JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: Lunas Howl rewards mediocre aim
4/3/2019 4:43:43 PM
The team is currently looking at this feedback. We've seen numerous threads over Luna's Howl and Not Forgotten over the last few months, and have been looking at usage stats on the backend. Once we have a plan together, we'll let you know.
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• I believe you might want to take a look into PvP overall. The current status is currently pretty unhealthy, balancing Luna/NF is definitely not the answer. It starts already with the matchmaking. There is too many times players get matched solo against full team of tryhards with Luna/NF, DRB and WCC combo (basically preventing you from testing different set-ups and load-outs), either spectral blades or titan with OEM, or they just land into a match which is over (happened to me couple times spawned into the game and in less than 30 seconds it was over. Luna/NF is annoying for some people I take it, from my perspective heavy should go way back as it was in D1 (once per match etc.). I believe bungie has implemented the new heavy system earlier together with the go-fast update to make PvP a bit more dynamic because the TTK was terribly slow. After the weapon slot changes it seems to be kind of obsolete and in combination with WCC just annoying, I understand why players in comp agree before the game on no heavy. Implementing the suicide penalty would be also nice, annoying especially in comp where after activating super enemy teams jumps off the map, so you basically waste it (in clash or control it does not give you any points). Some maps could be also removed from the game (Citadel, Equinox, Firebase) as they don't make any sense at all. And game modes might also vary a bit more (in QP it is either Clash or Control, where as earlier you also had supremacy. Map rotation is weird as well because usually only a few maps keep rotating (5 consecutive games and 2 maps were alternating), some kind of excessive repetition prevention should be implemented. There is lot more, just trying to make a point that simply Luna/NF is not the solution.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• If you nerf the Luna's Howl and Not Forgotten, consider your game uninstalled. You'll be screwed if I'm letting Bungie waste more of my god damned time! These weapons are NOT easy to obtain and they required a sh*t tonne of a time investment - these are our rewards for said investments! Do not take that away from the people who have worked hard for them!

Posting in language:

• If you nerf Luna's Howl or Not Forgotten I'm uninstalling your game on all my consoles and PC. -blam!- that

Posting in language:

• If these weapons get nerfed I’m so done with this. There are plenty of other weapons that can easily counter both NF and LH. It’s honesty only ever the people that don’t have these guns that complain about them. Just because people have difficulty getting them doesn’t mean they deserve a nerf, simply because the gun is good and people want it. Both are easily countered if the player has the skill level vs the opponent.

Posting in language:

• The amount of time, frustration, and hard work I had to put into this game to achieve this gun was absolutely crazy. You guys don't even know who are writing these posts complaining all the time. It's the casuals that don't put as much work and effort into your game. You should be listening to do the dedicated players and not the ones who just want handouts. I know this post will get downvoted just because people want the gun given to them but Bungie you really need to listen to your dedicated player base. If you're seriously looking at usage statistics then NF should not be a problem as just under 1% of the community has it, so it's not overused. The whole point of getting to 5450 was for us to use the gun, not to keep it in our pockets. It's a reward for the all the players that worked really hard to get up to those ranks and taking that away from us would be drastically unfair.

Posting in language:

• If they get nerfed, I better get something back for my time investment. Thank you.

Posting in language:

• the gun will still be your reward, it just won’t dominate usage charts and every other CQC option out there

Posting in language:

• Please show me these usage charts buddy. Considering less than 1% of the population has NF I doubt its dominating anyone’s loadouts.

Posting in language:

• It's a game....

Posting in language:

• why does that matter? it's something we put a lot of time and effort into. if they just give all the casual whiners a handout makes all of our hard work for nothing.

Posting in language:

• Lol you must have a pretty easy life if you think that grinding for a weapon in a video game is "hard work" pal.

Posting in language:

• Coming from someone without NF... what does it say about you if youre too shit to get it and you’re still saying it’s not that hard? Hmm....

Posting in language:

• Edited by epicN123: 4/15/2019 10:19:28 AM
    That's all you're going to come back with? Really? I'll do you one better: maybe I don't have it because I don't feel it's at all important to have it. What I do feel is important is getting my degree, and taking a job at the same time so that I can afford to pay for it, two things that are actually hard work. I'd sooner shoot myself than consider anything I get in a video game to be an actual achievement or accomplishment. Clearly that's not a value you and your cute little "dedicated" clanmates in this thread share. The point is, if the best you can do in response to my criticism of your values is make a relatively meaningless attack on my "skill" in the game, I think that in itself shows how deluded you are. It's a video game, nothing you do it in it is in any way meaningful or requires a large amount of effort in the grander scale of things, so don't act like it does.

Posting in language:

• There are so many things wrong with your post but I can just tell the kind of person you are and the views you have in things so I’m not going to continue talking to a deluded idiot. I am curious though - why are you on this page? The forums are for those that actually care about Destiny as a game and company and want to see it be the best it can be. The fact is, getting NF is a really hard thing to do and that’s something people that have it spent their time and effort into achieving. The fact that you are hoping for a handout from Bungie proves that you really do, in the end, just want to be given the gun, even though you don’t possess the skill to deserve it.

Posting in language:

• Edited by epicN123: 4/16/2019 6:00:17 AM
    So, you think that I'm "hoping for a handout" because I can't get the Not Forgotten. Question: where do I ever say anything like that? I directly say that getting it "isn't important to me", I couldn't possibly give less of a shit about having it. You're literally setting up a strawman and ignoring anything I'm actually saying, likely because you're incapable of directly engaging with it. And you say I'M the "deluded idiot". L As far as why I'm here, I'm here because I find the game fun to play and want to be involved in any discussions that ensure it stays that way. But it's exactly for that reason that I would never describe anything I do in the game as "hard work". I, like I hope all reasonable and well-adjusted people do, understand that video games are generally an unproductive activity, and are played for leisure. That's not a bad thing, it's still important to have an outlet to relax and take a break from work, but it's exactly why I find your description of your in-game activities as "hard work" to be moronic. That shows me that you haven't ever really put serious work into something in the real world, or you'd find that kind of equivocation to be ridiculous. Go to the bank, because you need to pick up a reality check buddy.

Posting in language:

• Because YOU don’t care about getting it, you want Bungie to make the game easier for people like you, and take away the efforts and ambitions of others striving for something. You’re the kind of person that has a chip on their shoulder and judges everyone else that’s in a better real world situation than you are, so you spend your time pushing for an equality structure with very limited room for growth so people like you don’t fall behind. Whether you like my wording or not, getting Not Forgotten is HARD WORK, and I know everyone at Bungie would agree with that. You work for something and earn it. That’s how it should be. In fact, you literally can’t have an opinion in this subject because you don’t know the other side of it - which is earning the gun. Now this activity of getting the gun, like you allegedly claim, is not important to you, and that’s okay. No ones telling you that it needs to be important for you. And no one is saying that getting NF is harder than any real life challenge that you, or others, need to deal with in your life. No one is making comparisons. But it is still a fact that NF is a lot of work and a hard grind that cannot be achieved by everyone and you need to accept that instead of asking Bungie for an easier time so you don’t get clapped by people who have worked to be more superior at the game.

Posting in language:

• Edited by epicN123: 4/17/2019 6:55:13 AM
    Again, you're making assumptions, putting words in my mouth, etc., because you can't directly engage with what I'm saying. I never said anywhere that I want the gun to be easier to obtain, in fact I'm not even sure how you got that from me saying I don't care about getting it? The logic there is a bit lacking to say the least. Your further assumption about my political views is also idiotic, nothing I've said indicates that I want anything to be equalized or easier. If you must know I actually believe the exact opposite, I value hard work and think that people should be entitled to the fruits of it, without being expected to compromise or share. At this point, I'm honestly convinced that you're either not closely reading what I'm writing, in which case we're both wasting our time, or you're reading someone else's comments entirely. Literally the vast majority of your response does not directly engage with my comment, and is instead directed at what you (incorrectly) [i]think[/i] I believe instead of what I've actually written for you to read. But anyway, my appreciation for hard work is exactly why I think your description of getting some damn gun in a videogame as hard work is ridiculous, and a clear sign that you've never actually done or accomplished something respectable in the real world. If you had, you'd without a doubt understand that spending hours sitting on your ass playing a game is not "hard work". There are no stakes, no meaningful sacrifices you have to make, and the time commitment is low compared to something actually hard like getting a certification, earning a degree, working full-time etc. Making that equivocation is a sign of both your own ignorance and entitlement. This isn't about me and my own personal situation, rather it's about you and your shamefully limited understanding of what can be considered actually difficult and hard to achieve in the scope of life as a whole. I suggest you wisen up soon, before it metaphorically "kicks you in the balls".

Posting in language:

• How does it take you guys months to years to make adjustments? Most PvP games can tune multiple times per season. You guys are lucky to have biYEARLY sandbox patches.

Posting in language:

• "The team is currently looking at this feedback. We've seen numerous threads over Luna's Howl and Not Forgotten over the last few months" I guess you missed all the posts about enhancement cores then eh

Posting in language:

• Edited by Dirge: 4/5/2019 4:15:06 AM
    Bungie, bro, skuuuurt, is it at all possible to just remove Bloom or is it worked into the D2 archetype system? Bloom is the problem. Literally remove Bloom or give Luna's Howl and Not Forgotten Bloom to make it fair because they don't have Bloom. Luna's already has pretty sh*t range, it doesn't need a nerf per sè, it just needs either Bloom. Or reduce recoil for 140/150 archetype hand cannons. Because apparently on PC you hardly see Luna and Not Forgotten. I think people use it so much on console because it virtually has no recoil. So just reduce recoil on 140 and 150 hand cannons and that's your fix. Boom. You're welcome.

Posting in language:

• Good point man. There is a big skills gap between 180 and others. Ace of Spades and Thorn are awesome on PC.

Posting in language:

• Don't touch Luna's howl or not forgotten, untill you've buffed other weapons to have a similar ttk.

Posting in language:

• Say it with me, REMOVE BLOOM FROM 140/150 handcannons again, REMOVE THE FÛCKING BLOOM thank you

Posting in language:

• Dont nerf LH and NF there are already so many ways to beat them, also remove bloom and fix recoil on 150s. They can compete with LH and NF but the bloom and recoil screws you thats why no one uses them compared to 180s.

Posting in language:

• Wanna reduce the player count in Competitive some more? Punish the people that play it instead of giving the ones who dont incentive.

Posting in language:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon