JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

4/3/2019 9:27:41 PM
Cozmo

Yea we have always been mindful against having a system where you can get griefed by someone killing you over and over again out in Patrol. We tried to setup Gambit in a way where the PVP element was intermittent and you still felt like you were contributing to the team if you were not a strong PVP player.
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Right on, but please do not add a patrol map that has pvpve

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Not intermittent enough.

Posting in language:

• If I wanted to play The Division, I'd buy it. Stop ruining Destiny with PvP garbage.

Posting in language:

• Did you even read wtf he said? Ffs.

Posting in language:

• If you guys introduced a darkzone like area in patrol that would be completely fine.

Posting in language:

• It really wouldn't be fine for people without decent internet. Some people (like myself) only play patrols and strikes at my house because my internet would have an aneurism if it were to try to connect to too many different people and those people were not only killing other people, but also mobs, which would cause drops which would cause further issue, especially if I were to accidentally pick up said drops. Now, before it's mentioned, I have about a billion and one reasons why I DON'T pack up and move, but it would suck to have to quit a game because of something stupid like a "dark zone" area making the only aspect of the game I can currently play unplayable.

Posting in language:

• The way the division 2’s darkzone works is perfect imo. You choose to go into it but it’s not needed to progress. Like you can get some pretty sick loot in the darkzone but you can also get pretty sick loot outside of it. Now personally I hate going into the darkzone myself but I love having the option to do so.

Posting in language:

• The Division's dark zone is/was FAR from perfect... Not only that, but the communities surrounding the two games are vastly different as well. Destiny's "Dark zone" would cause 85% of the weapons and armor to be nerfed day 1 because the players can't handle something being good and some players being more skilled. Finally, in the TWAB, it doesn't sound as if they are even planning something like a "dark zone" stating they don't want something that players can actively grief others. So, maybe if they can figure out a way to do that, it's possible. The last reason I wouldn't want this is I'd honestly much rather D3 be more story-driven and have less of these disjointed forays into seemingly irrelevant activities. There is a lot to do in Destiny currently, but not much of it is fun to do, and honestly, its VERY gimmicky most of the time. To add more gimmicky things to appease a certain group wouldn't necessarily make things "good" or "better" it'd just be another pointless thing to do in a series already cluttered with pointless things to do.

Posting in language:

• Methinks you guys need to change your definition of 'independant' An invasion every 35 seconds when your primeval is up is the complete opposite of intermittent.

Posting in language:

• Check the patch notes

Posting in language:

• I did. 10 seconds isn't going to be much of an improvement, though I do admit it's better than nothing.

Posting in language:

• It will be a nice change but honestly 10 could be the difference in the game with the right team.

Posting in language:

• It's not gonna feel much different to the team still being invaded every time they try to DPS the boss.

Posting in language:

• My point is within that 10 seconds we could have the boss dead. It may not be noticeable to people that are below average but those that are average, the change will feel huge. Then there are those that are somehow just beasts and they don’t need it anyway.

Posting in language:

• Umm, your version of average is not average. In only 1 game have I ever seen the boss nuked in 10 seconds. Most games, you have to go through at least 2 phases of killing the envoys before you can drop the boss, unless you're 3-stacked running the most tryhard loadouts ever. Average players will feel very little.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Noiztm: 4/6/2019 11:08:08 PM
    In my first response I said “with the right team”. This comment is important to the rest of what I said. I’m not saying that anyone is nuking the boss in 10 seconds from the start of the encounter. I’m saying that if you have your Primeval down and you have an additional 10 seconds to finish killing the boss, it is enough time to solidify a kill without having to be distracted by an invader. Assuming all players are the same skill level, an average pre-made team with communication will notice the difference over a team that is full of randoms without communication. They will be able to coordinate and take advantage of that additional time because as I said, “with the right team”. You are right average players won’t notice but average teams will. It isn’t going to solve the problem for solo players but it will defiantly help the average team.

Posting in language:

• Yeah, that's great and all, but there needs to be more FOR those solo players (such as myself). I couldn't make any suggestions offhand as to what, but it's gonna take more than 10 seconds for me to take notice.

Posting in language:

• Fair enough. I hope you get matched well and can take advantage.

Posting in language:

• Edited by RYknow77786: 4/4/2019 11:25:33 PM
    You guys need to seriously rework the invasion mechanic. It’s the most annoying thing in Gambit prime. If the better team is ahead during primeval damage phase and the other team is invading every single time you defeat the third envoy, it’s a problem. Really draws out match time and causes everyone to hide. I quit playing crucible bc I was sick and tired of sweaty try hards ruining my good time and now I’m stuck playing those same ass hats again in Gambit Prime, once again ruining what is supposed to be fun. Invasions during mote gathering phase is fine but it’s way too often during primeval damage phase.

Posting in language:

• What if a team was only allowed to invade x amount of times in a match pre primeval and x amount of times post primevil. Keep the portal on a timer but limit the total number of invasions aloud. Make the decision and timing of when to invade have more weight. They could even create a pulse for how long the portal stays open. For example say the portal spawns every 40 seconds but it only stays open For 15 seconds then closes. Once the first primeval is summoned each team is allowed 4 invasions. That would allow the portal to open 7 different times if the end of the match timer was 5 minutes. Do you invade at first to slow them down or do you invade every other opening? It would make you think at what amount of damage do we send someone over? Go 4 times back to back at the beginning and risk the other team waiting till the end? Save it for last or time your invasions knowing that if you decide not to go at that moment the portal will be closed for 25 seconds.

Posting in language:

• I like it.

Posting in language:

• Check the patch notes

Posting in language:

• If "intermittent" is what you were shooting for, you failed [i]hard[/i]. Getting invaded every single minute of the Primeval phase isn't "intermittent," it's a constant pain in the butt and a serious drag in what would otherwise be a perfectly fine game mode. If invasions happened half as often during the Primeval phase, I might actually have fun in Gambit/Gambit Prime.

Posting in language:

• Check the patch notes

Posting in language:

• I did, in fact, read the patch notes. Adding 10 seconds is a step in the right direction but I'm [i] incredibly[/i] skeptical that it's enough. When I said "half as often" I was not at all exaggerating.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon