JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
5/1/2019 3:07:49 PM

Do something about mandatory but outdated content!

Let's speak honestly. All forges except Bergusia are dead. Tier 1 and tier 2 reconing are dead. NOBODY PLAYS THAT CONTENT ANYMORE. So why you Bungie force me to beg my clanmates to spent their time on that shitty and outdated content only because It can't be soloed and your matchmaking simply doesn't work? Like why you out me Solo in reckoning when it is impossible to do solo? Why you put me Solo in forges, when it is almost impossible to do them solo? Yeah, I can ignore whole Black Armory content, because it's meh and isn't required for endgame progress. BUT YOU FORCE ME TO PLAY RECONING IN ORDER TO GET GEAR FOR YOUR BRAND NEW CONTENT YOU CALL GAMBIT PRIME. So do something about you shitty matchmaking or open tier 3 reconing for the whole a count once it was completed on one character. Just think about new players without a clan. THEY CANNOT PLAY A QUARTER OF THE GAME YOU SOLD TO THEM.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Always made this point before. A lot of the content age badly. The forges are showing signs of aging and they haven't even reached half year mark. What happens when everyone gets their godrolls? Blindwell is still there somehow because of enhanced gear but nowadays you can try to load for an hour and you could come up empty. I pity the new guy who's trying to get his 3 new supers. If you're new and opened your forges late, good luck with that heroic public event that happens at the entrance of Izanami, nobody plays that anymore. Sometimes I would help a dude out who's trying to complete it when I'm on my way to forge a pulse rifle but I don't forge them often. This game, it's community, and streamers, somehow convinced it's player base that solo players are lepers. It constantly punishes players for playing solo yet most ends up playing solo. Whether they left a group or it shrank by itself or maybe they just want to play alone. The clicks on solo videos alone should be proof that solo players have more power than they think.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

3 Replies
    • Kind of wish Bungie would update all old content. Heroic Public Events, Planetary VendorsLeviathan, EP, Sleeper Nodes, Lost Sectors, Blind Well, etc. Bungie is sitting on a stockpile of old content that could be updated to have more relevance.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Sp00ky Derpish: 5/2/2019 9:32:21 PM
      I bought the Annual Pass last night. Ran the first forge (Volundr) with matchmade randoms with no problems. Took like 30 seconds to find 2 other people. Maybe try lowering your light level when you start matchmaking to around 640. The matchmaking system tends to look for people around your level, so if you were 640, it would find the people that are finally starting the Annual Pass content and just finished their power surge bounties. After you find people, you can then swap to high level gear and wipe the floor with the bosses.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • Edited by Snafu Gundam: 5/2/2019 1:18:09 AM
        It sounds like a YOU problem if YOUR clan mates don't want to play with you. Unless the PC population is severely smaller, Xbox and PS matchmaking doesn't keep you Solo in Forges or Reckoning for long. Stop be overdramatic.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
        • I was hoping this would be a very constructive post about year 1 content being outdated but we still have to farm some of it for better drops for new content, and how bungie should update old content. But instead this seems to be more of a post about a whiny solo player who is too stuck up to use lfg and is complaining about matchmaking in activities.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
          • The forges I have never had an issue with. But the reckoning yea there are matchmaking issues in general not just for tier 1 and 2 but all tiers. Its just that they load you in separately most of the time instead of all at once.

Posting in language:

• Then find a clan. Bungie is not going to let them do raids solo. There are team oriented activities. Not everything should be solo friendly.

Posting in language:

• Edited by DiscipleOfEris: 5/3/2019 8:52:52 AM
            I don't have any problem matchmaking into any Forge Takes longer for me to get into a crucible match than any forge And on blackout days I grind tier 2 for weapons

Posting in language:

• I wouldn't say Forges are impossible to do solo. It just requires a really fast pace to get through the first 2 waves and then a ton of DPS on the boss.

Posting in language:

• Bungie: we are listening. Well, we read the title. Thanks for the feedback. During Season of Flatulence the only content will be Forges. You will have to fly to each planet and complete all Lost Sectors, patrols, and bounties while also hunting down all material crops. After each planet is complete you have to move the next planet until all are complete. Then, you will have access to Bergosia Forge which we moved to the tower. By "access" we mean you have to complete 50 levels of the forest to find your way to the forge. The new max level is now 6000. Each forge run guarantees a Powerful drop that is 1 level above your current light, you get 1 drop per week. Happy hunting Guardians!

Posting in language:

5 Replies
              MeesterMagoo
              MeesterMagoo

Dad loadouts my specialty. Ask your mum. - old

Make some friends?

Posting in language:

• This is the only "mmo-ish" game i've ever played that didnt have the old "end game" scale with new content within @ least a month or 2 of old content (ie. they'd give it a cool down so you couldnt boost - but after a short period of time they upped it either by default or by adding a higher difficulty)

Posting in language:

• Interesting about what you say about all forges except bergusia being dead. I have no problems finding people in matchmaking for volundr, but bergusia I spawn in solo 75% of the time. Do other people actually find people frequently in matchmaking for bergusia? Lucky -blam!-.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
              • I think when the next Annual Pass comes out, it will be interesting to see the actual sales. That will be the true assessment.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                • That's not true. I barely play Bergusia. I hate that forge.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • I'm on Xbox. I don't have those issues. I typically easily find games and beat this content all solo queue.

Posting in language:

• Not sure what you mean on having to solo? I am near 100 finished Bergusa forges. Of those I have spawned in without all 3 players less then 5 times. Simple fix go to orbit spawn in again. I have a complete team every time. The Blind Well is empty about 50% of the time I run in. I leave and come back a little later. If I do show up to do tier 3 and someone is doing a tier 1 or 2 i help them finish and by that time more people have shown up and we have enough for an easy tier 3. i don't see your problem.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • LMAO look up the word mandatory

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • The idea that activities must be completed in a group is odd to me. I guess people really do think single player games are dead.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                        • I would play Reckoning more (no I wouldnt, I'm just using this opportunity to berate Bungie for shitty game deaign) if the matchmaking worked like normal matchmaking. I cant believe Bungie ever even had the thought of loading match made people in the same group separately. The only reason I can think this is the case, is literally to waste 5, 10, or how many ever minutes of someones time while they dick around by themselves waiting on teammates. Anyway, theres nothing in there I need or want, so it doesnt matter anyway.

Posting in language:

• You must be on pc. They aren't dead on console but pc is a really tight shotgroup so everything is a hit or miss. Really unfortunate but I'm sure there are some pc guys willing to help you out.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                          • If Bungo thinks I'm doing a hundred weapon forges for a ship they're foolish

Posting in language:

• To be fair I'm still farming Izanami for the Satou Tribe shader. It sucks and half my runs I'm solo.

Posting in language:

• They are solo able. I get it that's not the point But they're solo able... And have matchmaking

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                              DredLap
                              DredLap

Still havent found what Im looking for. - old

Remove gambit too.

Posting in language:

• Can I also add I did a tier 2 reckoning solo on Saturday using a titan, and fusion nades, didn't fire a weapon once

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                              You are not allowed to view this content.
                              ;
                              preload icon
                              preload icon
                              preload icon