JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

4/21/2019 1:11:51 AM
Cartoonish. Dude The Ace of Spades (even as a nonfuntional replica) looks realistic enough to be mistaken for a real gun.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Especially how the cylinder, hammer, and barrel don’t line up properly making it impossible to function. Very realistic.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Right lmao. Someone pulls a gun on you and you: Go into bullet time slow motion and evaluate every possible facet of the situation, analyzing the hammer to barrel lineup, possible caliber of weapon, angles he's holding and aiming and placement of trigger finger, where his eyes are lined up, whether or not the safety is on. All in .06 seconds and decide this is no danger at all, it's clearly a replica of some video game gun and you nor anyone else is in danger. OR You piss your panties as your entire life flashes before your eyes. I'm gonna go with occams razor on this one and bet your not real life action movie star.

Posting in language:

• Like anyone is going to notice that at first glance. All common people are going see is a Gun and assume the worst. We ain't talking bout something that looks like a Nerf gun

Posting in language:

• I noticed it at first glance, and I’m willing to bet that if it’s somebody’s job to recognize firearms in these kinds of events they could also recognize it.

Posting in language:

• Yeah that's why they had to send police to search the kid's house to confirm it was nonfunctional. Cuz you can't tell that shit from glance Idiot! It doesn't take that much work to make functional 3d printed guns based on fictional ones. Hell all you have to do is have a working hammer and barrel to make a single firing weapon.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Jim the wise: 4/21/2019 6:38:32 AM
    Am I really the idiot if I can tell that the gun wouldn’t function at first glance? Sure all you need is a functioning hammer and barrel but the gun obviously doesn’t even have that because it doesn’t even almost line up properly. If it was functional then the gun would likely just blow up in the face of whoever was firing it.

Posting in language:

• You also had game knowledge of what it looked like. Based on the paint alone you had recognition. Someone who doesnt play destiny doesnt have that instantaneous recognition. So... yeah... you could spot ot based on what you know and have experienced. Someone without that instant stand down from recognition panics and cant see it doesnt line up. Fight or flight. That's what gets triggered. Maybe try thinking of other people's perspective.

Posting in language:

• Yes you are. I already told you it doesn't take much to alter a CAD model for 3D printed guns, and all it needs to work is a functional Barrel of the gun and a Hammer. Your an idiot if you think the outside apperance of a 3D printed gun matters on it's functionality. The police had to outright physically confirm the gun didn't work. Believe me the kid would have gotten a much worse charge if the gun could fire a single bullet

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon