JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
5/15/2019 3:31:20 AM

Rampage on breakneck shouldn’t make the damage go down

I find it ridiculous that stacking rampage with the breakneck leads to an overall lower damage per bullet. Yes, the gun fires faster with each stack, but it should retain its damage, especially when something like the recluse exists.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Edited by TJM99: 5/16/2019 1:54:32 PM
    It does more damage per shot, it just doesn't do the 3rd stack of rampage's bonus. - apparently clarifying how it works earns dislikes, ok. - hmm, making jokes about that might earn them, lol.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

7 Replies
    • The Breakneck absolutely melts in PvE. I’m fine with how it is.

Posting in language:

• It still increases proportional to the new fire rate - -> your dps increases with each stack

Posting in language:

• That's why everyone says to use kill clip in pvp, you noob

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • Rampage works differently in PVP than it does in PVE, so it PVE it does what you suggest. In PVP, its getting the rampage boost that a weapon in that ROF class would get, from my understanding, which results in less overall damage until rampage x3. They do this so we don't see "RAMPAGE IS OVERPOWERED" posts. I can only assume anyway.

Posting in language:

• It does in PvE, they reduced it in PvP as far as I'm aware.

Posting in language:

• I’m like 90% sure it keeps its damage in pve and doesn’t in pvp

Posting in language:

• I think it's rediculous that an auto rifle that disintergrates enemies receives so many complaints! I personally fell very powerful when rampage clicks in. Maybe we can add a fourth gear for people who need to kill-all by just looking at the enemy.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Edited by Pocket: 5/16/2019 4:42:49 AM
          There's a significant balance element involved with this gun in PvP, and a minor one in PvE. We've literally known this from the very beginning, tons of youtube videos where made on this. If Rampage worked as normal with this gun, in conjunction with increasing RPM per stack, it would break the game. You want a 720 rpm auto rifle doing identical damage per shot as a 450 auto rifle with 3 stacks of Rampage?! GTFO that's ridiculous. Even in PvE there's a balance element going on behind the scenes. It's been ages since I've used this gun so I can't remember exactly what it is without looking up a youtube video on it. If I recall, each stack increases either damage OR rpm, but not both. I can't remember the exact sequence for each stack.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
          • Hmmm... I never noticed. I rarely use any other kinetic in PVE because I thoroughly enjoy Breakneck, and I've actually had a lot of success with it in PVP (though I don't PVP often and am not competitive in that arena, so that's a huge caveat to that comment). Breakneck/Loaded Question/(various) might be my most common loadout for PVE at this point.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
            • Its to keep the dps somewhat level Dps= damage per second

Posting in language:

• Seems pretty epic in PvE. Haven’t tried it in PvP. Then again for the sake of my blood pressure I’m probably never setting foot in PvP again so... yeah, I haven’t tried it in PvP.

Posting in language:

• To my knowledge the damage scales as normal in pve But is capped in pvp. You know to balance things separately That thing people have been asking for for years now

Posting in language:

• Why do you find it hard to believe, bungie would never give anything good without either planning to nerf it or sneakily nerfing from the off.

Posting in language:

• I just got the breakneck. Feels weird. It’s in the vault now

Posting in language:

• The damage increases with each stack tho, as well as the firing speed Goes from 383 to 451 to 541 to 635 against adds

Posting in language:

4 Replies
              • PvE it's fine. Crucible well yeah damage is more closely tied to RPM and once it kicks in x3 then your gonna see a drop or in this case a sustained damage number. Simple math really. Sure the case is rare and it maybe should feel awesome to do some real damage in those cases (in crucible) but it's hard to really make happen because of the aforementioned rpm and damage being tied together mostly. If you want some snowball guns just grab an ace or the recluse if you have it. Or Duke with rampage. All in all it's still pretty fringe because of the odds of coming out of a 2:1, 3:1, or 4:1 alive is slim to none.

Posting in language:

• Its ttk and damage per second goes up if they kept it the same damage it would be too broken. The perk serves its purpose whether or not the numbers go up or down.

Posting in language:

• Rampage isn’t what does it. Onslaught is what reduces damage when the rof increases.

Posting in language:

• It does increase damage, per bullet if you were to find an auto rifle with the same rate of fire as breakneck when it has rampage x1 x2 or x3 then you'll realize that you do gain damage relative to the current rate of fire.

Posting in language:

• Isn't that the opposite of rampage?

Posting in language:

• use ether doctor 49 bullits shot better

Posting in language:

• Yes, it is dumb. Rampage should [i][b][u]never[/u][/b][/i] lower damage under [i]any[/i] circumstances and should [u][i][b]always[/b][/i][/u] increase it. This is basic, but the incompetent buffoons working there and their sheeple here cannot wrap their heads around it.

Posting in language:

• I’m pretty sure that’s PvP only and it’s a PvE focused gun. Also I doubt they wanted people to walk through crucible with max rampage pissing on other player’s foreheads.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                • This is the same problem that Fabian Strategy had. Even after it was buffed, it still was pretty much useless. There's no reason for the fire rate to go up if the damage goes down to compensate. The DPS remains nearly the same.

Posting in language:

• That's called balance & what your going to see happen to the LH/NF in 3 weeks.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                ;
                preload icon
                preload icon
                preload icon