JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by EvrFine: 5/18/2019 2:43:38 AM

The power fantasy is dying.

As a core player of Destiny I feel like we are becoming too limited in our power fantasy. We loot and shoot for better(ish) gear to come up with some kind of builds and when something steps out of line or becomes popular it gets nerfed to the ground. Why cant players play the way they want to? I understand things have to be fair in PVP, but PVE? Come on now. Sure, it cant get crazy... but nothing is too crazy right now. Can bungie truly afford to disappoint their fan base, their customers..... AGAIN?! Man.... these nerfs are disappointing, surely there could be a better way to balance the game... maybe make your bosses harder? Idk... I'm just left wondering if I'll stick with this game any longer. I love destiny, but I love looting, shooting, and feeling powerful and I feel all of this is fading. Rant done, I hope nothing but success for the franchise, but most importantly its fans!

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• What's really funny is how many times Deej said we want the guardian to feel powerful... yet here we are awaiting massive nerfs... Whatever lmao

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

1 Reply
    • Dying, lmao...it’s dead!

Posting in language:

DRVKC
      DRVKC

I finally have Luna’s Howl - old

Im happy for the nerfs. Now PvE will actually be a challenge. At 700 light everything is a cakewalk.

Posting in language:

• Hype fantasy = betrayal.

Posting in language:

• Eversince skill up made his d2 video I keep seeing "power fantasy" popping up. Not sure everyone gets how subjective it is. And its become just another buzzword to rally behind.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
      • Let's see, 1000 voices, draci, warcliff, anarchy, izanagi's burden, outbreak prime, thunderlord. All amazing in pve. Raids get completed only using rat king, raids have been beaten only using abilities. There are videos of people 1 shoting strike bosses with melee abilities. you can run any story mission, strike, and for some, even raids with literally any load out as long as your light is high enough. Pve is easy, plain and simple. Bungie releases something mildly hard (zero hour) community whines, bungie nerfs weapons to make the game more challenging, community loses their minds. Seems to me the pve is afraid of a little difficulty, probably the same people who wanted an easy mode in sekiro.

Posting in language:

9 Replies
        • You mean the 4 viable exotic heavy, super regen armor piece fantasy?

Posting in language:

• Power fantasy is mowing down hordes of enemies with an awesome machine gun, walking up and punching the biggest guy in the room, killing gods against all odds. These are power fantasies. Pressing the instant win nuclear button on a handful of guys so you can do it again to the next group or standing still tapping a big guy over and over again on the head because you're too scared to walk up to is -blam!- shit. There's nothing powerful about it other than that it get's the job done extremely fast, which is what it all comes down to with loot addicts.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Spidey: 5/19/2019 10:15:54 AM
          I don't think so. I can still melt every Raid Boss in one phase. With or without crutches. So?

Posting in language:

2 Replies
          • I’m sad to say this but if you want power fantasy go play warframe.You want depression and your time wasted play destiny.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • Power fantasy? You mean actually doing mechanics?

Posting in language:

4 Replies
              • Destiny 1- Space Magic With cool guns + 1 to power fantasy. Destiny 2- Space Magic With watered down weapons -3 to power fantasy. Destiny 3- You're more of a badass in real life then in the game. -100 to power fantasy you and your character sweeps the tower now.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • There is no "builds" in D2 because the game isn't built to support builds. You want a power fantasy? Wait for D3, until then a "build" or "power fantasty" is reliant on 1 exotic which is not a "build" you are just getting off to a broken exotic.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • Something else is coming, which will also be powerful. You can have the power fantasy, but it comes on Bungie's terms: you have to endlessly grind for new stuff, to replace what they nerf into hot garbage.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • [quote]The power fantasy is DEAD[/quote] Fixed it for ya.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                      • Since Destiny 2 came out, the characters are weak compared to Destiny 1, Bungie has gone out of their way to keep it that way. I for one am sick of it, Bungie needs to go back to the Destiny one concept and then leave it the hell alone. Bungie LOST so many Destiny one players when they released this JOKE (D2), I have hung in there with the hope that it would turn around, but this new round of nerfs, tells me that is not going to happen. Bungie DOES NOT listen to the community, Bungie DOES NOT care what the community wants, but I know this, I’m done wasting my time and money on a hope that the game will get better!!!!

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                        • DYING??????? That fantasy has totally been eliminated

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                          • Good

Posting in language:

• I used to cut the grass quite easily with my lawnmower...I removed the blades. It's much harder now. A lot more fun though. NOT.

Posting in language:

13 Replies
                            • Power fantasy never existed. Supers only ever seem to do anything when against weaker enemies. Stronger enemies not only survive but a lot of the time they don't even react to it. For that matter heavy ammo has the same result. Even better is when the most effective options players have are on lengthy down times because RNG ammo and long ass cooldowns. Simply running out of effective options because it's a DPS fest rather than anything tactical is a big part of the problem. What ever happened to turrets, vehicles, or pick up weapons to make up for the downtime of the others? Oh yeah they're an after thought for some reason. Halo had more of a power fantasy than this series has ever had.

Posting in language:

• Bungie clearly either doesn’t understand or respect power fantasy. But still wants to disingenuously leverage the illusion of it to get people to play their game. That’s what I have a problem with. Vanilla D2 was not a power-fantasy game. But was at least somewhat honest about it.

Posting in language:

• The power died a long time ago...

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                The “power fantasy” already fails when you’re fighting enemies that are practically made of paper.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Brohan Solo: 5/19/2019 5:54:45 AM
                                The power fantasy is developing skills and then using said skills and guardian builds..."spoiler alert"...which means you have the power. Weapons are just tools.

Posting in language:

• I love the world, shooting, game mechanics, art, music and I hate the looting and grinding. Go figure ... It was a challenging idea from the get go to try to please such different styles of gaming. If you signed up for an always online MMRPGlootshoot, things will become obsolete, change, and you'll be offered the next tear of super powerful magical stuff to take you to the next level. Your fav items will be discarded or stored. [spoiler]Hugs her little box of raisins.[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

• Power fantasy is only dying for people who suck at the game. The problem that ya'll are having is the fact that content is not trivialized for people with no thumbs & half a brain now. You can also blame PC players who abuse exotics and mechanics to solo shit that was not meant to be soloed. It's obvious that Bungie does not want shit like Zero Hour, raid encounters, Whisper mission, etc to be soloed. So anything that allows this content to be soloed will get nerfed.

Posting in language:

21 Replies
                                You are not allowed to view this content.
                                ;
                                preload icon
                                preload icon
                                preload icon