JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
4/2/2019 5:54:44 PM

Solo pvp Warriors

Shout out to my fellow solo pvp warriors out there. I just Got my Luna's and Recluse after a horrible solo grind.. Don't give up if you haven't gotten it yet

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

I'm seeing a lot of players this season taking on the solo challenge in Comp. With the recent matchmaking changes for Glory, we're also seeing a bit more success from players reaching Fabled.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

243 Replies
    • I did Luna’s solo when it first came out. Was a test of my skill and determination for sure. Might have to try for recluse just to see how much easier it really is.

Posting in language:

• Nice one. I'm tackling it solo and at 1498 at the min. Might have to try and get a team for the last 600.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • On behalf of all the solo meat you ground into fist shaking depression.. You`re Welcome.. I suck at PVP...PERIOD. I`m the one you track when you need a kill. No chance for me to get better at it because even when I re-spawn..there you are to blast me again. After all these years I can count the number of times I enjoyed a crucible round on one hand. I do it for the gear only and wish it wasn`t forced on me as part of an unrelated quest step. So the least you crucible killers can do is do a little dance for me after you blast me on your way to even better gear than what you used to blast me away.

Posting in language:

• Just hopped on to PC a week ago and got the recluse in 3 days. Granted I was using controller because being 35yo, it’s hard for me to adjust to keyboard and mouse. 🤷‍♂️

Posting in language:

8 Replies
        • I am re-energized for I've reached 1190 and approaching Heroic II. With a solid two months left in the season I feel like I'm a little more than a few weeks away from claiming it. Great news is, I will get Recluse at the same time!! It's can be a frustrating thing, but I'm hanging in there. I set some rules for myself and it seems to be working. If I lose two in a row, stop all together, either shut down or go do something else. If I win I keep playing till I lose, then walk away. Also finding the right time in the day to play is key, but never play more than two hours. I also watch the "number" to see who's loading in, does it go up by one, two, more as other players are loading in. If I just lost a match I will wait a good five minutes to find another group to play in. Keeping up the good fight, Wook

Posting in language:

3 Replies
          • Congrats man. My 43% win rate do not let me reach Fabled (((. There should be double points for win and twice less points penalty for lose. Just thinking out loud.

Posting in language:

• Am helping my girlfriend out but grinding it out. An wow 8 game losing streak due thumbles randoms

Posting in language:

• If the comp was any fun I'd throw more time in there then helping my buddy with his three weekly matches.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • Yup I got my lunas and recluse or I'm waiting until reset to get them but it's really easier now

Posting in language:

• Got inspired by u Played comp solo... got a 1v4 lost.... Got another 1v4 guess what happened LOL ... Played another and lost to one guy spamming Jötunn , won the 4th .. went to bed!!! So yeah I guess no recluse for me

Posting in language:

• Trying man, but 2 games in a row now where I've been top of my team and we ended up losing cause we had a guy going .5 efficiency. So demoralizing when no matter how well you play you can still lose glory

Posting in language:

4 Replies
              • Played primarily as a Solo player for years. Realized that all gear gets nerfd when they are good, sooner if great. Stopped chasing anything good, regardless of the incentives dangled like carrots. After Mythoclast, TLW, Thorn, Hawkmoon, All Fusions, All Shotguns and their Percs, All Snipers, All Armor, All Supers, and now the ability to infuse requiring a separate grind I see no reason to chase or play...

Posting in language:

• It's not that I can't reach Fabled. It's that I don't feellike facing Lunas with Dist Rocks and Wardcliffs all the time. Gets boring fast.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • Edited by Dirty Dan: 4/4/2019 6:47:17 AM
                  Lol still ain’t touched comp since S3 after the whole Redrix’s “40% will get it” Claymore incident. No incentive for me cus I’m not some no-skill who uses the easiest shit. Got the one eyed mask and never used it because it was just a damn crutch. These comp pinnacle weapons are the same way. And I play to have fun, not sweat my balls off.

Posting in language:

• me and 1 friend just hit fabled today ;) thanks Bungie for this new system , the grind would have been much horrible without it

Posting in language:

• Ayy

Posting in language:

• I’m still working at them but can’t get fabled

Posting in language:

• Solo comp is terrible. Getting Survival as the game mode is the worst possible scenario.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                  • Congrats dude thats a hell of a solo grind. I absolutely hate 4v4 so i wont bother.

Posting in language:

• I'm working on it as a duo. My wife and I are tackling Luna/Recluse together. We're kinda just taking it at a slow pace. Only 580 so far, but I still need to finish my Headshot kills anyway, and shes still on the hand cannon kills portion. But it's a fun thing to do. It's a pain, but at least we're going through it together.

Posting in language:

• I was on a 5 streak and one game away from fabled. Then i ended up in two matches where half my team quit at the start. I feel pretty demoralized right about now...

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                    • From 1750 to 750 in one week. Almost every match against Lunas, I am sick of it all. Almost every match against silvers and golds while all my team are bronzes. Have no idea how you did this. Thinking about quiting D2 for good

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • Instead of gated steps, Bungie should just hand out a checklist of things to accomplish for Pinnacles; like they did for the Strike weapons. That way every match played would grant some kind of accomplishment. If someone has been acquiring Hand Cannon kills/precisions since the start of the Luna Quest, they should count towards the overall goal instead having to do them all over again. There's a difference between a grind and a chore, and that's why so many players don't bother, or worse, pay someone to do these Quests for them. At the least they're account based now, but they can be better. Also, congrats OP.

Posting in language:

• Nice one mate I got my LJ solo when it come out and literally just got my smg a few hours ago all solo, I love the challenge of doing it and tbh it’s wasn’t really much of a challenge I think I lost about 5 games all night

Posting in language:

• I haven't liked crucible after the year one weapon rebalancing and other mess like nerfs and buffs. It took me 4/5 days to get some 6 simple bounties done. Crucible is dying because of the classic Bungie Nerf or Buff to the weapons that don't need a nerf or buff.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                      ;
                      preload icon
                      preload icon
                      preload icon