JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by ra sungod: 5/16/2019 9:07:27 PM

Raids should have matchmaking...

said no sane person ever. Edit: reasons why this is bad/would hurt. *Potato teammates (afk no mic etc) * People suck at the raid, begging for nerfs/whining which leads too...... *Dumbing down of raid mechanics/ruining raid. Look if you are dedicated look for lfg sites for Sherpas/teams. In game lfg would be the best solution imao. Edit2: as Necronmi Cat pointed out, it might be ok, but with dumbed down mechanics, and less reward (i.e no cosmetics, no exotic, no curated, and no advanced armor perks). While I personally still say the community/blueberries wouldn't be able to handle it, I don't see a problem with a middle ground.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• *grabs pitchfork* “Oh...”

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Maybe it’s time to implement [i]optional[/i] matchmaking. No reason not to, really. As long as it’s purely optional, and not forced. Then anyone for it can see what a disaster it would play out as.

Posting in language:

10 Replies
    • Just take Reckoning Tier 3 as a prime example.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
      • Agreed, but everything else should have it. Games should work like The Devision or TD2.

Posting in language:

• Matchmaking for raids? HAHAHAHA! But how will we get our false sense of superiority if just anyone can access and play the raid? In all seriousness, we have a type of matchmaking. It's a system in which we must form our own teams mostly through 3rd party means and the players we end up with are usually randoms picked out of thin air. Having an optional in game matchmaking for raids would be perfectly fine. It would probably fail a lot but I'm sure it would also succeed at times. And at the end of the day, players are getting important practice and experience whether they beat the raids or not. Not sure why players even care if it's optional. You wouldn't have to use the in game matchmaking if you didn't want to. Stop being a gatekeeper dork and let people play the raid.

Posting in language:

21 Replies
        • Honestly I dont get people's problems with using LFG

Posting in language:

5 Replies
          • Hello, is there that one of one million post that says "hey, helping noobs with the raid?" Most not than often. I bet you are one of those guys that posts KWTD HAVE 5000900+ CLEARS

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • Edited by Get_Wrecked01: 5/16/2019 1:51:48 PM
              Optional matchmaking hurts no one except the folks that queue up.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
              • Edited by EvilBleu: 5/17/2019 1:43:01 AM
                They do they are called sherpas. Lol

Posting in language:

• I don't understand why matchmaking can't be optional. It would please both sides.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                • [quote]said no sane person ever. Edit: reasons why this is bad/would hurt. *Potato teammates (afk no mic etc) * People suck at the raid, begging for nerfs/whining which leads too...... *Dumbing down of raid mechanics/ruining raid. Look if you are dedicated look for lfg sites for Sherpas/teams. In game lfg would be the best solution imao.[/quote] [i][b]Optional[/b][/i] matchmaking doesn't hurt anyone. Plus, you can find 4 people on lfg, [i]wait[/i] another 45min to an hour to find another 2, or just MM those last 2 until you find people who [i]KwTd.[/i] You spend half the time doing the same thing you would do twice as long with on lfg.

Posting in language:

• The only problem with mm for raids is that it feels really bad to get kicked from a group. Even if you know you shouldnt be there..it still feels bad.

Posting in language:

• The only people that say this are the anti-social weirdos who are afraid to talk to random people i’ve been using destinylfg.net for years now. Across 2 platforms. I never have a problem getting a raid on PC and they have the least amount of players

Posting in language:

• Honestly, as someone that solos a lot due to clanmates having IRL things to do and people just not wanting to do those activities, optional Raid matchmaking would be a complete waste of time. The average Destiny 2 player is a complete and utter moron that has no idea how to do any basic teamwork. Strikes, Gambit, Gambit Prime, and Crucible have made me lose any faith I had in these people. Gambit Prime is the absolute worst since they refuse to let people in full Notorious sets actually play their role. The idiots will continuously jump through the invasion portal and die even though someone else just went in and killed the whole team. They're ridiculously stupid and don't care about anyone but themselves.

Posting in language:

• I do wonder about the complete disdain the Destiny devs have for matchmaking. It’s been ever since D1, and oh man with the excess of excuses. Now it’s proof they can absolutely do it, but just decide not to (my belief is that it’s a strategy of artificial time play bloating, as matchmaking would guicken the time it takes to complete events). I also wonder what the raider stats are as far as population. I know D1 had a fraction of the player base complete raids. So I am assuming it’s the same. WoW ran into a problem where raids were not worth the work they put into them due to a low player base engagement, which is why they added a raid finder. As it was either that or stop making them.

Posting in language:

• Matchmaking would work if (a big if) bungie had a fugging clue on what it takes to make a game successful. Let’s look at another mmo that released at same time as destiny, in this case it’ll be FFXIV. All of its content has matchmaking including the 24 man raids but the extreme single boss trials are not. They have an in game party finder system to help find people to do any content, the leader can set things like setup and gear lvl requirements to make a team for better success. Now you may say it’s not the same and you would be right, one caters to elites and streamers with only a % in the single digits ever having cleared a raid. The other caters to their whole player base by making raids part of the story experience with extreme single boss fights for those that have the skill. Do I like destiny.......no I love it but I do hate its lack lustre content and lack of matchmaking. Oh and just so we are clear while FFXIV and Destiny arrived at same time, FFXIV currently has over 14 million active accounts/players. Destiny on other hand had over 14 million but now it’s down to under 500k.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • I think they have a good foundation for “matchmaking” with the guided games system. The problem with it is there is no incentive for Sherpa teams to really use it. If they added some sort of reward for the Sherpa group like an additional powerful drop or two, I think that would be a great improvement for everyone. More teams would actually provide the service which would greatly decrease the wait times for seekers.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Indigo: 5/16/2019 5:53:06 AM
                    And you created this thread because....? This is just flawed logic. [b]OPTIONAL[/b] matchmaking should always be an option. No, there is no counter-argument to it. If you use LFG now, and put together a team of 6 anyway, it wouldn't, actually, it COULDN'T hurt you, as you would [b]NOT USE[/b] the matchmaking anyway. You would not "Get randoms who afk, or have no mic, or don't understand raid mechanics" because you already have a team of 6 who you play with, and the game can't match anyone to you, because your team is [b]full[/b] of people who you talked to on LFG. People who are willing to put up with randoms, or don't have any other choice but to use the in-game MM, would face the consequences, but at least there would be a chance for them to at least try out some of the content, and be like "oh damn, this looks good, but I can't get through it with randoms. Let's go find a team" as everything would be [b]optional.[/b] And also, it wouldn't result in a dumbing down of raid mechanics, if anything, they would become more complicated, to encourage proper team setup before raid, teamwork and communication, and because Bungie loves padding out gametime anyway. Mostly the last. Also it's pretty pathetic that there is still no in-game LFG, and people have to use 3rd party apps and sites for everything. tl;dr Optional matchmaking would not interfere with your pre-made fireteam in any activity, and you are denser than the sun, clearly only looking for attention.

Posting in language:

8 Replies
                    • Raid with less mechanics and matchmaking would be a Godsend.

Posting in language:

• Um, your so wrong its laughable. How does having in-game matchmaking stop someone from creating their own fireteam? All it allows in an additional avenue... The Reckoning already proves this. You can beat it with randos or create a fire team. Having options is a good thing not a bad thing.

Posting in language:

• That's why there is a vote to kick option....

Posting in language:

• Optional groupfinder in game Aaaaaaand here we go !

Posting in language:

• Edited by wes0103: 5/16/2019 6:20:37 PM
                      I don't know about matchmaking, as people would just leave over and over again if someone died, but I did have the suggestion not too long ago. https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/252092597/0/0 Problem with LFG us is people aren't willing to teach new guys. Like, ever. Solo players usually feel unwelcome.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                      • I agree lfg be having some serious ass requirements those that use the app then fine but those that use the in game lfg can join up with ppl and tackle and learn the raid.

Posting in language:

• Yes.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Spidey: 5/16/2019 7:07:52 PM
                        It's funny how TD2 players will learn that now, too.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                      ;
                      preload icon
                      preload icon
                      preload icon