JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
4/3/2019 3:49:00 PM

Thorn strike

Hey everyone just a little question how do I go about completing the thorn strike I have tried soloing it I have tried it with several different fireteams I can’t seem to complete it I am a warlock light lvl 672 any suggestions

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Hey looking for a chill player to help 2 of us with the last part of the strike for the thorn. We are level 645 hunter and 647 warlock, we have it almost down just need a solid patient player and someone who needs thorn as well. The gamertag is Skyward_Owl_4 on the ps4 send me a message or inv please hope to see you there!

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• If you are having a lot of trouble doing it and are getting frustrated, i suggest watching a youtube video about how one of the 3 of you can stand down on a cliff. Watch the video for the exact location, but what this does is keeps the one that stands on the cliff out of sight and out of danger, while the other 2 keep going on the boss fight. They can wipe as many times as they want because the person on the cliff will keep the team from having to start over. Is it a cheap way of beating the strike and obtaining the thorn, Yes, yes it is. Not only that, but the person on the cliff is basically getting a free thorn for doing absolutely nothing. So maybe put the weakest link down there. Just make sure they keep moving the controller up and down so they don't get kicked for inactivity. However, it does work and i can understand people having to do this with pick up groups off of lfg that do not normally play together. Hope this helps and good luck.

Posting in language:

• Every group has their own way, but the couple times I've ran it we went full DPS; 2 nova/skull warlocks and a BB/shards hunter. Used heavy on the main boss, and just spammed supers for adds/knights.

Posting in language:

• i have done this twice. i dont have thorn. ive helped others get it. i recomend upping your light above 680 to lessen the harsh elements. coordination and timing is key. tether is a big help. well of radience is valuable to suvive thrall and those tracking balls can be blocked by the titans super wall. if coordinated well these three can flow through well. gotta be on top of the ogres real fast, they will ruin you.

Posting in language:

• I can tell you the set up that worked for us. 2 nova bomb warlocks and a tether hunter. One nova bomb can take out a Knight. Tether and invisibility for the thralls kept us alive and full of motes. And for the love of Christ, shoot the little axion balls before they wipe the team. We still wiped a few times, with different set ups, but this was definitely the best.

Posting in language:

• Can't really offer advice, it's a strike, so yeah just do it. Obviously a competent team is a must. I ran with a nighthawk goldie, a skull slova bomb and a well of radiance. Boss room is all about dps so that the boss moves phases quickly, and coordinated ad control. When the knight's spawn you need to drop them quickly, I can't stress how useful a well of radiance is for this. Along with supers that can one bang the nights.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    You are not allowed to view this content.
    ;
    preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon