JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Cozmo: 4/1/2019 8:20:28 PM
Cozmo

Season of the Drifter Weapon Drop Rates

We will be increasing the drop rates of weapons in The Reckoning in Update 2.2.1. We will also be adding most of the weapons to the loot pool of Gambit Prime to increase the ways you can earn Season of the Drifter weapons. Most weapons will have a chance to drop at the end of Gambit Prime matches. Your drop chance will also increase in both Gambit Prime and the Reckoning every match you don’t get a weapon to prevent long droughts without a drop. Eventually, you will be guaranteed a drop. Gnawing Hunger, Just In Case, and Doomsday will remain as exclusive drops in the Reckoning.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Dearest Cozmo, Last night I played 5/6 Tier 3 Reckoning with my clanmates. Each of them rewarded with at least two of the activity exclusive weapons available. I got nothing. We flew back to the tower and I still have hopes something would be in the postmaster. Alas, nothing. I am extremely disappointed by how often this happens and therefore I am typing this stern worded comment in hopes that this announcement is true (we have been lied in the past). I NEED MY LOOT PLEAAAAAAAAAAAASE!!!! Kind regards, Blue

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• At the risk of jinxing myself or attracting hate, I don't have a problem with drop rates. I have at least one of each with probably a third of them curated rolls. Rng gods seem to be generous with me. Except recently with exotics. I'm getting y1 stuff. But I guess that balances out.

Posting in language:

• Thank you! I really want the Spare Rations Hans cannon and I am willing to grind Gambit Prime to get it because Prime doesn’t feel like a total waste of time for me. Love the single round. I either win or lose, no catch up, no extra (extra), just simple. Thank you so much for bringing Bad Luck protection forward!!! Also, could you please add Bad Luck protection to Nightfall exclusive rewards?

Posting in language:

• *burp*

Posting in language:

• Hello surface dwellers! I come from the radiant cesspool of [i]Off-topic[/i] where all your dreams 3/4 of your nightmares and all your fantasies come true

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      I got a question, it most likely won't be answered but, If the devs can decrease the drop rates for certain items making it easier for gamers to acquire the items in a short time like this. Why haven't they done it for other things that have been a request for a long time now? It seems only when it serves a purpose for them trying to show a sign of goodwill they will take action, but other than that the request have been ignored like the RNG in this game. That alone has taken up to a year just to put a little effort into something that really isn't that hard for this company to address. See, if Tess had an issue with anything in here inventory that would benefit the player base this company would be on it to fix it in a heartbeat, that is a fact. Yet, things like increasing the drop rate for, let's say certain emblems has taken months to even think about doing anything about it. Am I missing something here or is Bungie not willing to put the effort into this game as they should be as a developer? because there is a hell of a lot of small things that are easy to address in this game like adding factions back. (Correct me if i'm wrong) but it's going on a year and not 1 single legit word has been said about them other then, the devs have no plans. How is saying we have no plans for almost a year a form of communication? This is a serious question...

Posting in language:

4 Replies
      • Edited by Lady Warmachine: 4/3/2019 6:40:07 AM
        I bet I still get more armor pieces than weapons. The only two gambit prime weapons which have dropped for me are the hand cannon and the SMG twice. Oddly enough both times the SMG dropped it was the curated roll.

Posting in language:

• is it that bad? haven't done reckoning since first week tier 1 because i found out it was a waste of time as the armor was pointless. Other than that, been grinding old content again to get up to 700.

Posting in language:

10 Replies
        • great, how bout turning the drop rates of exotics back up? forsaken drop rates are atrocious compared to year 1

Posting in language:

• Translation: drop rates will increase by 0.01% per match, until eventually, after 10,000 matches, you will be guaranteed one drop. One drop only.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
          • Finally something good

Posting in language:

• Can you buff the drop rates of the forge exotics? I still dont have Jotunn. :'(

Posting in language:

• Yay! Thanks for the heads up, keep up the great work cozmo.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • Don't listen to 90% of comments. You guys are doing great this season. New mod and Core earned from clan also amazing.

Posting in language:

15 Replies
              • Thanks bungie :) For all the hateful and toxic ppl, respect the developers and appreciat the work they do. If you can program this kinda game ... go for it.... it's a mess, everytime I just read I skip this I hate that. In my opinion, If I worked as a game developer and it's always being criticized, I would lose motivation because everything always s**** in the eyes of the community. Keep up the good work Bungie I have faith in you...

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                • Thanks! I’m really pumped to jump in knowing I’ll get better chances at that sweet loot. Good change!!!

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • Edited by Dark Raven 2501: 4/2/2019 12:17:45 AM
                    I think the drop rate for weapons right across the game sucks so why is gambit garbage getting preferential treatment and there’s still the matter of dealing with enhancement cores that you guys seem to refuse to except the fact that they need to be removed from the infusing. Another disappointing decision by bungie. #Remove enhancement cores from infusing

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                    • If you had those drop at light level instead of 680...then you might have grabbed my attention

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                      • Good decision Bungie. Now let’s make another one. How about you do the same with other drops in other areas of the game? Dreaming City sparrow, ship, ghost for example. Nobody is asking for a handout just provide the enhanced ability to eventually receive the item(s) after multiple failed attempts or in this case after weeks and weeks of trying

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                        • Makes me wanna ask, can you guys look into your entire RNG system?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                          • What about drop rates for EP? 78 clears and no sniper.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                            • To act as though the loot in the game has a high enough value currently to provide a chase is delusional.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                              • I'm guessing numbers for reckoning are really really low. Escalation Protocol had this same issue but many players still grinded out 100s of runs trying to get the shot gun, and since it was getting a lot of play time nothing was done until months later to increase drop rates. everyone just stop playing or at least stop infusing anything or farming for cores and maybe then bungie will remove cores from infusion... but probably not though.

Posting in language:

• So the problem is that for a month, the dedicated have been spending tons of their time for very little gain or steps forward (progress) in the game. Cozmo - this shouldn't happen. You guys should have drop rates down to a science right now. Try harder to get it right the first time. Players know their time is disrespected in this game. The RNG and drop rates continue to drive players away.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                                • After 3 months of grinding forge weapons with horrible rolls and 6 months of grinding shattered throne 3x every 3 weeks with no ship- idgaf what you guys do anymore. This game has become a complete and utter disappointment. Just look at the armor. LOOK AT IT. Why is my hunter’s head tinier than his knees when his helmet is off?

Posting in language:

• Well four matches and nothing so far. I don't believe you.

Posting in language:

2 3 4 5 6 7 8
                                You are not allowed to view this content.
                                ;
                                preload icon
                                preload icon
                                preload icon