JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: Vendors
4/2/2019 9:30:13 PM
dmg04

We've seen feedback for vendors, ranging for more sources for Enhanced Perks, to splitting reward packages between Armor and Weapons. What other feedback do you have?
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by DARKTAL0N75: 4/12/2019 12:25:36 PM
    Can you explain why we are missing so many elements that make Destiny, Destiny? Our factions, that used to have weapons and armor worth grinding for in the faction rally - have been taken away and nothing has been done to remedy it. Same with ToO. Why are we losing incredible elements of the game to have them replaced with a "rinse and repeat" mechanic? (AKA: Haunted Forest vs Spring Not So Haunted Forest). I get that you guys are "trying" but - is Bungie investing in the right area financially/gameplay wise. The game is a looter shooter - and MANY complaints I see here, on twitter, and on a variety of forum entries - are a lack of loot - and MASSIVE lack of loot variety. Why do we no longer have armsday? I twittered you a question this week about why the loot pool is so small and we get trivial drip-updates to weapons "each season". In d1 I ground for months for a good Hero Formula and you know what, I never got that "god roll" but the loot pool was so immense I got a ton of other things worth using. D2 is missing this IMMENSELY. The loot pool is boring - we have a minuscule amount of variety weapon-wise - and when we do see new weapons they are just reskins. What is going on? Reward Packages need to return to D1 formula - where we can choose between weapons and armor. However - this concern (that has been raised by others in the forum) also relates to my commentary about the lack of weapons in the loot pool. Every season we should be seeing a massive refresh of the weapons with a variety of archetypes - not just 4 new weapons to grind for. Why do the vendors not actually refresh weapons? You guys had an amazing system in D1 and completely abandon it for a dull, lackluster approach now where people want to grind for new weapons and gear - but it is never available beyond season updates (again, 4-5 new items). We need a TTK-Like weapons update - where the loot pool gets opened wide up and ALL archetypes of weapons are viable.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• A vendor to update our year 1 armor

Posting in language:

• There are a lot of good ideas in this thread, I wouldn’t mind seeing a lot of them implemented in one way or another. I personally really liked the concept of armor ornaments, for one main reason. I enjoy have option for appearance but vault space gets pretty slim as the seasons go on. My thought on ornaments however isn’t just as simple as a reskin. I would like to see perks/mods attached to these ornaments. For example say the Vanguard sets, add strike and NF specific perks to the ornaments. It could add something like an enhanced footing perk (on boots) that reducing stomp throw back by a percentage during strikes and NF. I’m sure we could come up with some really nice/beneficial ideas for the different sets. If a full season set of ornaments is applied give an even cooler added perk. No penalty for running various ornaments. Make the ornaments a challenge to get but not rng based. Something to reflect and represent our skill/ability in said activities. This idea could easily allow us to maximize space in vault, add variety to our characters and give us a little feeling of individuality. While enjoying the activities we prefer to play. In regards to yr 1 armor, I really like how you have been introducing yr 1 weapons back into the pool with updated stats/perks. I feel this could be done with armor as well. Some of those sets were pretty nice. Even if the factions came back with the same set but updated, we have ornaments still that would allow the variety to appearance, saving vault space. Something else in regards to yr 1 weapons. Maybe implement an activity that would allow us to either use the BA forge (which isn’t the best option because it’s an AP event) or the forge on Mercury to update our Verse weapons, EP weapons and any other quest related weapon from yr 1. Maybe even Faction (DO, NM, FWC) weapons, I truly miss my Basilisk. The activity wouldnt have to be end game style but something that everyone could do. It could be something “hidden” in a LS on the Flashpoint planet. An invitation of sort, to re-evaluate our weapons. I’d even be ok with having to purchase said weapon from collection in yr 1 form, run an objective, visit Brother Vance for a shot at a new random rolled version. Like everything else, after completion of the reforge the updated weapon hits the individuals loot pool, like many items currently in game. Anyway, sorry for the Wall of Text. It’s just nice to see you guys responding to some of these ideas.

Posting in language:

• Refresh/update what they’re selling....novel idea I know.

Posting in language:

• Exotic class items

Posting in language:

• Let us apply multiple ornaments to weapons which give them different aesthetic looks all over. Kind of like charms on Rainbow 6 Siege for weapons.

Posting in language:

• Well use the feedback ffs. But your money grap strategy will be to implement this into a new dlc or D3. Like your history in Destiny franchise.

Posting in language:

• I want to see something to spend Bayron Bough on, other than the max 5 Tinctures... have many thousands of this stuff.

Posting in language:

• I'd like to see planetary vendors become more relevant again. Some of the gear they sell, like Asher's Gensym armor, is still really impressive as far as looks are concerned. I'm unsure how viable it would be to add random perks and toss them into the loot pool, but I think it'd be worthwhile if an armor set or two came forward from year one every now and again.

Posting in language:

• Yes. That is still one of my favorite sets for my Hunter.

Posting in language:

• Just give me any reason to spend my crucible tokens lol

Posting in language:

• Out of curiosity, how many do you have?

Posting in language:

• What about legendary shards and gunsmith materials? (Assuming you don't have thousands already)

Posting in language:

• Well you would assume wrong haha, and I'm sitting on 3000 tokens

Posting in language:

• I wish they had a new set of armor each season. To me, it would make the rank up packages something to chase. Also wish I could change me guardians face and hair. I know it sounds dumb in a game where I almost never see my warlock's face, but I'd grind for those types of cosmetic items. It would also be cool to have helmets where I could see my guardians face:)

Posting in language:

• How about more than like 3 weapons and one set of armor for each vendor. Why not have one type of weapon class for each vendor with rotating perks? The way it is now is soooooo lazy. Most of the weapons are reskins

Posting in language:

• Make the vendor loot tables like D1. Rotating perks weekly and new weapons per season. This would be great.

Posting in language:

• Have you played Destiny 1? More specifically, how Vendors worked from Rise of Iron to today. Why did the development team change this? They are also [b][i]ALL[/i][/b] In desperate need to an inventory refresh. And the Faction Vendors. We all want Faction Vendors to return to the way they were in Destiny 1, available all the time, with rotating stock every DLC/Expansion/Season. If you guys still want to hold Faction Rallies on special occasions, then so be it, but as whole, the whole entire Faction Vendir system has to go back to the Destiny 1 days.

Posting in language:

• [quote]What other feedback do you have?[/quote] You might recall that we've asked for a long time now, since Forsaken dropped, for the Y1 armor to get refreshed with Perks.

Posting in language:

• I’d love to see the Faction (NM, DO, FW) vendors come back even without Rallies so that I could rep DO with year 2 gear.

Posting in language:

• Yes, I am stuck repping DO with shaders on all my Hunters’ gear. It’s great but so sad.

Posting in language:

• Here's an idea. Take faction package idea and extend it. Instead of just choosing weapon or armor. Let us choose a specific archetype. That is we would be able to choose say a scout rifle package. Every scout for that specific vendor would be available as a random drop. Same with armor. Say you're looking for specific chest piece. A player should choose a chest armor package with that vendor's available chest pieces. Foundry packages!!! Hakke fangirl wants to see more hakke scout rifles.

Posting in language:

• Sir dmg could I add that all the armour sets from planetary vendors are still d2 vanilla armour sets...they’re a bit useless now. They don’t look that great. Not looking good isn’t just a trait for these armours but for nearly all armour sets excluding, of course the excellent raid armour and black armoury armour. Gone are the days of stunning ornaments on armour and I think the community would like that to return. I think destiny armour looks it’s best when it chooses a theme for example trials and it’s Egyptian armour set and iron banner with its knightesque look. Just look at the last wish armour sets with the awoken theme, I know the devs at bungie aren’t bad at designing armour. Lastly I would like factions to return ( and remain permanently in the tower) and just like in D1 maybe have an exotic quest for a class item along with new armour sets and weapons(slightly off topic but I’d like to see it).

Posting in language:

• I am just curious why all the planetary venders have never received an update, but ever verse gets one every season?

Posting in language:

• I want ranking up to be more difficult but gets you powerful gear. Instead of 20 vanguard tokens to a pack make it 100 but I want a high level service revolver

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon