JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Kaminoyouni: 5/18/2019 3:23:10 AM

No Hyperbole, This Nerf will Kill Whisper

Click Baity title, I know. So, I recently got through Datto's video discussing the Nerfs, and well It's Hard to argue it, and I strong agree with his position of "WHY DID YOU BRING IT BACK AT ALL". But his Old video on the Damage Comparisons between Whisper and D.A.R.C.I., and concludes that D.A.R.C.I. Simply has more Damage output now, or is going to, rather. And part of why I think this is also gonna kill Whisper, is simple. D.A.R.C.I. is easier to get, and so is it's Catalyst, and said Catalyst is easier to complete, and is more forgiving if you miss shots. The Power Fantasy of Whisper and it's usefulness is about half the reason the community is upset with it's Nerf, the other Half is the Time and Effort we all put in to get it in the first place, On top of Getting it's catalyst AND doing the (Very hard) mission an additional Three times (and for some this was across multiple systems, myself doing PC and PS4) to get it into it's most powerful form. Now it's feels like all that Work is invalidated, for a weapon that can't do as well as something you can get much faster and easier. and all you need is Rally Barricade/Luna's to bypass the need to Reload. As well all this talk of "maintaining a sense of challenge" really doesn't sink in with me.. cause the most challenging part of Raid encounters (which is where the Crux of this argument really lies) is not the Damage phase itself, but doing the mechanics to get to the damage phase in the first place, and everybody tries to do their best to do as few damage phases as possible, which in a lot of cases a lot of people have been doing without Whisper these days, same with other Non-Raid content. And now people are Afraid of that same time/work they put into getting Outbreak Perfected is going to happen all over again, and it make me question if I REALLY wanna go for Outbreak Perfected when Season of Opulance comes out (am only about 670 power at time of this post so am too low to get it)

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon