JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: Revelry ruins competitive
4/20/2019 10:11:00 PM
I don’t understand people in this saying there shouldn’t be a competitive playlist in destiny. The better question is why is bungie making this crazy ass event even effect the competitive scene in the game at all and making money hands over fist for doing bare minimum with the crucible playlists? The argument that “oh the game should be more about fun and having a good time with spamming” is the dumbest statement. Just make it to where there is a playlist that does allow these crazy ass things to happen and play that then, but don’t force your entire population to do things they simply don’t want and have no other option for. That’s why they made Mayhem, just go play that then. Just like if someone wants something extremely serious they go play competitive. Bungie is also ridiculous in the fact they don’t make more permanent playlists for more players. It literally will only benefit the game, and don’t make the argument “oh well that’s a lot of work and time to make things like that”. No it doesn’t with a game and company like this and with the amount of money we pay for it it’s a joke that this game has peer to peer connection, only 30frames on console, zero balancing, and literally the most lazy patches I’ve ever seen in a game. I’m honestly kind of shocked that the community as a whole in destiny isn’t up in arms about getting -blam!- 24/7
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Got an easy fix for you..... play something else 🤷🏻‍♀️

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Okay?

Posting in language:

• Why isn't the card game "snap" a competitive event, while texas hold 'em is? They are both card games. The format of the game doesn't lend towards competitive play. That's why the Destiny esport scene died before it even started. It's just not a good example of a competitive event. You can legally exploit every single aspect of the game - matching, connection, weapons, even equipment (XIM peripherals on a pc will give you console aim assist while playing with mouse and keyboard - legal aimbots.) That is 100% fine though, because it is still a heck of a fun game in it's own rights. Why do you want to turn it into something it isn't?

Posting in language:

• The destiny esport scene died because of changes made in year 3, they reduced the skill gap in the game with things like ghost bullets and sidearms.

Posting in language:

• Edited by TFSU Fear172: 4/21/2019 5:12:58 AM
    I understand what are you saying, but that’s just accepting mediocrity and laziness. The game has some amazing untapped potential that bungie for a long time just refuses to do anything with. Also this isn’t just about making a competitive playlist it’s also about simply balancing in a multiplayer game. I don’t want this ridiculous ass shit in my multiplayer, you do? No problem at all buddy then go play a playlist that allows this I have no problem with it, just like you shouldn’t have a problem with people playing a gametype where this isn’t allowed. yeah I do enjoy the game a lot otherwise if I didn’t enjoy it I wouldn’t be making these posts and replies but this type of service is horrible and is killing something that could be incredible because...why? “Oh well it’s not meant to be competitive” or “oh well then go play another game”. So my question is “Well is this game just meant to be horrible?” There should literally be no issues with this at all it’s so easy to fix these types of problems, especially with such mediocre multiplayer structure and an AAA gaming company

Posting in language:

• It’s not turning it into something different it’s just wanting to have fun and not get ability spamme Ltd the entire game, there’s zero fun in dying to a titan using heart of in-most light and spamming lighting nades, which when paired one shot.

Posting in language:

• I was replying to the guy asking why people believe competitive shouldn't exist. The Revelry didn't cause the problem, it just highlights it. This is why competitive crucible should not exist. Every other day, you can see a coordinated 4 stack with 5 super mods. They turn the match into a 1 shot ability spam fest - a roaming super kills you 2 seconds from spawning until the end of the match. If they team up from different parts of the world, at least one of them will always have 1 second delays on hit registration - making them essentially unkillable in super. They then expect you to try your hardest to win, knowing full well it's stacked against you worse than a Japanese game show.

Posting in language:

• Oh ok, yeah I agree I wish they had specific game types like elim, clash and all that. And do a massive rework of a lot of items in the game.

Posting in language:

• remove comp remove the cheaters remove the ridiculous quests for gun's only fire teams are able to obtain

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon