JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
4/19/2019 7:33:29 PM

Just auto complete the Verdant Light Competitive triumph

No one is going to be a lot to get precision shots in grenade spam crucible. PvP and PvE players don’t wanna play it. If you can’t fix it then just auto complete it for the whole community!

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• [quote]No one is going to be a lot to get precision shots in grenade spam crucible. PvP and PvE players don’t wanna play it. If you can’t fix it then just auto complete it for the whole community![/quote] I was doing the luna's howl quest getting precision headshot i thought i could kill 2 birds with one stone and get the triumph aswell be nope it didn't give me a single thing a total waste of time

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Full agreement. Either lower the requirement, give us a nice boost for our time dealing with it or autocomplete the damn thing. Especially since it appears Bungie is not at all working on it or else it would be fixed already.

Posting in language:

• Edited by OLD_MAN_WITH_GUN: 4/20/2019 5:08:53 PM
    Second that. I'm a PvE player and I want to complete the triumphs, BUT I DON'T WANT TOP PLAY PVP FOR THE NEXT TWO WEEKS!!! (and will never get the 200 needed orbs). GUITAR ERRORS? Had no at all the last weeks. Bullshit disabled orbs while it generates guitar errors. Bring back Orbs to raids and gambit. EDIT: BUNGIE, STOP FORCING PVE-PLAYERS TO PLAY CRAP PVP!!! Change the triumph to another pve activity then, instead leaving it to pvp only. When they make decisions, they make them without thinking!

Posting in language:

23 Replies
    • Hey Cozmo. It is a celebration!!! I am a blueberry in PvP. 15 matches in quick play and only 2 orbs. Pls give us a PvE option.

Posting in language:

• BUNGIE HAS TOTALLY -blam!-ED UP THIS TRIUMPH NOW RIP EVENT AS I CANT EVEN GET IT NOW And i dont like playing PVP not the game mode for me

Posting in language:

• I truly enjoy the fact that they attempted to give us alternative ways to complete the bounties. Not happy with how it ended up, but it's just an emblem. I'm not even going to attempt what would a next to impossible task for me for just an emblem.

Posting in language:

We will look into this. I’ll ask if we can reduce the amount of Orbs required for the triumph.

Posting in language:

112 Replies
      • I got it done in 2 days all exclusively in crucible. Use Le Monarque to get your head shots

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Edited by Outlawa619: 4/20/2019 8:55:28 AM
          i got 160/200 in gambit not 1 single error that is with randoms doing it as well i had clan mates doing the raid not one single error so either i had some god dam luck when it comes to them bungie error codes for once or there lying about it

Posting in language:

6 Replies
          • Completed it today and dont even care about the triumphs. Its really not that bad. Just do quickplay.

Posting in language:

• Killing 2 birds with one stone I'm using suros regime to complete the catalyst and the triumph

Posting in language:

2 Replies
            • I think it's dumb that we can't get them in Gambit, but i decided to just grind it out. Gave me a good reason to finish my Jade Rabbit catalyst.

Posting in language:

• I don't think it should be auto-completed, but I do agree with the other posters who've said the threshold should be lowered. And for the people who've said "oh getting 300+ precision kills is easy", not all of us are that good at PvP, and even a lot of folks who are aren't good at specifically getting headshots. Add in the massive changes to gameplay that have been caused by the tonics, with entire team strategies shifting to basically "hide behind a wall/around a corner and spam grenades all match", getting precision kills is ironically a good bit arder during this event than it is normally. For an example of a "not great at PvP player", I play PvP every week to get the engrams, and to slowly work on triumphs and quests, but I'm not good at it, and I normally don't like doing it more than I have to to advance those things. Had the day off work today, so played most of the day. Did almost nothing but crucible since do I want to get that triumph if I can (and I think it is possible, just not anything close to practical). After seeing how sloooowly the triumph was crawling up, I decided to start keeping track of how I was doing. Over the next 20 matches, I got an average of 2-4 orbs a match. I also saw that the orbs were procc'ing about once every three precision kills (that's the average; sometimes I'd get two in a row, other times I'd get 3-4 precision kills in a match and it wouldn't proc at all). So going with the high end of my average, it'd take 50 matches to get the triumph, which isn't *too* crazy, but still makes it way more intensive to get than any of the other triumphs, including the one that's exactly the same except with strikes (which you can easily get in under 10 strikes if you purposely pick ones that have a high number of easy-to-crit enemies like thralls). It's honestly probably going to take closer to 100 matches for me to hit the 200 orb mark (I'm at 52 out of 200 right now, and sitting at at least 30 matches). So while I don't think they should just "give" us the triumph, I do think they should lower it by at least half, and preferably by 3/4, so that we players have time to actually enjoy the other parts of the event instead of just grinding crucible the entire time.

Posting in language:

9 Replies
              • I agree considering the orbs have what a 1 in 5 chance at dropping and that is when you're lucky you'll need 500-1000 kills to finish

Posting in language:

• this is fair I mean this is kinda Bungie fault that they didn't for see multiple orbs crashing there game

Posting in language:

• Edited by Wheelaa1: 4/21/2019 11:45:26 AM
                I kinda agree with you. Then I look at what it actually gets you. A 0 point triumph and an emblem (assuming you complete all the other far easier event triumphs). Then I consider that this is supposed to be a loot shooter... I consider loot to be meaningful items that impact the way I play the game ie not cosmetic garbage. Then I see the fury people have at potentially missing out on a 0 point triumph and a piece of cosmetic crap....see where I'm going with this? Bungie must be laughing right now. For the entirety of D2 they've clearly viewed it as a collection game (failed journo himself said so on some random stream or interview or troll meeting), and now, seemingly, many of you think that too. How do any of you ever survive when that latest LE Barbie sells out before you can buy one?

Posting in language:

• [quote]No one is going to be a lot to get precision shots in grenade spam crucible. PvP and PvE players don’t wanna play it. If you can’t fix it then just auto complete it for the whole community![/quote] Sorry, got to disagree wi you there. I finished t in QP so it can be done - obviously nae as quick as it would be in Gambit.

Posting in language:

• It can be done. :-)

Posting in language:

• This whole event is just a mess all together The forest is the only saving grace this event has Otherwise the rewards are bad, cosmetics are temporary and have terrible RNG, crucible is worse that its been in a while, and most of the armor is ugly Yes its doable over the next couple weeks. Ive gotten it done. But with how bad they made PvP with this event, going for the triumph isnt even fun or rewarding. It's not fun or engaging to try and get headshots when hardly anyone cares about the triumph and just wants to lean on their grenade crutch to make up for their lack of gunplay abilities.

Posting in language:

• I'd say get a better gun. Word on the street is, there's a gun called Howl's Forgotten (I think that's right) I've heard it's a crutch weapon and can make any player a God in Crucible. Hope that helps.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • Wait what's the point of completing it?

Posting in language:

• Edited by MelissaJDiamond: 4/21/2019 2:02:58 AM
                  Exactly as to be honest with the grenade spamming a lot of the community can agree the same thing

Posting in language:

• There is no comp triumph, and yes you can do it in the grenade spam. Stop crying.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                  • The worst thing is that I've been working on the precision kills in Comp for Luna. I know for a fact I've gotten precision kills because I'm slowly working on the precision kill portion of the quest. And I barely have any orbs made :(

Posting in language:

• I hope you don’t think you are speaking for everyone.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                    • I'd say get a better gun. Word on the street is, there's a gun called Howl's Forgotten (I think that's right) I've heard it's a crutch weapon and can make any player a God in Crucible. Hope that helps.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                    ;
                    preload icon
                    preload icon
                    preload icon