language:

• Inb4 Golden Hunter comes and sees this post

Posting in language:

5 Replies
      • Titans are definitely not garbage in PvP. Endgame PvE activities, yes, definitely need more work.

Posting in language:

• Edited by ccSPiTFiRE79: 5/18/2019 6:08:12 AM
        1.) "Titans are garbage in PVP" - FALSE & what the -blam!- are you're talking about? 2.) "ARs are garbage in PVP" - They are not as good as HCs & PRs, but they are far from garbage & do require just a bit of skill to use ;-) Have you tried SUROS Regime? It's beast for me & I'm just an average Joe when it comes to PVP. [u][b]Good ARs (in my opinion):[/b][/u] Y2: Tigerspite, Hazard of the Cast, Breakneck, Either Doctor, Age-Old Bond, Misfit & Ringing Nail (You must have at least one of these with a solid roll?). Y1: Uriel's Gift, Prosecutor, Last Breath, Dark Decider, Ghost Primus, Guiding Star...hell even Origin Story is good!

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • I suck donkey dick in pvp look at my stats. That being said I got my Luna’s on my Titan and I’m a warlock main.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
          • You could not be more wrong about titans in crucible. Auto rifles? Sure I can believe that. ARs haven't been performing the best, but a few of them stick out and they're pretty decent. Back to the titans, it's not titans being garbage, it's the player not knowing what they're doing with the class that they play. Use the weapons that you want and use the weapons that you're used to, same with the subclasses. You guys have a ohk melee, use it to your advantage. Play around your weapons that you use

Posting in language:

4 Replies
            • How are warlocks competitive? Literally the lowest % of the community uses warlocks. 60% of the community are hunter mains with only 30% being titans and 10% being warlocks

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • Titans have the worst jump in the game. Catapult needs burst you up immediately rather than taking its sweet time. The class ability shield is useless in most situations and needs to be reworked entirely. Perhaps activating their shield grants an overshield on them and nearby allies. Their supers are short lasting, and not tanky enough considering their lack of mobility. And with the exception of OEM their exotics are underwhelming. When it comes to ARs they do not have the aim assist that's remotely comparable to HCs or PRs. They also have way too much of a damage falloff with their range. Not to mention they barely stagger their opponents. And their ttk across the board needs to be improved.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                • Suros Regime is excellent in pvp, homes.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • ARs may be awful at higher-level play, but Titans are by no means garbage for PvP. Though Sentinel's melee hit registration is still lacking, and Thundercrash could maybe do with a speed buff(initial velocity, maintained velocity, faster activation time, etc.). But if anyone's defense for why Titans aren't "garbage" is "SHOULDER CHARGE -blam!- OP -blam!-", they've pretty much given up the argument already.

Posting in language:

• Anateus wards are bugged right now, but when they do work they can do a lot of cool things in pvp. In theory, they're a really strong exotic just like OEM. Code of the missile is also actually a pretty strong class, you have to carry a special weapon but if you do you can pretty frequently pick up essentially a free stack of rampage for all of your weapons. Ballistic slam is also a good melee if you use it right, and thundercrash is a good shutdown super, although not as good as blade barrage. Pulse grenade also is one of the best grenades in the game I believe. I much prefer rift/dodge over barrier but it does work well for blocking off corridors/tunnels/other narrow spaces if you or your teamates are weak and about to be pushed. Rally's good in pve. That's just the subclass I main, I'm sure there's more to say about the class as a whole but while I agree that some subclasses and abilities need a buff I don't think it's entirely inferior to the other two classes. In some aspects it's strong in its own right.

Posting in language:

• Edited by ALPHA_SPARTAN247: 5/18/2019 7:28:01 AM
                    As a titan main, you are only about 1/3 right. Thundercrash needs some help and hamners needs a slight impact damage buff maybe 8 percent or so.

Posting in language:

• With over 600h in the crucible, I can confirm that titans are far from underpowered.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                  ;
                  preload icon
                  preload icon
                  preload icon