JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
5/14/2019 6:54:37 PM

Should NF Be Given A Quickplay Questline

Yes

No

Competitive in this game is a joke, and locking one of the best performing, and best looking, guns to the Legend rank was a mistake. A select few people could ever acquire it the normal way, and the rest of the community couldn’t even dream of getting close to it. Video games are meant to be fun in my eyes, not “competitive” not “sweaty.” Grinding for legend is one of the most painful activities you can do in this game because of recovs, gatekeepers, and ddossers. Don’t even argue it. Fact is: Destiny is meant to be fun, and every item and weapon should be made available to all types of players. I believe I’m good enough to get Not Forgotten, but the playlist is not in a good place and solo queuing is a joke. There should be a way for people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, and other problems to acquire these guns as well. Throw all the hate at me you want. I consider myself an above average crucible player, and I believe there should be nothing stressful about playing a video game. I think it would be interesting if Bungie added a quickplay quest line for Not Forgotten. Make it SUPER grindy, just not timegated. And if you’re going to get mad at me because of this, fine. At least I offered an alternative way to get the gun, and didn’t resort to paying for it like 95% of the people who have it. Think about that.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• I'd prefer something new

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Before LH and NF get a questline for QP I'd rather have them removed They are already cancerous. I don't every goddamn random to have one. There are enough of the LH/NF sweats already

Posting in language:

• Just let lunas be in quick, I don't get why both not forgotten and lunas is both in comp anyway. Seems kinda dumb. They let redrix go to quickplay, why not luna? Let nf stay in comp but atleast let the lesser people have something like it. People who are gonna hate this will be ignored

Posting in language:

• Nope, but Bungie should get rid of losing glory on losses.

Posting in language:

19 Replies
    • Edited by Predy: 5/16/2019 1:49:05 PM
      That’s not how it works, not every piece of content should be given to every player. Some things should take hard work, especially nf. However, I do like the idea of a pinnacle type of weapon being obtainable from quickplay. It would add more crucible content and possibly variety to the game. I just don’t agree that it should be a weapon as prestigious as the not forgotten.

Posting in language:

• For someone who states he wants destiny to be fun and not a grind, you sure are a vocal supporter of cores being kept in infusion.

Posting in language:

26 Replies
      • Edited by Cudd1eZombi3: 5/16/2019 2:01:19 PM
        Having a pinicle weapon that you could get in quick play would be a nice option as there hasn't been one yet. Edit: I forgot redriks, my bad lol. Although even though it's obtainable through quick play does require you to dip into other playlists. The problem is competitive is meant to be just that, competitive. So although it is stupidly sweaty and a pain in the arse solo and in a group, because let's be honest if you are not a "stacked" team it can be difficult, I don't think bungie would ever change it. Also if there were to change it, it would diminish the effort of those people who have actually grinded for that gun themselves. Plus there would probably be uproar, if you think about it. It does suck really though.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
        • It's a reward for a reason dumbass

Posting in language:

• Edited by HK_Mark23_Osprey: 5/16/2019 4:57:17 AM
          This survey would be meaningless if 80% voted ‘no’ already got it or in the process of getting it or 95% voted ‘yes’ include ‘never heard of it’ to getting a Luna soon or in the process of getting one after being at it for 32 weeks. Or 90% voted ‘no’ are pvp players got bored chilling in the forum because they don’t do pve. What then?

Posting in language:

• Nah. They should rework Quickplay with some kind of individualized ranking system and then make an all new weapon or possibly give catalysts or god rolls for reaching certain levels. Or just make the requirements something super grindy but actually offer a weapon that is good in PvP.

Posting in language:

• If Bungie wants to get crucible numbers up, there has to be a pinnacle weapon that's obtainable in the quickplay mode. That would satisfy alot of players who aren't good enough for comp. The redrixs wasn't a bad quest, but the gun was sub-par. Comp should still get a powerful gun for their respective grind, but I think for the average player, a lengthy grind for a decent pinnacle weapon would appease alot of people that enjoy crucible but don't want the hassle of competitive.

Posting in language:

• No, Not Forgotten should only be obtained by hitting legend.

Posting in language:

• I'd be fine with doing a redrix style quest. But have it be 3 resets instead of 5. That's all I want.

Posting in language:

14 Replies
            Fella Named Jim
            Fella Named Jim

The fast ttk needs to go. - old

Unless it requires getting 10 valor resets a season for 3 seasons then no.

Posting in language:

• No chance I'll get nf but no complaints. Sure qp quest but 50 gold medals and maybe 20 valor resets to get it. The argument about disabilities im blind in one eye and the other is terrible but i do what i can. Im usually the weakest link on comp teams but again oh well at least i don't quit like some do anyway on point nf or any other pinnacle weapon is a grind is it a pain yea sometimes but go for what you want not what's meta

Posting in language:

• The elitism from the tryhard no-life neckbeards is strong in this thread.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • Nope. I don’t have it, and as much as I’d like to, I disagree completely that all guns should be available to all players regardless of skill, time, style, etc. Simply put: they shouldn’t. If you don’t have the skill, the time, and the tolerance for pain to grind out a very prized reward, you absolutely shouldn’t be entitled to the reward. It makes rewards essentially meaningless. There is a path to obtain it. It’s painful, sweaty, and broken, but it’s the path that many have chosen to take. Join them, or don’t get it. Allowing an “easy way out” negates the need for anybody to take the tough path.

Posting in language:

• I agree, a quest like Redrix Broadsword would be nice.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Yuno: 5/15/2019 2:19:21 AM
              It shouldnt have a quickplay questline but I might be ok with it being obtainable at a certain number of wins or gold medals or something For example, 500 quickplay wins gets you not forgotten. Or 100 gold medals. Something like that

Posting in language:

• No, competitive is a joke. What do you call quickplay. No it should not be given out in quickplay.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • Similar to redrix except make it lunas and nf can be only through comp

Posting in language:

• Edited by DHawk12: 5/14/2019 9:24:48 PM
                Sure. 10 valor resets within 1 season.

Posting in language:

16 Replies
                • Edited by TwigTwig: 5/14/2019 9:16:13 PM
                  And I want Anarchy and all the raid gear from doing strikes.

Posting in language:

31 Replies
                  • I'd say no if comp wasn't broken. Unfortunately, it is. Gatekeepers keep casuals away from even trying. Cheaters ruin the experience entirely. Recovs ruin the experience of players trying to make their way up. Legends constantly dodge 4 stacks so they get easy wins on solos. Players are already fighting an uphill battle by design when they enter comp due to higher skilled players having the better weapons. No reason they should have to deal with all that as well.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • Luna maybe “yess” but legend reward had never bin a time quest reward so think iT should stay that way.

Posting in language:

• No. But Lunas Howl should have had one from the get go and NF should have been the only Comp pinnacle. Its dumb to have one game mode with no rewards and the other with 2.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                    ;
                    preload icon
                    preload icon
                    preload icon