JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Cozmo: 4/1/2019 8:20:28 PM
Cozmo

Season of the Drifter Weapon Drop Rates

We will be increasing the drop rates of weapons in The Reckoning in Update 2.2.1. We will also be adding most of the weapons to the loot pool of Gambit Prime to increase the ways you can earn Season of the Drifter weapons. Most weapons will have a chance to drop at the end of Gambit Prime matches. Your drop chance will also increase in both Gambit Prime and the Reckoning every match you don’t get a weapon to prevent long droughts without a drop. Eventually, you will be guaranteed a drop. Gnawing Hunger, Just In Case, and Doomsday will remain as exclusive drops in the Reckoning.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• sorry but not buying that. when you guys decide to start adding more pve content then ill come back to playing everyday instead of 2 times a week. this season after season after season of pvp content is utter garbage. i dont give 2 schitts about pvp content if i wanted to play pvp all the dam time i would go play apex legends

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

4 Replies
    • Thanks, the drop rate increase in the reckoning was needed. And adding weapons to drop in gambit is a nice addition, it didnt feel .. rewarded.

Posting in language:

• So it’s like the nightfall exclusives where If you don’t get it you have a better chance next time? Nice

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • give us REAL PERCENTAGES ! we dont trust you since the 0.0004% buff

Posting in language:

7 Replies
        • Does this effect increase if you only play your role in prime? Such as if you want the hand cannon, you only kill enemies and HVT?

Posting in language:

4 Replies
          • Edited by SHOCKWAVE 134: 4/2/2019 12:41:50 AM
            Make it fun and I’ll play or just remove the PVP element.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • Hi Cozmo, thanks for letting us know about the drop rates in Gambit I think its great communication. Sad to have to say this but the drop rates in gambit and reckoning was something i didn't even think about or care about. Maybe we could get a little bit more news about that bad idea bunjie had about enhancement cores instead of doing a whole thread about something like this.

Posting in language:

• Sounds interesting I might consider going back in

Posting in language:

• Edited by xXx HYDRA xXx61: 4/2/2019 10:59:25 AM
              Sounds good to me :) Really like the Reckoning and Gambit Prime is what Gambit should've been in the first place, Liking that too.

Posting in language:

• Nice April Fools joke

Posting in language:

• By 0.04%?

Posting in language:

• Player base drops = Bungie giving guaranteed loot in the activities nobody wanted. Biggest of oofs

Posting in language:

• That's good news. In my case though, it's the new exotics. I can't get any of them to drop even though I've been playing mostly gambit prime and reckoning. Well, at least it'll be another weekly reset. I hope my luck is better this week.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
              • This will actually get me back into prime! GG Bungo.

Posting in language:

• I like it a change for the better This isn’t the best game in the world this is just a tribute.

Posting in language:

• Any news of the Mars weapon drops, I still can’t get the scout rifle

Posting in language:

• Good move, I've played a decent amount of reckoning and not had a single weapon drop from it.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                • What about Braytech weapons? I only need Niflheim Frost to get my Wayfarer and it never drops from the nodes, i've been getting the same sniper from the last 2,000,000 braytech schematics .-.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                  • Thanks. A well needed change.

Posting in language:

• The point of enhancement cores is clear: Make infusion and masterwork choices meaningful. The problem with it? Armor and weapon choices are largely removed from the player without significant grind. A potential solution? New consumable that drops on first and every subsequent, differing piece of gear that reaches new max light of the season that lets you automatically upgrade other pieces of the same gear type to max light, but you only get three per drop. To illustrate: Each piece of gear, including weapons, are at 695 light. A helmet drops at 700 (your first 700 light piece of gear since the max light increased) and three of the consumables (let’s just call it “Gloss”) drops for helmets - Helmet Gloss. You can then use those Helmet Gloss on three other helmets to automatically bring them up to 700 light. This prevents anyone for getting an unfair advantage as you already have a 700 light helmet, but now you can instantly have variety on your choice of helmets. To continue: Feeding off the above scenario, your overall light level remains the same. You continue playing and a 700 light primary slot scout rifle drops. Three Primary Gloss drops. You don’t like scout rifles so you can now use one of those Primary Gloss to bring up your favorite hand cannon to 700 light. Since you already have a primary slot 700 light weapon, you’re given some choice without changing your overall light. Infusion up to this point is still meaningful and costs enhancement cores. Any further infusion to bring up max light items cost infusion cores once the three Gloss have been used up. It becomes less cumbersome to grind. Player choice is returned to the player once they begin getting max light items.

Posting in language:

• Started a new topic: Thousand Voices drop rate increase should be reasonable.

• Edited by Kemaleon: 4/2/2019 7:33:10 AM
                    Hmm, its like its trying to sound like: "we hear you complain about weapon drop rates (who?) so we're upping the drop rates to make your time feel as rewarded as it should be". But all I'm hearing is: Please play Gambit Prime, please! We're clearly not capable of making decent PvP anymore, we even got rid of our two scapegoats, I mean lead designers so you guys will give us another chance. We put a lot of work into this and it NEEDS to succeed, its not called Gambit for nothing ya know! Please play it, please please please. We don't go back on our 'pioneering' ideas, just look at our network model! So its here to stay as long as all you (handful of) players are. Please play it. Pretty please!

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • So Cozmo What it’s happening with Albarest? Or how ever you spelling damn name . When that will be in drop pool or you going to still keep it secret quest maybe ?????

Posting in language:

• The loot in Toejam and Earl is better

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                      • Ok

Posting in language:

• please buff the drop rate of Hip Fire grip sniper rifles with drop mag and triple tap!

Posting in language:

5 6 7 8 9 10 11
                      You are not allowed to view this content.
                      ;
                      preload icon
                      preload icon
                      preload icon