JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
5/14/2019 10:34:01 PM

Hey Bungie, nerf loading times.

Instead of telling people to buy faster hard drives to get around your piss poor loading times. How about sitting down with your team and think long and hard “How do we fix one of the biggest issues in the game” A load time to login, a load time to load the character select screen, a load time to select your character, a load time to load orbit, a load time to load tower, a load time to load into someone’s fire team when they’re already in the same area you loaded into, a load time to load a map in match making. Jesus. Fix your crap game!

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Everyone complained about anthem load screens, when dedtiny has just as many if not more. Destiny just animates them.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Id really like to see better load time for the character menu to switch weapon and gear. It is so bad on console and it feels like an eternity in PVP. If the current one can’t be improved then make a quick access menu for the character that you can open during game play. One that doesn’t load every single tab and inventory and shader and so on, just the character tab.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
    • While they're at it, could we get the vendors a little closer together? By the time I've walked from Shax to the Drifter I could've loaded into a competitive match! (Comp matchmaking seems to take forever atm)

Posting in language:

• I like how people seem to forget that bungle didn't do the PC port, I am sure that has something to do with why the experience is better on PC . JS

Posting in language:

• Don't forget about character inventory load times....

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • Man I play on console so loading takes forever, then when I finally get to the tower to see Ada for the 300th time and turn in my bloody bright engrams, it's a ghost tower that hasn't loaded the NPC's... Noice.

Posting in language:

• Fixing things is hard...

Posting in language:

• I switched to master race about two months ago. Enjoying not being limited anymore, I also don’t have to buy a new generation every once in a while for graphics a pc can do better. Every time I go back to a console game Im in disgust now. Load times are not a Bungie btw

Posting in language:

2 Replies
        • Anthem made me apologize to Destiny 2

Posting in language:

• Edited by shreddon: 5/16/2019 9:16:58 AM
          They cut the load time while flying in destinations by a solid 30 to 45 seconds about six months ago... Edit: maybe this only applies to console, I'm not sure

Posting in language:

• You can get a nice SSD for $50, it helps load times, menu times, all of it. The game initially starts up much faster, too.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
          • Lol. I love when this topic comes up because anyone who posts it or upvotes it is seriously ignorant. Loading screens are a console limitation. Go cry to Microsoft or Sony. Or install a SSD.

Posting in language:

15 Replies
            • I mean... Unfortunately consoles can barely handle a tether in the Argos fight without some severe frame drops I can only imagine how hard the CPU is working to have things like that going on while also trying to load your character inventory

Posting in language:

• That's not how to get Bungie to fix loading times. You need to tell them that there's an exploit where people can get infinite enhancement cores during the course of the loading time (longer loading time = more cores glitched out of thin air) and watch them jump on it and bring the servers down right this moment.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Cudd1eZombi3: 5/15/2019 3:46:19 PM
              They really do need to sort this issue or at least re-sort the issue. Everyone needs to stop saying it's the console....it's bungie. 1. Other games with more assets load a lot quicker. 2. Other games actually let you open your inventory and see what's there, not wait ages while it decides to load it. 3. We can now get perma-stuck at the tower because the game gives up trying to load you into the top from the bottom. I mean come on that's just dumb! 4. If it wasn't for the crap load times the time cheese for Zero Hour wouldn't work. 5. This is the most important one.....bungie "fixed" the load screen a while back. They then started to slowly crop up again until we were right back where we started. Thats just one list of examples and there are plenty more. If it was just a couple load screens fair enough but its not. You get 3 load screens just trying to get into the game. It's ridiculous. So Bungie please do something!

Posting in language:

4 Replies
              • I kinda think it is a Bungie problem. Don’t hate on me PC players, but the difference in loading time between D1 and D2 is remarkable. Sure, I could download an SSD or buy an expensive PC for a singular game. Or i could just stop playing Destiny 2 and so myself a service. 😁

Posting in language:

porch lime
                porch lime

bring back widows court - old

Oh my. How many times to I have to say this. It’s the console. Not the game. On pc this game loads very fast buddy.

Posting in language:

35 Replies
                • I like how Bungie said that they were looking into reducing load times around when Forsaken came out. Thanks for that update, Bungie.

Posting in language:

• Nerf?? Wouldn't that mean make them longer?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • And D3 will be worse

Posting in language:

• If this is a hardware issue, how come Bungie actually fixed some of the issues with the loading problems in an earlier patch? I don't remember Bungie turning up to fix my console...... The loading times have crept up again since then, it's an issue on their end due to lack of maintenance and programming problems. It should not take as long as it does to open your own inventory, while in orbit, on your own. It's down to poor game management and clumsy programming

Posting in language:

• It's real fun switching anything in your inventory... Ever. I love looking at a blank screen with a spinny circle for 30+ seconds as much as the next guy.

Posting in language:

• A load timento inventory is what really pisses me off....

Posting in language:

• Different consoles have limits, you can just say "load times are slow so Bungie should make them faster" the console physically can't load that quick

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                    • Consoles have limits, get over it. If you want better load times then there are steps to take, but don't blame bungie because you refuse to take them.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • Edited by Aspect: 5/15/2019 1:56:45 PM
                        It's probably not the game's fault, it's most likely your console. This really isn't a problem on pc where the hardware is better. Your console has an hdd instead of an ssd memory. An ssd makes loading data quicker meaning that you can load the game faster. Consoles are equipped with hdd since it's cheaper so the console is more affordable. There's nothing wrong with having an hdd, but it will prolong loading times. But It's not fair to blame Bungie when it's not their fault.

Posting in language:

13 Replies
                        You are not allowed to view this content.
                        ;
                        preload icon
                        preload icon
                        preload icon